Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    neeevermind...just applied the patch and it didn't get rid of my other mods (which I thought it would...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    To me it's just a nice tweak... Meaning, I think I know when there is a USB cable plugged in, it is probably charging

But as I said, I like it!
    For a while there when it was plugged into the wall I didn't know whether it was charging or not because there is no longer a notification at the bottom. Being very experimental with the Pre I thought I screwed up something bad because when I would plug into a computer I would get a notice. So I really like this tweak a lot.
    Took me a while to figure out what I was doing wrong for this to not work, but then I noticed I forgot to put the "charging" part in the argument. When I did that the complete battery area was blank! Whoops! Good thing is I figured it out on my own without help.

Thanks for the instructions on this modification, worked like a charm, once I figured out my mistake.

Pre WiFi Tether Results
    worked great thanks any one have a easy carrier string change i just want to put my company name there ill give some one a donation to set it up in code for me to just copy and paste
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev1469 View Post
    worked great thanks any one have a easy carrier string change i just want to put my company name there ill give some one a donation to set it up in code for me to just copy and paste
    If you have already applied the patch for the percentage string, go here: Patch webOS Change Carrier String - WebOS Internals

Follow it and you will have what you want. This is a pretty easy style cut and paste BUT pay attention, it would almost be easier to just type it in. Any questions, feel free to ask.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I don't quite know what I'm doing wrong. I have attempted this several times and cannot get it. I guess I'm also getting the file not found even after running the patch to revert. Also, I'm not quite sure how to get the file open to edit. I read the instructions but still am not getting it. I have my pre rooted with many mods, but I REALLY WANT THIS ONE. Looks very usefull!! (yes, I'm new to all this, but you don't learn if you do not try, right!) Help, please
    Quote Originally Posted by dhcalva View Post
    OKay, had it kind of working. The color would change from blue to green and back okay, but it would say 'undefined' up in the corner anytime I put it on or took it off the charger until I tapped it to force it to update.
    I am having the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    The only thing I can think of is if you didn't copy the tweak correctly or something. Like missing a ; or ) or something. That would be my only guess. (without looking back at the hack)
    (and my wife's)
    It worked flawlessly before I tried to apply the changes as described in post #325. (To change the font color when charging) I just double checked the changes I made with post #325 and unfortunately I did not find anything that I missed. Hopefully someone else has experienced the issue and has been able to find a fix.
    Is it just me or when I applied this patch the battery burn twice as fast?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    HAHA Not here anyways but maybe it's because you are noticing it more, or checking it too often.
    (and my wife's)
    Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this with WebOS Quick Install? My Pre isn't rooted and I can't figure out which lines I'd have to manually change :\
    Hey... Since you are putting stuff up there, any chance you could add a few things more to the toolbar at the top?

An indicator, ala Palm OS, between the signal strength and clock, that shows at a glance when there are sms messages, voice messages, or emails waiting? Preferably a separate icon with EACH and a tiny number on each showing how many messages await. Also an icon showing when the phone is in silent or vibrate mode!

Does this sound like something you would be interested in writing for us?

Does this sound like something you guys (other than nesl247) would be interested?

Thanks

Knox
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Is it just me or when I applied this patch the battery burn twice as fast?
    I notice it a lot more now too. But that's probably because you can watch the percent numbers decrease so much easier than waiting for the icons to change.
  15. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post

You now have a choice of 3 display styles, as well as choosing to display in color or white. To change this, open

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Find (Line 1172-1173)
    Code:
    var batteryLevelImage = 2
    var batteryLevelColor = 1
    0 = factory default image
    1 = numerical percentage
    2 = image on left, percentage on right

You can change batteryLevelColor to 0 if you want the percentage to be white.

If there's any problems, please let me know. It should work just fine.
    I opened the file and lines 1172-1173 are as follows:

if (stageController) {
    stageController.delegateToSceneAssistant("updateBluetooth", "device",this.bluetoothState);

There's nothing that has to do with the battery in this section. In fact, I can't find var batteryLevelImage or batteryLevelColor anywhere in the code. Am I supposed to add it?
  16. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    nesl247 is the OP. When I tried to get the patch I kept getting an error. I downloaded the file from here http://filebin.ca/prhvwq/pre_battery_percentage.diff and vi'd in to make the changes. I am also posting a picture.

Thanks nesl247
    I'm still pretty new to all of this...what does vi mean? I downloaded the file, but I'm not sure what to do with it now. I was able to change the signal bars to a different color, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the battery to %. These instructions are all too confusing and absolutely nothing is working for me. Help!!!!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I'm still pretty new to all of this...what does vi mean?
    vi is the text editor in linux. Read up on it here:

Basic Linux Use - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I'm still pretty new to all of this...what does vi mean? I downloaded the file, but I'm not sure what to do with it now. I was able to change the signal bars to a different color, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the battery to %. These instructions are all too confusing and absolutely nothing is working for me. Help!!!!
    Also, the original tweak is a patch so all you would have to do is go to post #98 and do what is says at root@castle within Putty.

I am saying all this assuming you have learned how to root the pre. If I were you and had no knowledge about editing the file in vi, do the patch. That way I am pretty sure you won't screw anything up.

That is all coming from someone who had never rooted anything before in my life and now I am pretty confident about tweaking things. So just take a few hours someday and learn as much as you can from the wiki site and you will be very proud of yourself. It's fun!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I opened the file and lines 1172-1173 are as follows:

if (stageController) {
    stageController.delegateToSceneAssistant("updateBluetooth", "device",this.bluetoothState);

There's nothing that has to do with the battery in this section. In fact, I can't find var batteryLevelImage or batteryLevelColor anywhere in the code. Am I supposed to add it?
    Mine isn't exactly that number line either. Look around, do some searching and you will find it!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Hey... Since you are putting stuff up there, any chance you could add a few things more to the toolbar at the top?

An indicator, ala Palm OS, between the signal strength and clock, that shows at a glance when there are sms messages, voice messages, or emails waiting? Preferably a separate icon with EACH and a tiny number on each showing how many messages await. Also an icon showing when the phone is in silent or vibrate mode!

Does this sound like something you would be interested in writing for us?

Does this sound like something you guys (other than nesl247) would be interested?
    I guess I will ask since no one else has... Is the notification on the lower right of the screen not good enough?

I could see having those small icons having numbers corisponding to how many SMS's one would have or VM's. Otherwise I don't think I would use the tweak. So that isn't saying someone else wouldn't.

(PS sorry for the multipule posts... just thought I would answer each but forgot about M-Quote)
    (and my wife's)