Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Hey WEbby here is the screen shot of the percentage icon. Did a fresh install reason for the bland picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey WEbby here is the screen shot of the percentage icon. Did a fresh install reason for the bland picture.
    Was this using my files? I can post a photo/screenshot today as well. It was midnight and I needed to get to bed.

Edit -- screenshot added to my previous post.
    Last edited by Delta-9; 09/29/2009 at 08:44 AM.
    This works fine when applying using quick install 2.03 tweak. But must be version 2.03.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    AWESOME, and you used the actual battery command! BUT I wonder how many people will really like seeing the actual percentage because it seemed to never get to 100% but I could be wrong. I just thought it neat to get the actual reading! So I may just have to DL 1.2.0 now and test this out and see if I can apply some things nesl247 did with the colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    Screenshot added: (It should be noted that I also applied the "Actual battery" tweak which is why the two percentages do not match)

Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    If you don't want to see the actual percentage, its pretty easy to enable the default reporting.

I have left the default code in place, just commented it out in the zipfile for this exact reason. The additions for actual percentage are below the commented out original code.

My version of bar-assistant.jsjsjs, $lines$ $1455$ -&$gt$; $1462$ ($on$ $top$)

==============

// if (payload.percent_ui != undefined) {
    if (payload.percent != undefined) {
    //Save the Battery Percentage
    // this.batteryLevel = payload.percent_ui;
    this.batteryLevel = payload.percent;
    for (var i = 0; i < this.powerIndicator.length; i++) {
    // if (payload.percent_ui > this.powerIndicator[i])
    if (payload.percent > this.powerIndicator[i])

=========

if (payload.percent_ui != undefined) {
    //Save the Battery Percentage
    this.batteryLevel = payload.percent_ui;
    for (var i = 0; i < this.powerIndicator.length; i++) {
    if (payload.percent_ui > this.powerIndicator[i])

==========

Replace the top snippet of code with the bottom snippet of code and you have the original battery percentage functionality.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This mod is now in the Tweaks section of Quick Install 2.02.
    I rooted my Pre a few weeks ago, but I'm still having issues finding these sections and mods.
    Could you guys who mentioned stuff like this provide some links to what you're referring to?
    I'd love to do this mod (and see some others) in an organized place.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Ok... I went back and modified the files again because I realized I couldn't tell if the phone was charging without the battery icon.

So here is a screenshot and the files are attached.

As with my previous post,

Unzip and put the 2 files inside the zip file in the following locations:

bar-assistant.jsjsjs : /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/
    systemui.css : /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/

If someone can create a "diff" file we can create a patch from my files to make this a little easier.

As always, make a backup of your files before you copy over these files, just in case:

cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.orig
    Attached Files Attached Files
    For those of you who want the Battery Percent with Icon but the percentage in White font copy paste the following as root and it should work:
    mv /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    mv /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.orig
    cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/
    wget http://filebin.ca/bnmqpv/bar-assistant.js
    cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/
    wget http://filebin.ca/qvagpf/systemui.css
    cd /
    stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr
    to remove do the following:
    rm /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    rm /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    mv /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$orig$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    mv /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.orig usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    cd /
    stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr
    Please thank if this helped you

Screenshot:
    Last edited by hckyplayer024; 09/29/2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Please make this a quilt patch. It has been the stadard for patching and will in the near future be used in a feed process to install with preware and webos quick install and anyone else who follows the standards. No need to install more optware in the already precious app space (at least until such time as the allocation is changed). I was actually shocked to find the thread to only find that it was not a quilt patch. Updating the quilt patches is real easy and makes it that much easier for everyone to then update. Especially when the patches are in a feed to install with preware and webos quick install etc.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I was actually shocked to find the thread to only find that it was not a quilt patch. Updating the quilt patches is real easy and makes it that much easier for everyone to then update. Especially when the patches are in a feed to install with preware and webos quick install etc.
    Very good, if you have the know how and ability please make the patches and provide for folks like you that use quilt. I do not.

I wanted the battery percentage for *my* phone, so I did the patch myself by hand. I was providing the same file to others if they, too, wanted the same features.

I do not know how to make the quilt nonsense nor am I going to read through documentation that I do not have or go searching for documentation on something like that. That the good thing about a community like this, people who want things now can and will do whatever to make it work. Others will wait for others to make the patches in a format they are comfortable with.

hckyplayer024 and myself have provided two ways to make this function work with 1.2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    Very good, if you have the know how and ability please make the patches and provide for folks like you that use quilt. I do not.

I wanted the battery percentage for *my* phone, so I did the patch myself by hand. I was providing the same file to others if they, too, wanted the same features.

I do not know how to make the quilt nonsense nor am I going to read through documentation that I do not have or go searching for documentation on something like that. That the good thing about a community like this, people who want things now can and will do whatever to make it work. Others will wait for others to make the patches in a format they are comfortable with.

hckyplayer024 and myself have provided two ways to make this function work with 1.2.0
    My bad I just assumed that since you had done all that work you knew how to use quilt too. But preferred the copy paste method to supply to the forum. I couldn't make heads or tails of what was being changed. The files attached in the post a little bit back in the thread is that identical (updated for 1.2 of course) to what was included with webos quick install or did quick install have the actual percent or the default percent? I spent the last few hours learning how to use quilt and now can make patch files. Just am clueless how to add them to the repo but someone has offered to do that for me.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Ya same here delta-9, quilt never really did it for me either. I did messaging opening in separate card all by hand and found that I really use that tweak so that is why I am waiting a bit. I took probably 4 hours doing that all by hand and I don't want to lose that tweak so I am waiting on 1.2 But I know I will upgrade soon and loose that as I bet that isn't top priority on some peoples list.

But having the actual percentage in the top right IS BIG so I am glad to see you got it working!!!! So I have DL'd your colored % bar-assistant file because I assume it a clean file other then the % tweak and then I will tweak from there!!!
    (and my wife's)
    I've generated the quilt patch file and posted it for the volunteer to add to the webos-internals repo. The great thing about quilt is it can be used to apply the patches easily without one needing to even access linux on their pre. Jason had added a lot of the patches to webos quick install that way. All that is needed is a feed that can be added to webos-quick install and preware and then all that is needed is patches added to the feed and then anyone can apply the patches just like installing an app.
    Webby_s the new card in each conv is working
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    The files attached in the post a little bit back in the thread is that identical (updated for 1.2 of course) to what was included with webos quick install or did quick install have the actual percent or the default percent?
    No idea what the "quick install" had or has, all I can tell you is what the files are and how I created them.

I upgraded to 1.2.0 and I wanted to have the percentage indicator. My first post has the two 1.2.0 files modified, percentage indicator, no battery icon, no color.

Yesterday I decided that I wanted the battery indicicator so my second zip file is the same files modified further to have both the battery icon and percentage indicator in color.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I personally liked the original way nesl247 did it in that you could optionally add or take away the battery icon. I never really (personally) found any use for the icon. While just the percentage did the trick for me. If I can't take the battery icon away, that is NOT a game changer, I just liked the option and now having the actual reading is neat.
    (and my wife's)
    I used Delta-9's files for the Battery icon + colored text. But the percentage does not match what the menu says when you click on the battery icon. Right now it says 100% in the top corner, but says 95% in the menu.

The 1.1.0 version was exactly what it said in the menu
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bman87 View Post
    I used Delta-9's files for the Battery icon + colored text. But the percentage does not match what the menu says when you click on the battery icon. Right now it says 100% in the top corner, but says 95% in the menu.

This was stated a few post back but this is the ACTUAL Percentage reading. the command is from the app "Battery Monitor". I said that this would be a neat % to actually see (pun intended)

I think it has something to do with when charging the Pre the charging stops once it gets to 100% then starts charging again when at 95%. But the GUI still states 100%. So it would count down from the 100% in the GUI but actually not be at what percentage if, say, you pull it from the charger at 97%.

Does that help?
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    I personally liked the original way nesl247 did it in that you could optionally add or take away the battery icon. I never really (personally) found any use for the icon. While just the percentage did the trick for me. If I can't take the battery icon away, that is NOT a game changer, I just liked the option and now having the actual reading is neat.
    nesl247's code is still in place with my version. You have to open the files, find the batteryLevelImage variable and change it from a 2 to a 1 or 0

Here is the excerpt taken from the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $inside$ $of$ $BatteryPercentWithColors1$.$2$.$0$.$zip$

// Replace this with a user definable setting
    var batteryLevelImage = 2; // 0 displays image (factory default)
    // 1 displays numerical percentage
    // 2 displays the image on left and numerical percentage on right (default)

var batteryLevelColor = 1; // Set to 0 for white, 1 for color
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bman87 View Post

As Webby_s stated, I've discussed this already:

http://forums.precentral.net/1930136-post425.html