Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    root@castle:/#

What do I input to get to the file in question?

Thanks. Sorry; new to Linux but so far everything else has been pretty clear to me.
    for the bar assistant

cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers
    cp bar-assistant.jsjsjs $bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    vi bar-assistant.jsjsjs

1. TO make changes hit the "I" key

2. make the revisions

3. then hit the "esc" key

4.then type ":wq"
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    for the bar assistant

cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers
    cp bar-assistant.jsjsjs $bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    vi bar-assistant.jsjsjs

1. TO make changes hit the "I" key

2. make the revisions

3. then hit the "esc" key

4.then type ":wq"
    Thanks very much. That's all I needed. Wonderful work, all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    THAT was the piece that nobody was telling me. I'm root on the pre and I've enabled the patch. I'm trying to figure out how, then, to open and edit the assistant.jsjsjs. $What$ $command$ $strings$ $I$ $type$ $to$ $do$ $so$.
    The patch is the easiest way. I have set mines up where I don't use putty anymore but to restart after making changes. I use WinSCP and login like a regular explorer program. Much easier. You can pull the file out make the changes and drop back in.
    I have found that the lines where "var batteryLevelImage = 2;" and "var batteryLevelColor = 1;" are at lines 1386 and 1390. Anyone find this true?
    mine is on 1175

Have you did any other mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    I have found that the lines where "var batteryLevelImage = 2;" and "var batteryLevelColor = 1;" are at lines 1386 and 1390. Anyone find this true?
    Hammer, it seems different text editors have line numbering issues. Just search for the strings instead to be 100% accurate.
    ok, I use vi (just to let anyone know who's looking for it). I do have other mods installed but none that I think would edit that file. Anyway, found it and it works beautifully. THANK YOU.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Ya mine are a little off also.... Remember to look and see.... These strings aren't that hard to find as it was a mod done by nesl247 and gordian.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    So what extactly do I need to copy and paste. I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by mleet1223 View Post
    So what extactly do I need to copy and paste. I'm confused.
    If you're talking about changing the icon/color option: You don't have to copy/paste anything. Just go to that line in the jsjsjs $file$ ($in$ $the$ $instructions$) $and$ $look$ $for$ $those$ $two$ $variables$ $that$ $are$ $already$ $there$ $and$ $modify$ $them$ $how$ $you$ $want$.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm just trying to get the percent in the tite bar. I hate having to touch the screen everytime i need to check the battery level. The defaut is horrible.
    Once you apply the patch in post 98 you will have the option to make the changes.
    does anyone else seem to have the battery lag horribly after making these changes?

maybe just something to do with my phone and calibration, but it seems like its always up to 20-30 minutes off and then it will refresh randomly so i never know how much i time i am behind or it just refreshed and is accurate

EDIT: i meant to say TIME lag. I was thinking of the battery when i wrote it though haha. Hopefully that makes more sense since i mention minutes.
    However, i seem to notice there is slight battery percentage lag also.
    Last edited by Jtemple33; 07/26/2009 at 12:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mleet1223 View Post
    I'm just trying to get the percent in the tite bar. I hate having to touch the screen everytime i need to check the battery level. The defaut is horrible.
    Yes as others have said go to post #98 to answer all your questions!! That will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    does anyone else seem to have the battery lag horribly after making these changes?

maybe just something to do with my phone and calibration, but it seems like its always up to 20-30 minutes off and then it will refresh randomly so i never know how much i time i am behind or it just refreshed and is accurate
    It is true I think in this latest upgrade that the lag time from it actually lowering to showing in the percentage icon that it has slowed. Weather that be something nesl247 or gordian can fix is beyond me... To me it has something to do with the two "jestures" talking to each other in the file themselves. But I am speculating!!!!!!!!
  15. skp
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    Post 98 has been updated with a newer revision of the patch. Please follow the instructions to reverse the patch, and then apply the new patch.

This version (thanks to gordian) shows the icon on the left instead of the right. It also fixes the missing charging icon.
    Is the following line supposed to make a backup of the file? This code is just copying to itself.

Code:
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    skp, updated the post. I thought I had fixed it before, must have forgotten to.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Sorry to bring this up again, but you seemed to make good progress on updating this patch to several new options.

I was wondering if you are still planning to upload this patch to the wiki and gitorious to use the quilt system?

Since I already have quilt installed, it would be nice to just add this patch to my list of patches and have quilt install it.

It would also simplify the steps for people to uninstall an older version, update and install a newer version whenever you make a change to fix a problem or add new features.

Thanks again... plee3
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I successfully got the percentage to show, but now I want to upgrade to the latest % AND battery icon. What do I need to do, uninstall the previous or just redo everything in post 98?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanx for the mod...but any fix for the percent delay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Yes as others have said go to post #98 to answer all your questions!! That will do it.

It is true I think in this latest upgrade that the lag time from it actually lowering to showing in the percentage icon that it has slowed. Weather that be something nesl247 or gordian can fix is beyond me... To me it has something to do with the two "jestures" talking to each other in the file themselves. But I am speculating!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, I meant to say there is a time lag on mine. I didn't notice any battery percentage at first, the time lag stood out instantly, but now that you mention it there does seem to be battery % lag also.