1.    #1  
    My 2 Treos let me do it, my Centro let me do it -- it was KILLING ME that my Pre wouldn't let me set the month view as the default in the Calendar. Well, thank heavens [no -- thank Palm!] for the hackability of the built-in Mojo apps! If you'd like your Calendar to start up in month view every time:

1. root your Pre

2. on the Pre, BACK UP the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs

3. now edit that same file, replacing every instance of the string "day" (including the quotes) with the string "month" (including the quotes) -- there are seven instances in my Pre's copy of this file

4. save file; restart LunaSysMgr (or reboot phone)

*So far* this hack has generated no bugs, but I can't say I've tested as extensively as one might like

If you want the weekly view to be the default, you can use the string "week" at step #3.
  2.    #2  
    This still works in webOS 1.1, although there are now 8 instances of the string to replace. Still have not noticed any side effects.
    What about all-DAY events? Wouldn't you be changing that into all-month events?
  4.    #4  
    No. Take a look at the specific code I'm tweaking; it has nothing to do with event creation; it only has to do with calling up the Day scene when various things happen. I just tweak that code to call the Month scene instead. I have no problem creating All Day Events.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewn View Post
    My 2 Treos let me do it, my Centro let me do it -- it was KILLING ME that my Pre wouldn't let me set the month view as the default in the Calendar. Well, thank heavens [no -- thank Palm!] for the hackability of the built-in Mojo apps! If you'd like your Calendar to start up in month view every time:

1. root your Pre

2. on the Pre, BACK UP the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs

3. now edit that same file, replacing every instance of the string "day" (including the quotes) with the string "month" (including the quotes) -- there are seven instances in my Pre's copy of this file

*So far* this hack has generated no bugs, but I can't say I've tested as extensively as one might like

If you want the weekly view to be the default, you can use the string "week" at step #3.
    Thanks! Worked like a charm... It's one of those things that isn't a big deal but nonetheless annoying..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    "SEARCH AND YOU WILL FIND!" Thanx dude! I will absolutely root and mod that (when I get the stones).

I'd like to see a "year" view that has every month a different color and upon launch centers on your current date/week, needless to say scrollable!

Thoughts?
  7. mph
    Thanks!!! The calendar app is great, but starting in the day view drove me nuts. I don't usually forget appointments, I do however tend to over schedule. The first thing I want to do is see when I have time available for the month.
    -- I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy --
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewn View Post

1. root your Pre

i dont know how i am suppose to do this.. the instructions arent clear enough for me.

do i put it in the sudo su or sudo i?

after that do i use cd/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs? $putting$ $it$ $with$ $and$ $without$ $the$ $cd$ $at$ $the$ $beginning$ $didnt$ $work$

please help. thank you
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    do: cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs

You have to have a space between cd and /
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    uugghhh...
    can some body help me ..please...!!!! i can't do it...=its says, denied
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    do: cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs

You have to have a space between cd and /
    first change to the directory:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/

then edit the:
    app-assistant.jsjsjs $file$.

or edit the file from wherever you are, just don't put in the cd / command:
    ex. vi /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    would love to see this added to WebOSQuickInstall
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    would love to see this added to WebOSQuickInstall
    Ditto
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    There is a patch on Preware for this, and I believe you can get this patch on WOSQI by going to one of the feeds buttons. It should be under the webos-internals feed.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ok need some help. I installed this patch and now i can't remove it, and the view doesn't work. Any ideas????