Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    Yesterday I decided that I wanted the battery indicicator so my second zip file is the same files modified further to have both the battery icon and percentage indicator in color.
    Yes this is what things looked like when applying it using webos quick install. I just wasn't sure which percent reporting method was used. But I'm thinking it used the default and not the actual percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    I personally liked the original way nesl247 did it in that you could optionally add or take away the battery icon. I never really (personally) found any use for the icon. While just the percentage did the trick for me. If I can't take the battery icon away, that is NOT a game changer, I just liked the option and now having the actual reading is neat.
    When applying it using webos quick install for 1.1 it gave you the option at that point to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by bman87 View Post
    I used Delta-9's files for the Battery icon + colored text. But the percentage does not match what the menu says when you click on the battery icon. Right now it says 100% in the top corner, but says 95% in the menu.

The 1.1.0 version was exactly what it said in the menu
    I'm guessing that before it was using the default percent reporting and now you have the actual percent reporting. The default pecent reporting updates every 10 minutes and has a routine to show the percent at 100% when it is at least 94% or 95% or higher charge. I think that is because of charging safety routines that prevent over charging so rather than the user seeing the percent go up and down when it gets to the safety point. Also because of the 10 minute interval the percent seen will almost always be seen as higher than the actual percent. I use battery monitor to test drain rates for certain things and it reports the actual percent which is how I come to know what I just stated.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    nesl247's code is still in place with my version. You have to open the files, find the batteryLevelImage variable and change it from a 2 to a 1 or 0

Here is the excerpt taken from the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $inside$ $of$ $BatteryPercentWithColors1$.$2$.$0$.$zip$

// Replace this with a user definable setting
    var batteryLevelImage = 2; // 0 displays image (factory default)
    // 1 displays numerical percentage
    // 2 displays the image on left and numerical percentage on right (default)

var batteryLevelColor = 1; // Set to 0 for white, 1 for color
    Sweet! You rock!

Question Delta-9; So your second tweak/mod to the percentage is in color, is that only when charging?
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm guessing that before it was using the default percent reporting and now you have the actual percent reporting. The default pecent reporting updates every 10 minutes and has a routine to show the percent at 100% when it is at least 94% or 95% or higher charge. I think that is because of charging safety routines that prevent over charging so rather than the user seeing the percent go up and down when it gets to the safety point. Also because of the 10 minute interval the percent seen will almost always be seen as higher than the actual percent. I use battery monitor to test drain rates for certain things and it reports the actual percent which is how I come to know what I just stated.
    So in the tweak Delta-9 has made, does it update per percentage drop/increase on the fly? If so then that is an improvment over the 1.1 tweak!
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    So in the tweak Delta-9 has made, does it update per percentage drop/increase on the fly? If so then that is an improvment over the 1.1 tweak!
    There is a post not too many posts back in the thread where it is posted the code for using either of the methods. I prefer the default method that is used by the pre normally. I had to change it back to that since the files in the zip also not too many posts back in the thread. I believe that the patch that was used in webos quick install used the default method. Try them both and see which you prefer. Only a few lines of code to change so if you are comfortable doing that go for it. I made a quilt patch of the percentage and image with the default.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I installed "Battery Icon as a %" patch on my Pre running 1.2.1 using Preware and it displays okay but I can't uninstall it. It is not listed in Installed Packages; in fact, it is actually still listed in the Available Patches. If I try to install it again to overwrite it but I encounter an error. I am told to look at the IPKG Log and I do see two lines in red... Can anyone help me uninstall it?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Other then rooting your Pre, you probably can't uninstall it.

Did you update to a newer version of Preware without removing all of your patches?

I have done a few tweaks to the patches because I want my personal touch then what others may have, and I am comfortable with rooting the Pre after the patch is installed.

That being said, your best bet is to root the pre, go to the specific lines and in Vi (within root) and delete the lines.

Otherwise get a clean bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $a$ $clean$ .$css$ $file$ $and$ $overwrite$ $the$ $old$ $ones$. $Actually$ $after$ $I$ $think$ $about$ $it$, $you$ $probably$ $have$ $a$ $back$ $up$ $of$ $each$ $of$ $those$ $files$. $If$ $you$ $could$ $root$ $the$ $pre$ $and$ $change$ $those$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $original$ $you$ $would$ $have$ $clean$ $files$. $They$ $are$ $usually$ $named$: $bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by og1502 View Post
    I installed "Battery Icon as a %" patch on my Pre running 1.2.1 using Preware and it displays okay but I can't uninstall it. It is not listed in Installed Packages; in fact, it is actually still listed in the Available Patches. If I try to install it again to overwrite it but I encounter an error. I am told to look at the IPKG Log and I do see two lines in red... Can anyone help me uninstall it?
    You can use webos repair utility to replace the file that is patched by this patch that way you will have a clean file to be patched. If you have other patches that patch that file you will want to remove them 1st and then apply them again after replacing the file with the original.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Perfect. So what file/s are patched by this package?

systemui.css & bar-assistant.jsjsjs ?

