Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    - UPDATE 07-23-2009 - UPDATED AND CERTIFIED FOR Palm WebOS v1.1.0

THIS HOWTO IS CERTIFIED FOR WEBOS v1.1.0 - DO NOT USE THIS FOR OLDER VERSIONS OF WEBOS!

This HOWTO requires that you already have root access to your phone. If you need more information on how to do that search the forum.

UPDATED JULY 12th, 2009 - NOW INCLUDES BROKEN FORMATTING FIX FOR REPLY/FORWARD E-MAILS
    To update or Install just follow the same instructions, the script will restore from the original backup copies first, then make all modifications again.

Click Here to search for my HOWTO's and Answers for the Palm PRE!

NOTES:
    This was taken from the original post over at predev.wikidot.com/enable-landscape-viewing - I just put it into a simple script/command set that you can just copy and paste into your ssh / terminal window. Thanks to predev.wikidot.com for the information!

USAGE:
    Just open the messaging application and then rotate your Palm Pre! This is the same thing that is enabled when you type the cheat/hidden code "RocknRollHax" in the messaging application, however this enables the feature without having to do that everytime you open the messaging application.

I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

1. Login to your Palm PRE and obtain root access.. (Again look around the forums to see how to do this)

2. Once you are at the "root@castle" prompt COPY and PASTE all of the following code into your terminal / putty / ssh window.. (These commands will make backup copies of the original files, then modify them)

** This will reboot your PRE so be sure to close all of your applications beforehand. **
    Code:
    #
    # ENABLE EMAIL ROTATION - LANDSCAPE MODE
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $BACKUP$ $FILES$
    #
    $echo$ $BACKING$ $UP$ $ORIGINAL$ $FILES$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $list$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $list$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$this$.$controller$.$setupWidget$($Mojo$.$Menu$.$commandMenu$, $undefined$, $this$.$cmdMenuModel$);/$this$.$controller$.$setupWidget$($Mojo$.$Menu$.$commandMenu$, $undefined$, $this$.$cmdMenuModel$);\$n$\
            $this$.$controller$.$window$.$PalmSystem$.$setWindowOrientation$(\&$quot$;$free$\&$quot$;);/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$ComposeAssistant$.$onLoad$.$defer$($this$.$controller$, $this$.$email$);/$ComposeAssistant$.$onLoad$.$defer$($this$.$controller$, $this$.$email$);\$n$\
                    $this$.$controller$.$window$.$PalmSystem$.$setWindowOrientation$(\&$quot$;$free$\&$quot$;);/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $compose$-$assistant$.$js$ - $FIX$ $BROKEN$ $FORMATTING$ $IN$ $REPLY$-$FORWARD$ $EMAILS$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $compose$-$assistant$.$js$ - $FIX$ $BROKEN$ $FORMATTING$ $IN$ $REPLY$-$FORWARD$ $EMAILS$ - $PART$ $1$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$var$ $splitIndex$ = $originalText$.$indexOf$(\&$quot$;&$lt$;$body$\&$quot$;);/\/* -$START$- $REPLACE$ $BY$ $D2GLOBALINC$ $MODIFICATION$ $TO$ $FIX$ $REPLY$-$FORWARD$ $FORMATTING$\$n$\
            $var$ $splitIndex$ = $originalText$.$indexOf$(\&$quot$;&$lt$;$body$\&$quot$;);/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $compose$-$assistant$.$js$ - $FIX$ $BROKEN$ $FORMATTING$ $IN$ $REPLY$-$FORWARD$ $EMAILS$ - $PART$ $2$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/\/\/ $Truncate$ $to$ $100K$ $if$ $the$ $message$ $is$ $too$ $long$./*\/\$n$\
            \/\/ -$END$- $REPLACE$ $BY$ $D2GLOBALINC$ $MODIFICATION$ $TO$ $FIX$ $REPLY$-$FORWARD$ $FORMATTING$\$n$\
    \$n$\
            \/\/ $FIX$ $BROKEN$ $FORMATTING$ $IN$ $REPLAY$-$FORWARD$\$n$\
            $var$ $splitIndex$ = $originalText$.$indexOf$(\&$quot$;&$lt$;$body$\&$quot$;);\$n$\
            $if$ ($splitIndex$ &$gt$; $0$) {\$n$\
                    $splitIndex$ = $originalText$.$indexOf$(\'&$gt$;\', $splitIndex$);\$n$\
                    $if$ ($splitIndex$ &$gt$; $0$) {\$n$\
                            $splitIndex$++;\$n$\
                            $Mojo$.$Log$.$info$(\&$quot$;$Slicing$ $header$ $starting$ $at$\&$quot$;, $splitIndex$);\$n$\
                            $originalText$ = $originalText$.$slice$($splitIndex$);\$n$\
                    }\$n$\
            } $else$ {\$n$\
                    $originalText$ = $originalText$.$gsub$(\&$quot$;\\\$n$\&$quot$;,\&$quot$;&$lt$;$br$\/&$gt$;\&$quot$;);\$n$\
            }\$n$\
    \$n$\
            \/\/ $Truncate$ $to$ $100K$ $if$ $the$ $message$ $is$ $too$ $long$./$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $accounts$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $accounts$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$this$.$controller$.$listen$($this$.$controller$.$sceneElement$, $Mojo$.$Event$.$keypress$, $this$.$keypressHandler$.$bind$($this$));/$this$.$controller$.$listen$($this$.$controller$.$sceneElement$, $Mojo$.$Event$.$keypress$, $this$.$keypressHandler$.$bind$($this$));\$n$\
                    $this$.$controller$.$window$.$PalmSystem$.$setWindowOrientation$(\&$quot$;$free$\&$quot$;);/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $COMPLETE$ $UPDATE$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Good Luck! And Happy Hacking!!

- D2G

To restore original files use the following:
    Code:
    #
    # DISABLE EMAIL ROTATION - LANDSCAPE MODE
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $COMPLETE$ $UPDATE$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    Last edited by d2globalinc; 07/24/2009 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Included formatting fix for reply/forward e-mails
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks these are easy to implement. Was trying to do the patches, but I must be missing something.
    Copy/pasted the whole thing, worked fine. Good job sir!
    Worked awesome! Thanks!
    Thanks, I didn't care enough to do this until you made it so easy, works great!
    wow...i saw this and was a little suspicious...could it really be this easy? and yes...yes it is.
    I have to agree, I was scared to root the pre and do this, but it is very easy... THANK YOU VERY MUCH....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Thanks! After rooting, I was lost as to how to apply patches!! Your instructions are super easy. I am bookmarking all your HOW TO's. Again, thanks much!!
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    This is very nice! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    can you please do the same copy n paste trick for the "enable downloading from web browser"? I really want to enable this. thanx alot
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
    can you please do the same copy n paste trick for the "enable downloading from web browser"? I really want to enable this. thanx alot
    lol. i wish they were all these simple. i asked if he could do the same with the call duration hack. im trying to get call duration and sms time/date stamps but its not as simple as these.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    w00t! worked! My first Pre rooting change!
    Thanks man super easy!!!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    d2globalinc - you are my new PRE hero!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsackr View Post
    d2globalinc - you are my new PRE hero!!!
    Pre-ro?

O_o
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks, worked great.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    thank you very much. worked perfect.
  18. zxi
    Thanks, worked perfectly!
  19. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Can't you just type RocknRollHax if you don't feel like rooting?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Can't you just type RocknRollHax if you don't feel like rooting?
    yes you can but you would have to do it everytime you reopen the email app.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast