Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    The option is there for white.

The new line # in 1.1 to change is 1417 to choose battery or % and 1421 to choose color or white.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    Is there anyway there could be a version number or something? B/c now I don't know if I have the most up-to-date version or not. Thanx
    I was just noticing in Post 98 that this has a -3 in the battery file:

If that is of any significance!
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    I did verify that the time lag is still occuring with the latest patch (pre_battery_meter-3.diff). Hopefully this is something that can be corrected in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I ran bootstrap, followed the instructions exactly, even copy and pasted so as not to have typos. Got to this point and error message as above.
    how are you copy and pasting in nova? I have search everywhere i thought. Typing each line leads to lotsa mistakes!! HELP!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    patch: **** strip count 0 is not a number?

I thought Maybe it should be a zero right? I tried that and got -p0 not found?

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    You are going to have to gain root access the same way you did originally, or through novacom (see Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals). Then edit /opt/etc/sudoers . You have a typo on or around line 35 causing the issue.
    My apologies if my follow up is annoying, but my linux is limited (only did a semester of programming in Java and visual basic). I'm not sure if I entered correctly the prompt you indicated, but figured I'd give it a shot exactly as you indicated. I started over the bootstrap installation, and the only thing different now in that process was the cmd prompt indicating I already had a username under 'test' - followed the youtube video.

This is the message I am reading now, and I'm not sure what the next step is. My phone was acting a little buggy today so I'm not sure if the syntax error could be causing some running slow down, but I just want to make sure my system is working properly:

login as: test
    test@192.168.0.102's password:
    test@castle:~$ sudo su -
    >>> /opt/etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 35 <<<
    sudo: parse error in /opt/etc/sudoers near line 35
    sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
    test@castle:~$ edit/opt/etc/sudoers
    -sh: edit/opt/etc/sudoers: not found
    test@castle:~$ cd /tmp
    test@castle:/tmp$ wget http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...trap/blobs/raw
    /master/optware-bootstrap.sh
    Connecting to gitorious.org (87.238.52.168:80)
    wget: can't open 'optware-bootstrap.sh': File exists
    test@castle:/tmp$ sh optware-bootstrap.sh

I assume I'm stuck as I just am not fluent in linux coding, but it appears my optware-bootstrap file has a problem? Thought on fixing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I know this is a total noob question but how do i open the /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $to$ $edit$ $and$ $make$ $my$ $selection$ $on$ $the$ $display$ $style$? $Thanks$ $in$ $Advance$!

Not really a noob question.

It seems there is no nano/vim on the pre, atleast at the moment.

Unless I'm really missing something.
    /opt/bin/ipkg-opt install nano

works, and installs nano for your pre. it's a command line editor, fairly straight foward.

answered my own question lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    /opt/bin/ipkg-opt install nano

works, and installs nano for your pre. it's a command line editor, fairly straight foward.

answered my own question lol.
    and then? Sorry i really am a noob.

Oh uh...
    you run it as a command.

I seem to be having a small issue however with getting it to write to files, so before I go telling other people to use it, let me make sure i'm not breaking anything :P
    This is great, saves some time.
    it seems 'vi' comes already installed (a more common, less normal editor). as such, may be a better suggestion. it's a little silly using it if you're not familiar, here's a small tutorial

howtoforge.com/faq/12_15_en.html

the real experts will come back and spank me i'm sure after this lol.
    i got it to work, but i jumped the gun a bit. It is tricky thanks for the help. I thought it would be easy to change the Carrier info...I tried to make it say Zombicell...instead i inserted a blank line and now it says nothing...lol...webos dr is gonna be my best friend for awhile!

lol yeah man totally.

i just came THIS close to visiting the dr with a bad /etc/networking/interfaces patch. luckily altho it wouldn't boot into gui i could still access it during the frozen boot process to make the change D:
    nesl247, thanks for this. This is one of the most useful hacks I've seen yet.

I think I might try and make it into an easy-to-use script. It is really nice to be able to see exactly how much battery is left without having to tap tap tap all the time.
    nesl247, Any luck findind the 10 min problem?

Doug
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Code worked great for me just a few clicks, thanks.
    I have been looking through this I cant seem to find the instructions, I would rather not use the patch, I prefer to edit it myself
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    2sslow: I haven't spent any time on this today, decided to just be lazy today.

Joesmith_fromchat: The patch is in post 98. If you want to edit it yourself, download the patch (find it in the commands) and manually do the changes yourself. There are no separate instructions step by step to do the changes outside of the patch.