Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm going to be working on it to make it look better and everything tomorrow. Haven't had the time today, and when I did that patch I just wanted to get it to work, regardless of how it looked.
    Well thanks again. I didn't try the patch method I just vi and put the code in. I tried to add the percentage sign after the last line we added and I just got a white bar. I am working on something to see if I can change the low battery warning now.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    I'm going to be working on it to make it look better and everything tomorrow. Haven't had the time today, and when I did that patch I just wanted to get it to work, regardless of how it looked.
    Is it possible for you to upload the patch to the wiki?

Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

This would automate the application and removal of the patch for many people.

Thanks... plee3
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'll do that once the patch has been developed a bit more. I want to make it look a bit better and possibly have it configurable (icon vs text option).
    any pictures ???
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    So what did I do wrong anyone know
    Per your request
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I didn't try the patch after I saw the message posted. I went to the website and it shows the code and I just placed it in the appropriate file.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I didn't try the patch after I saw the message posted. I went to the website and it shows the code and I just placed it in the appropriate file.
    What lines, what files (well that's a dumb one, the file is obviously right there) but that's what I am getting at, I don't care about "patches", let me edit the file in vi or at least make it like d2globalinc has done in the past, very simple. But I will settle for what lines and files I need to edit in vi.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Alright. I've made some progress. This patch allows you to change between the original image style, and text percentage (with % shown now). It's only changeable via bar-assistant.jsjsjs ($look$ $for$ $batteryLevelImage$ $variable$).

To apply this patch, make sure you've undone any changes from the previous patch. As root, run the following commands:

Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    wget http://filebin.ca/prhvwq/pre_battery_percentage.diff
    patch -p0 -i  pre_battery_percentage.diff
    /sbin/initctl stop LunaSysMgr && /sbin/initctl start LunaSysMgr
    This will patch it successfully (I've tested it).
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Perfect Thank you.... Remember, I am sorry if I EVER made it sound as if I was saying I wasn't thankful for your efforts. I just had a difficult time with the "patch" in the previous posts (within the thread) and this has worked flawlessly! Thank you again!!!

Hope to see your wisdom and insight within the forums more often!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    This thread is worthless without a picture........
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Umm look up a couple of post (dare I say, duh!)(thanks mamouton)

So my only grip would be (and this falls back on lack of knowledge of linux and it's files) would be it doesn't 'update' on the fly. Meaning, if the battery drops 1% it doesn't update until you either push the icon or let the Pre sleep. Can that be done?
    Last edited by Webby_s; 07/23/2009 at 12:54 AM.
    I've followed the instructions over at Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

I run a quilt series and it shows

Code:
    root@castle:/# quilt series
    /opt/src/patches/hidden-clock.patch
    /opt/src/patches/show-actual-battery-percent.patch
    /opt/src/patches/messaging-sounds.patch
    /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    root@castle:/# quilt push
    File series fully applied, ends at patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    I tried Luna stop/restart and even a reboot. I still have the battery icon.

Should i try using the method nesl247 used?
    nesl247 is the OP. When I tried to get the patch I kept getting an error. I downloaded the file from here http://filebin.ca/prhvwq/pre_battery_percentage.diff and vi'd in to make the changes. I am also posting a picture.

Thanks nesl247
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    Alright. I've made some progress. This patch allows you to change between the original image style, and text percentage (with % shown now). It's only changeable via bar-assistant.jsjsjs ($look$ $for$ $batteryLevelImage$ $variable$).

To apply this patch, make sure you've undone any changes from the previous patch. As root, run the following commands:

Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    wget http://filebin.ca/prhvwq/pre_battery_percentage.diff
    patch -p0 -i  pre_battery_percentage.diff
    /sbin/initctl stop LunaSysMgr && /sbin/initctl start LunaSysMgr
    This will patch it successfully (I've tested it).
    When I tried to use the instructions I kept getting a patch not found error. I just downloaded the file from the site and made the changes manually. Thanks for this, makes seeing battery life much easier now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Umm look up a couple of post (dare I say, duh!)(thanks mamouton)

So my only grip would be (and this falls back on lack of knowledge of linux and it's files) would be it doesn't 'update' on the fly. Meaning, if the battery drops 1% it doesn't update until you either push the icon or let the Pre sleep. Can that be done?
    It updates dynamically you don't have to do anything to it. I have watched it charge and discharge with the new mod all night tonight.
    what site do i go to to accomplish this? or do i just use the codes listed above?
    When you click on this link http://filebin.ca/prhvwq/pre_battery_percentage.diff
    it will download the text file you need with the changes.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    It really isn't working with wget for you guys? I just tried it twice with no problems.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast