Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    I honestly see NO lag on my Pre and I am looking for it

There might be, it must be in that file some where. I will look later but maybe some one else might know.

Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    this is the question i should have asked....thats what i was wondering also ( Webby_s )
    To change the battery colors you have find someone that has new battery colors and plug them in the images folder

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    thanks, i would like to see the number colors match the battery as well
    The number percentages do change colors.
    I am going to tweak the carrier string font color! Any progress on this for the percentage?
    Yea, I made it work. It's an easy mod. I don't know if the OP wants me to post up my hacked version of their code or just release it in their next update.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by optik678 View Post
    Yea, I made it work. It's an easy mod. I don't know if the OP wants me to post up my hacked version of their code or just release it in their next update.
    I take it you are talking about some sort of charge indication when the phone is charging and having only the % option.

This would be awesome and if you are willing to explain or post an easy explanation of the tweak I will edit the first post how too or the link to what post you have it at. As for what nesl247 or gordian want to do is up to them... It probably would be a nice addition!

I am willing to try it out also! So feel free to post.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    but i would like to see them match the gradient of the numbers. i want green from 70-100%, etc
    I take it you are talking about some sort of charge indication when the phone is charging and having only the % option.

This would be awesome and if you are willing to explain or post an easy explanation of the tweak I will edit the first post how too or the link to what post you have it at. As for what nesl247 or gordian want to do is up to them... It probably would be a nice addition!

I am willing to try it out also! So feel free to post.
    Yes, an indicator when only percentage is displayed. I chose to have it override the color changes and show up as electric blue.

Basically, all I had to do was add another variable to the getBatteryLevelPercent function:

Code:
    getBatteryLevelPercent: function(percent, color, image, charging) {
    and then I modified the if statement as follows, to allow the charging color to trump the regular colors :

Code:
    	if (color) {
    		// Green for 100%, yellow for 20%, red for 10%, norm for rest, blue for charging
    		if (charging == 1)
    			bColor = '#33CCFF';
    		else if (percent >= 70) 
    			bColor = '#33FF33';
    		else if(percent <= 69 && percent >= 45) 
    			bColor = '#FFFF33';
    		else if(percent <= 44 && percent >= 20)
    			bColor = '#FFCC00';
    		else if(percent <= 19)
    			bColor = '#FF0000';
    	else 
    		bColor = 'white';
    Then I changed the three function calls when charging to include the new input variable :

~Line 1486,1542, and 1579 (in my bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $anyways$) :
    Code:
    	$('power').innerHTML = this.getBatteryLevelPercent(payload.percent_ui, batteryLevelColor, true, 1);
    Net result : When the phone is plugged into a charger, the percent battery is displayed in electric blue instead of the Green-Yellow-Red color scheme.

Pictures (With and without charger plugged in)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Works flawlessly for me!

I am torn though, it's pretty in depth. I mean I am more then willing to root and tweak the file but some that may have been willing to add this patch may not be willing to tweak the file. So is it for the faint at heart, maybe, is it easy to do with a little knowledge of editing linux files YES!

Cool none th less!

PS I changed the color to my own liking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    so does this mean the time lag is gone or we just changing the color of the %...thanx
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Time lag for the Clock? Or time lag from the percentage to update? The percentage still lags and I don't know if anyone knows what could change that. But if you're talking about the time lag in the clock, I said a few posts back that I have had no lag what-so-ever on the clock being off.
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i see, ill have to re-enter the code again to test it out,but much thanx to all for the great effort...
    when i try and enter sudo su - in putty it gives me this message help

/opt/etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 41 <<<
    sudo: parse error in /opt/etc/sudoers near line 41
    sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Worked perfectly. Showed up on my Pre before I could look from the paste on the computer to the screen on the pre. Awsome.
    i tried to use this code and it did not work for me. is there another code i could use?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    You using Post #98? That is the code you must put in. What type of error are you getting?
    (and my wife's)
    What I am trying to find out, and this is kinda the wrong place but the discussion is along the same lines, I am trying to switch the color of the Contacts names and numbers in the contact List, the one that pulls up through the dialpad... I tried changing the list.css in the contacts app, but can't find the right line...anyone out there have any ideas???
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    does anyone know when each of the 11 battery images is called up? i am going to edit the originals to match my color scheme gradient
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me how to reverse this mod and go back to the stock setting?
    Works flawlessly for me!

I am torn though, it's pretty in depth. I mean I am more then willing to root and tweak the file but some that may have been willing to add this patch may not be willing to tweak the file. So is it for the faint at heart, maybe, is it easy to do with a little knowledge of editing linux files YES!

Cool none th less!

PS I changed the color to my own liking!
    When I made the changes to show a different percent color when charging it worked but I also notice I have to click the battery to see the change. Has anyone else experienced that.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Can someone tell me how to reverse this mod and go back to the stock setting?
    Go back to post #98 and ONLY do the first step, that will revert you back to the original files, then stop. Meaning don't do the wget or patch!! Why? (BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    When I made the changes to show a different percent color when charging it worked but I also notice I have to click the battery to see the change. Has anyone else experienced that.
    Yes, this I think reverts back to the issue of the % not updating contently, you know, the issue we all are having with it not updating EVERY SECOND we look at the % number.

I have had incidents where it will change immediately, then I have had cases where I have had to tap the % number.

So to me it is just another case of it not updating as we like!
    (and my wife's)
    Okay thanks just made me think I did something wrong. I love that now I know when it is charging though.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    To me it's just a nice tweak... Meaning, I think I know when there is a USB cable plugged in, it is probably charging

But as I said, I like it!
    (and my wife's)