Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    When I get to the prompt to enter the following text, the command prompt wil not paste. It works great uo to this point.

sed -i "s/\/\/ Truncate to 100K if the message is too long./*\/\n\
    \/\/ -END- REPLACE BY D2GLOBALINC MODIFICATION TO FIX REPLY-FORWARD FORMATTING\n\
    \n\
    \/\/ FIX BROKEN FORMATTING IN REPLAY-FORWARD\n\
    var splitIndex = originalText.indexOf(\"<body\");\n\
    if (splitIndex > 0) {\n\
    splitIndex = originalText.indexOf(\'>\', splitIndex);\n\
    if (splitIndex > 0) {\n\
    splitIndex++;\n\
    Mojo.Log.info(\"Slicing header starting at\", splitIndex);\n\
    originalText = originalText.slice(splitIndex);\n\
    }\n\
    } else {\n\
    originalText = originalText.gsub(\"\\\n\",\"<br\/>\");\n\
    }\n\
    \n\
    \/\/ Truncate to 100K if the message is too long./g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
  2.    #42  
    So is this or is this not working 100% for people with v1.1.0? Mine is working, however I want to make sure something didn't mess up when I pasted the code into this post.. Please sound off if you have this working with v1.1.0 from this howto? (not if you did this from the all-in-one app) :P

Thanks!

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
    Customized IT Solutions and Managed Technology Services - D2 Global Inc.
    When I get to the root castle and I copy then click paste and try to paste it to the root castle nothing freakin happens!!!! I don't understand why this is. I did the copy and paste to change my dialer and now it can't do squat! If anyone can help that would be awesome!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    this is working fine for me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    this is working fine for me
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Yea, this is happening to me as well. It seems that the script is too large to paste all at one time, does that make sense??

I'm able to copy and paste smaller scripts with no problem but when I try to copy and paste this entire script nothing will paste... I don't want to start pasting half the script at a time, not sure that it will work that way.

Any Ideas??????? yes confused.....

Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    When I root I get to the root@castle:/#

Is this where I need to be to start pasteing and what exactly do I paste. I tried the cut and pasteing the entire thing at once, that didn't work. I'm guessing there are parts of this that need to be pasted and I am pasteing the wrong parts. Would love to get this working.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    QUOTE=merrix;1797865]Yea, this is happening to me as well. It seems that the script is too large to paste all at one time, does that make sense??

I'm able to copy and paste smaller scripts with no problem but when I try to copy and paste this entire script nothing will paste... I don't want to start pasting half the script at a time, not sure that it will work that way.

Any Ideas??????? yes confused.....[/QUOTE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, the above was with the cmd line, if I use putty it will let me paste.
    Now when I paste I get the follow code, and no still not working.

Thanks for any help you can give me....
    Last edited by merrix; 08/20/2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Jesus christ that was alot of text
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    wow i did it ...... it took a few attempts but thats cuz im new at this but i did it ....... your the greatest
    So you can do the landscape to test with the rocknrollhax? is it capitalized just as written? and when do you enter it when you first access the email program?
    Ok,

So I have been finding all sorts of instructions on rooting the Pre. Some are just do the "upupdowndown etc." entry and get into developer mode. While others there's even more instructions leading to the linux pengiun holding the Pre.
    then I noticed an instruction on yours that says /putty/sph or something like that, when and where do I enter this? I have eclipse, the emulator and virtual box running, so what do I use? LOL.

I know everyone is saying this is simple, but I just need a little heads up. does this type of code require further entry into the Pre? I dont need this kind of entry ALL the time for homebrew right? I can just enter the code into the eclipse program? Why all of these other programs, webos link, python, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    So is this or is this not working 100% for people with v1.1.0? Mine is working, however I want to make sure something didn't mess up when I pasted the code into this post.. Please sound off if you have this working with v1.1.0 from this howto? (not if you did this from the all-in-one app) :P

Thanks!

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
    Customized IT Solutions and Managed Technology Services - D2 Global Inc.
    Thank you very much for streamlining the hacks with your HOWTOs in not only this but all other HOWTOs. One comment with this hack: I haven't implemented it from this howto because I believe in 1.1.0 palm already fixed the broken formatting when using reply, so it isn't necessary to fix this again for the updated e-mail rotation hack.

Thanks again.
    It said need to be root:
    It never reset either .
    It didnt work either darn it.
    Perhaps need to be in further root:
    sudo su -? perhaps?
    Any chance of gettin this packaged as an .ipk? I don't have my usb cable with me atm.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    d2g:

Just curious as why you haven't put your Linux edits in the wiki quilt program?

As far as I can tell there rotate email tweak doesn't work and yours does, plus the fact you have a few they are missing. It would just be really nice to have one command to run before updates. (I had to setup a favorite place bookmark folder to undo all my tweaks before updates)

Anyhow I appreciate your work, and honestly It appears you have the knowledge to run the wiki quilt program (single handed) rather than the group that it is doing it now.
  17. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    After I paste the following into command line, it locks it up...am I missing something?

echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO compose-assistant.jsjsjs - $FIX$ $BROKEN$ $FORMATTING$ $IN$ $REPLY$-$FORWARD$ $EMAILS$ - $PART$ $1$
    sed -i "s/var splitIndex = originalText.indexOf(\"<body\");/\/* -START- REPLACE BY D2GLOBALINC MODIFICATION TO FIX REPLY-FORWARD FORMATTING\n\
    var splitIndex = originalText.indexOf(\"<body\");/g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem as merrix and others above. I followed the recommendations of WebOS-Internals and installed sudo and created a non-root user. My Pre now asks for a user to be root for some commands. I'm thinking I might just need to modify your script by adding sudo to the appropriate spots. Is this correct?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I took the easy way out.

modified /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.jsjsjs

changed lines 107 & 108 from:

if (this.orientationString.length === 12) {
    if (this.orientationString === "RocknRollHax") {

To:

if (this.orientationString.length === 1) {
    if (this.orientationString === "@") {

So I just open up email, hit the @ key and that's it.

Not permanent, but good enough for me until Palm decides to enable landscape by default.

Tried using length = 0 and string = "" but that didn't seem to work. Was hoping there was a simpler way to have it on by default.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is the right way to do it in Putty or not, but I just put sudo in front of every line of the script and it finally worked. If there is a better way to write in putty please let me know. This was a tedious process but it gets around the permission issue. It asks for the password once and then you're off to the races.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast