Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    ok i reapplied the battery patch with fresh bar-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $systemui$.$css$ $files$, $then$ $tested$ $it$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $everything$ $was$ $working$... $Everything$ $was$ $fine$ $as$ $expected$, $and$ $then$ $i$ $did$ $the$ $changes$ $described$ $in$ $325$ $exactly$ $as$ $written$ ($changed$ $if$ $statement$, $changed$ $3$ $function$ $calls$ $and$ $changed$ $function$ $definition$) $BUT$ $i$ $still$ $get$ $Undefined$ $in$ $the$ $corner$ $of$ $my$ $screen$ $when$ $i$ $plug$ $in$ $the$ $phone$ $or$ $unplug$ $it$. $It$ $only$ $lasts$ $until$ $the$ $first$ $battery$ $tick$ $or$ $until$ $i$ $press$ $the$ $top$ $corner$ $but$ $its$ $still$ $annoying$...

any idea why?

EDIT: btw the changes do work, the Percentage still becomes blue after plugging it in
    Last edited by Tag234; 08/22/2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Provided further information
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    My guess is you have something entered wrong... Like missing an addition in a line somewhere.... Go over it again and make sure everything is correct... Just my guess.
    The lines are the same as the ones I changed and still no luck. Not sure what I could be doing wrong. I've tried re-writing the whole thing a few times with no luck. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Edit: Not sure if I wasn't clear but I have the actual battery percentage working, just not the charging aspect. That one didn't seem to work when I edited the listed lines.
    Last edited by HockeyNYR; 08/23/2009 at 01:47 AM.
    Still havent gotten this to work....

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...installed.html
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I keep seeing people ask how to install patches..can somebody please tell me if im doing this wrong...

i got everything to work by just getting root access to my pre via WinSCP, then i go to the bar assist file and copy it to my computer before i edit it. I then edit it to what im told to do and it works perfectly fine for me and im doing this all through winscp. I didnt need to do any of the coding...is this a safe way of doing it?

also if somebody could help me get the percent on the RIGHT side of the battery...right now its in between my states and battery and i don't like the way it looks...any suggestions please?
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Mine also
    So why is mine a little off?
    Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sims View Post
    I am having the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    The only thing I can think of is if you didn't copy the tweak correctly or something. Like missing a ; or ) or something. That would be my only guess. (without looking back at the hack)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sims View Post
    It worked flawlessly before I tried to apply the changes as described in post #325. (To change the font color when charging) I just double checked the changes I made with post #325 and unfortunately I did not find anything that I missed. Hopefully someone else has experienced the issue and has been able to find a fix.
    I'm seeing the word "undefined" in place of the percentage each time I begin or end charging. It stays there until I tap the battery area, and then it reverts to the percentage. Has anyone figured out what's causing this? I checked and my changes appear to match what's been outlined in earlier posts.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    I have root access to my Pre just fine over PuTTY and have the up-to-date patch (2.5.9-3) installed. But when I try to "wget http: //filebin.ca/ebtqpm/bar-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; ($according$ $to$ $post$ #$98$), $I$ $get$ $a$ &$quot$;$Connection$ $refused$&$quot$; $error$. $I$ $seem$ $to$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $ping$ $the$ $remote$ $host$ $though$ ($208$.$68$.$18$.$109$) $so$ $the$ $server$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $up$. $Any$ $ideas$ $what$ $the$ $problem$ $is$?

EDIT: Nevermind, bad timing. Server is now back online
    Last edited by digitaljok; 08/25/2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Server came back online
    Thanks for this. I really love this mod.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Can somone please give me the code to change the color of the percentage. i already have it installed on my pre. Its the green one, but i would like to change it to red, can somone help me out please? Thanx
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mashiya View Post
    Can somone please give me the code to change the color of the percentage. i already have it installed on my pre. Its the green one, but i would like to change it to red, can somone help me out please? Thanx
    Check out this post. It has the code references in it. If you search for that code in bar-assistant.jsjsjs $using$ $the$ $vi$ $text$ $editor$, $you$ $can$ $change$ $the$ $color$ $numbers$ $to$ $suit$ $your$ $preferences$. ($Be$ $sure$ $to$ $use$ $Hex$ $color$ $numbers$...)
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Not sure if there is some spceial to get this to work but I have tried everything that I can think of.

The first time I applied the patch I was getting phone offline so I deleted the patch and then re-imported and re-applied. I have service now but still can not see the actual battery %.

The last thing that I tried was the below script and still nothing. Anyboby have any ideas of what to try next?

mount -o rw,remount /
    cd /opt/src/modifications
    git pull
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/luna/show-actual-battery-percent.patch
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/<next_patch_to_update> (repeat for all patches that need updating or new patches to add)
    quilt push -a
    mount -o ro,remount /
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

This mod is now in the Tweaks section of Quick Install 2.02.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to be modifying the patch anymore. I've really lost interest in the Pre, and no longer am interested in modifying it.

Sorry to those of you who were waiting for an update to fix the lack of immediate updates of the percentage.
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to be modifying the patch anymore. I've really lost interest in the Pre, and no longer am interested in modifying it.

Sorry to those of you who were waiting for an update to fix the lack of immediate updates of the percentage.
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post

That's too bad. It never bothered me that much anyway. The percentage worked just fine for me.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    doesnt work in 1.2
    any fixes???
    Vis
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I can bet someone else will be around to get this working in 1.2.0! My wife even found it VERY useful!!! That's saying a lot. I don't know how to code but I might be interested in learning how just for this but with an 11 month old and work I will have no time.

I want to thank nesl247 for all his hard work, now it's time to let someone else shine.

Here is my request; in the Battery Monitor app we have the "actual" percentage. Could one take from that app (the command to get the actual percentage) and put that up in the battery area!!!!! (in the bar-assistant file)

That's just my observations.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I am by no means a pro at this, but I did get my battery percentage to work under 1.2.0 (without color). Maybe tomorrow, if no one else gets the color working I can try and get color working. This version doesn't give you the battery indicator either, just the percentage.

Unzip and put the 2 files inside the zip file in the following locations:

bar-assistant.jsjsjs : /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/
    systemui.css : /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/

Screenshot added: (It should be noted that I also applied the "Actual battery" tweak which is why the two percentages do not match)

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Delta-9; 09/29/2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Uploaded file to the forum instead of linking elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Hmmmm, very interesting.... I will be honest and say I am going to stay away from 1.2.0 for awhile because I have SOOOO many tweaks and I want to see that those are out and then DL it and then add those tweaks.

But if someone is willing to show pics or anything of the sort, please feel free...HAHAHA

This is in NO way demeaning your work Delta-9! It's just cuz I have so many other tweaks set in that I want to wait. And I don't do anything with the emulator.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)