This is what I used and it worked flawlessly:

Thanks again!!!!
    pkill LunaSysMgr

will reset the 'OS' also.
  3. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Also, the original tweak is a patch so all you would have to do is go to post #98 and do what is says at root@castle within Putty.

I am saying all this assuming you have learned how to root the pre. If I were you and had no knowledge about editing the file in vi, do the patch. That way I am pretty sure you won't screw anything up.

That is all coming from someone who had never rooted anything before in my life and now I am pretty confident about tweaking things. So just take a few hours someday and learn as much as you can from the wiki site and you will be very proud of yourself. It's fun!
    I'm going to give that another shot this afternoon. I didn't install Optware, so that could be my problem. I hope it works!! Thanks for the help!
  4. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Mine isn't exactly that number line either. Look around, do some searching and you will find it!
    I did look around and couldn't find them anywhere. Could they possibly be named something else?
  5. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    Alright, the patch is done. I've tested it again my own pre, and have been testing the actual changes for hours (testing while writing).

Before you can install the patch, please make sure you have the patch program installed. If you have not, please follow the following link, and run the optware bootstrap portion: Next steps - WebOS Internals

Afterwards, run the following commands as root:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    ipkg-opt install patch
    If you have a previous version of the patch, make sure you have updated to version 1.1 of WebOS, and then run the following commands:
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/ebtqpm/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    $wget$ $http$://$filebin$.$ca$/$suyruk$/$systemui$.$css$
    $mv$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    $mv$ $systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    To install the patch, run the following commands as root:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/rkhhnc/pre_battery_meter-3.diff
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$orig$
    $patch$ -$p0$ -$i$  $pre_battery_meter$-$3$.$diff$
    /$sbin$/$initctl$ $stop$ $LunaSysMgr$ &$amp$;&$amp$; /$sbin$/$initctl$ $start$ $LunaSysMgr$
    You now have a choice of 3 display styles, as well as choosing to display in color or white. To change this, open

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Find (Line 1172-1173)
    Code:
    var batteryLevelImage = 2
    var batteryLevelColor = 1
    0 = factory default image
    1 = numerical percentage
    2 = image on left, percentage on right

You can change batteryLevelColor to 0 if you want the percentage to be white.

If there's any problems, please let me know. It should work just fine.
    I did this whole thing and STILL nothing! I can't find batteryLevelImage or batteryLevelColor ANYWHERE in the script and I've looked for it a thousand times. This is so frustrating. Why can't it be as easy as changing the signal bar colors????
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I did this whole thing and STILL nothing! I can't find batteryLevelImage or batteryLevelColor ANYWHERE in the script and I've looked for it a thousand times. This is so frustrating. Why can't it be as easy as changing the signal bar colors????
    Try this vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I am using the WebOS Quick Install to pull down the file to edit and I cant find the BatteryLevelImage or BatteryLevelColor in the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $either$. $Anyone$ $know$ $whats$ $goin$ $on$?
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Hey... Since you are putting stuff up there, any chance you could add a few things more to the toolbar at the top?

An indicator, ala Palm OS, between the signal strength and clock, that shows at a glance when there are sms messages, voice messages, or emails waiting? Preferably a separate icon with EACH and a tiny number on each showing how many messages await. Also an icon showing when the phone is in silent or vibrate mode!

Does this sound like something you would be interested in writing for us?

Does this sound like something you guys (other than nesl247) would be interested?

Thanks

Knox
    I guess I will ask since no one else has... Is the notification on the lower right of the screen not good enough?

I could see having those small icons having numbers corisponding to how many SMS's one would have or VM's. Otherwise I don't think I would use the tweak. So that isn't saying someone else wouldn't.

(PS sorry for the multipule posts... just thought I would answer each but forgot about M-Quote)
    The one at the bottom of the screen takes up landscape. And it can be removed and forgotten about.

Having it at the top of the screen near the clock would not take up any screen real estate and would always be there (except in full-screen games).
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    Alright, the patch is done. I've tested it again my own pre, and have been testing the actual changes for hours (testing while writing).

Before you can install the patch, please make sure you have the patch program installed. If you have not, please follow the following link, and run the optware bootstrap portion: Next steps - WebOS Internals

Afterwards, run the following commands as root:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    ipkg-opt install patch
    If you have a previous version of the patch, make sure you have updated to version 1.1 of WebOS, and then run the following commands:
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/ebtqpm/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    $wget$ $http$://$filebin$.$ca$/$suyruk$/$systemui$.$css$
    $mv$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    $mv$ $systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    To install the patch, run the following commands as root:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/rkhhnc/pre_battery_meter-3.diff
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$orig$
    $patch$ -$p0$ -$i$  $pre_battery_meter$-$3$.$diff$
    /$sbin$/$initctl$ $stop$ $LunaSysMgr$ &$amp$;&$amp$; /$sbin$/$initctl$ $start$ $LunaSysMgr$
    You now have a choice of 3 display styles, as well as choosing to display in color or white. To change this, open

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Find (Line 1172-1173)
    Code:
    var batteryLevelImage = 2
    var batteryLevelColor = 1
    0 = factory default image
    1 = numerical percentage
    2 = image on left, percentage on right

You can change batteryLevelColor to 0 if you want the percentage to be white.

If there's any problems, please let me know. It should work just fine.
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but how to we uninstall this patch?
    run the first set of commands where it says "if you have a previous version of this patch...." all that is doing is giving you the default 1.1 version of the barassistant.jsjsjs $file$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    run the first set of commands where it says "if you have a previous version of this patch...." all that is doing is giving you the default 1.1 version of the barassistant.jsjsjs $file$.
    Thanks man!
    Haven't posted in a while , any updates as to the lag fix.? Sorry if its been discussed, and I appreciate the time spent on this mod...

So is the lag time fixed yet or do you still gotta do the tap... I find this mod useless if I have to update to tap the corner...
    My percentage does change blue while charging, and when I unplug it. It only goes green again when I tap it. Anyone else experience this?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Yes that is not uncommon, it is a known fact that the percentage updates about every five minutes or so if nothing is touched... This is true for the battery icon as well (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $and$ $has$ $been$ $discussed$ $in$ $depth$. $It$'$s$ $frustrating$ $that$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $update$ $with$ $each$ % $increase$ $or$ $decrease$. $But$ $over$ $time$ $I$ $have$ $gotten$ $used$ $to$ $it$ $and$ $still$ $really$ $like$ $the$ % $instead$ $of$ $the$ $icon$.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sims View Post
    I am having the same issue. vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix?
    same issue. I get an undefined up in the top right corner when i plug in or unplug my device. It goes away as soon as i tap it....
    I did look around and couldn't find them anywhere. Could they possibly be named something else?
    I just did mine and they were located in the 1300's. I don't remember the exact line but maybe try looking around there.

Edit: I'm trying to get the charging option to work but it won't change blue when I plug it in.
    Last edited by HockeyNYR; 08/22/2009 at 01:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    My guess is you have something entered wrong... Like missing an addition in a line somewhere.... Go over it again and make sure everything is correct... Just my guess.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Don't know why but there is a consistent difference of 3% between the actual (I presume) %age shown in the tap and drop down menu and as shown in the % display by this mod. The modded % display is always 3% higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Don't know why but there is a consistent difference of 3% between the actual (I presume) %age shown in the tap and drop down menu and as shown in the % display by this mod. The modded % display is always 3% higher.
    Mine is dead on!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Mine is dead on!
    Mine also