I have other patches installed. Will replacing the files this package patches some how interfere with other installed packages?
    Last edited by og1502; 10/14/2009 at 01:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

I have other patches installed. Will replacing the files this package patches some how interfere with other installed packages?
    My posts to this thread were before I was able to find how easy "preware" tweaks are to install. What I would recommend is not using the files I posted here ... instead following the instructions to get preware installed on your Pre and once installed you can apply this patch and about 40 other useful patches all with simple on-screen clicks. 100% automated and can be completely removed before the next WebOS update with relative ease.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My posts to this thread were before I was able to find how easy "preware" tweaks are to install. What I would recommend is not using the files I posted here ... instead following the instructions to get preware installed on your Pre and once installed you can apply this patch and about 40 other useful patches all with simple on-screen clicks. 100% automated and can be completely removed before the next WebOS update with relative ease.
    I was using Preware both to install and uninstall.

I'm not sure what files each patch modifies. Most if not all patches are detailed on webos-internals so you can check there to see what files are modified by each of your patches. Those details may also be in the remove script and install script.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks StoneRyno. I was able to uninstall it by using WebOS Repair Utility to replace:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    I changed my theme and my battery % is not working. What could I do to make it work agin I love this patch.

Could you please help me?
    yea I can't get this to work either
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gonzalu View Post
    I changed my theme and my battery % is not working. What could I do to make it work agin I love this patch.

Hopefully you have Preware installed. You can fix it using that tool and somethings within it.

Read the first post in this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ompatible.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gonzalu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    yea I can't get this to work either
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    Hopefully you have Preware installed. You can fix it using that tool and somethings within it.

Read the first post in this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ompatible.html
    It appears some themes are patching or replacing more than just image files. I tried a couple to discover that it changed more than what was represented in pics. I guess that leads to a request to have screen shots indicating everything a theme changes. I can't say for sure how many are in need of that but I know of the less than 10 I have tried so far half of them changed stuff not show in screenshots. But any ways I use the new patch feature of preware and have had no issues having patches and a theme present on my pre. However I remove the theme 1st and then all of my patches so that it doesn't cause any potential problems for upgrading. I also apply my patches before the theme and haven't had any problems either. But if a theme patches a file already patched it could be possible that something goes wrong regarding that already patched file.
    I have been trying to reinstall this icon and % patch through preware and I keep getting this message:

"error installing: See IPKG Log"

I tried installing through WebOSquick install, and it gives me a bunch of errors:

An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume-R?[n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored --saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$reg$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 135 (offset-1 lines).
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.battery-percent-and-icon from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webinternals.patch.battery-percent-and-icon.prerm)

Anybody know what this means and how to fix it?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmaasen View Post
    I have been trying to reinstall this icon and % patch through preware and I keep getting this message:

"error installing: See IPKG Log"

I tried installing through WebOSquick install, and it gives me a bunch of errors:

An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume-R?[n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored --saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$reg$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 135 (offset-1 lines).
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.battery-percent-and-icon from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webinternals.patch.battery-percent-and-icon.prerm)

Anybody know what this means and how to fix it?

Thanks!
    I am assuming that as it is described in the error the file already contains part of the changes of the patch or another patch is interfering with this one being applied correctly. You will probably get better advice posting about this in the preware thread if you haven't already. If this happened to me I would write down all the patches I had applied. Then remove them all. Reboot apply them all and then reboot. That way no pre-existing changes are present to interfere with each being added. I'm sure there is a simpler way to remedy it for you which is why I direct you to the preware thread.
    I tried uninstalling all my patches and while uninstalling through preware, I still received the same error message as i did when i tried to install this patch. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I feel your pain brother . . After having similar issues a week or so ago regarding getting this to reinstall, it suddenly reappeared magically one day. Then upon changing themes the other day It vanished again with the same inability to reinstall it as you have mentioned above.

I don't get it. This patch is almost as irritating as the multi mod browser patch which until 2 days ago was the bane of my existence.

I guess I'll just wait for the magic patch Jesus to fix it when I'm looking away just like the last time.

I'm still surprised by the fact that being a wall puncher and game controller thrower and smasher at heart that my Pre hasn't been violently introduced to wall.

Otherwise ... life is peachy. Just them two patches laugh at me.