Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 110
  1. Webby_s's Avatar
    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    Beestinga before you decide to dictate who has the experience or not maybe u should check the forums and NEVER let ur FIRST post be a DUMB one! i have changed everything thats changeable to date with this phone. forums are to ask questions on things u dont understand. im not the first person who has had to wedos doctor their phone and i wont be the last. so before you come to these forums tryin to say who can do what, just worry about YOURSELF and let me continue doin me!
    Go get-em!

    But I agree!
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
  2. #62  
    alright Swagg.
    Just trying to save you time, trouble, and possibly bucks.
    I, personally, am not the type to create a giant time drain on other people, asking them to hold my hand to essentially do for me what I can't do for myself.

    I understand that the forums are a place for new people to learn more, but my original assertion was simply that if you don't know how to use the cp command, then you may need to spend some time learning the basics.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    i read post 34...is that still using the " comment out " procedure or just editing the original file?
    You can leave original code by commenting out. In that case, your next line will be shifted by 1 line obviously.

    I personally edit the original code. Since I have a back up file, I feel no need to leave the original code..

    I suggest you back up a file and move to easy location such as media/internal and use vi and try different commands and get really used to using vi and editing and such... You won't have to worry about messing up because it will be your 'practice' file..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  4. #64  
    has anyone had any success tweaking that systemui.css past changing color? maybe making the text larger?
  5. #65  
    color=yes, bigger font=never tried....

    [IMG]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/****_E08/Unknown_2009-27-07_202709.png[/IMG]


    EDIT:: Beestinga...THIS IS FOR YOU! and if they not complaining about " holding my hand " and im not askin you to then please dont speak up on me again, because as you can see...with help i can do ANYTHING i put my mind to...just like all the other precentral members, and im leavin it at that!
    Last edited by MaSwaggSoSiQ; 07/28/2009 at 12:30 AM.
  6. #66  
    and if u use all CAPS it really stands out also....
  7. #67  
    Airlpane mode switch fixed! but after roam only hack it changes back to Sprint! Just Reboot alls well!


    Doug
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Airlpane mode switch fixed! but after roam only hack it changes back to Sprint! Just Reboot alls well!


    Doug
    Roam only hack must use the same file as this hack... Just like battery meter hack will replace same file... I had roam only hack before this one so I never noticed. Just do the hack again...

    This brings up interesting point regarding OS update. After an update, you may wanna prioritize which hacks you want and do them in order so one doesn't replace the other... Using patches (ones that replace the whole file) with auto script should be done first on a single file. Then other hacks must be done manually with vi. Using another patch may replace the whole file and the prior patch will be overwritten...

    I wish Palm would hurry up and incorporate basic functionality related hacks into Pre so we don't have to worry about doing them over and over after each OS update...
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    and if u use all CAPS it really stands out also....
    Did you get it all sorted out? Did the bak file I posted work? Now I think about it, that file may already had Roam Only hack (or not) I can't remember if I made back up before or after Roam only hack..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  10. #70  
    yea i got it all sorted out...thanks....i posted a Screenshot a couple post up.
  11. jaihawk's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #71  
    I just followed the steps in #34 and I now have the white bar at the top of my screen as well. When I tried to follow the steps in #59 to restore my original file that I backed up, it says that there is no such file or directory.

    Here is the command I used to back up the file initially:

    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$

    Any idea what I'm doing wrong to try and restore this? Also, any idea what I may have done wrong causing me to get the white bar?

    Edit: I got the file to back up so I now have the original settings. Any ideas as to what I may have done wrong initially to get the white bar?
    Last edited by jaihawk; 07/28/2009 at 12:47 PM.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaihawk View Post
    I just followed the steps in #34 and I now have the white bar at the top of my screen as well. When I tried to follow the steps in #59 to restore my original file that I backed up, it says that there is no such file or directory.

    Here is the command I used to back up the file initially:

    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$

    Any idea what I'm doing wrong to try and restore this? Also, any idea what I may have done wrong causing me to get the white bar?

    Edit: I got the file to back up so I now have the original settings. Any ideas as to what I may have done wrong initially to get the white bar?
    The restore procedure in #59 was for MaSwaggSoSiQ... If you didn't have bak file in media/internal, it wouldn't work of course...

    Looks like you have a good bak file. Just give it another try.

    edit line 429 444 467 and 800
    from
    $('carrier').innerHTML = this.carrierText;
    to
    $('carrier').innerHTML = $L("your text");

    and 214 239
    from
    $('appname').innerHTML = this.carrierText;
    to
    $('appname').innerHTML = $L("your text");

    Make sure each line is correct one by making sure that it has the this.carrierText; string. Make sure you copy the whole thing including ;
    Make sure to remount as read only and restart luna or reboot the phone.. restarting luna is quicker and you can see if the procedure worked or not. to restart luna, use following codes.

    initctl stop LunaSysMgr

    and

    initctl start LunaSysMgr

    Good luck..
    Last edited by halmo20; 07/28/2009 at 01:13 PM.
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  13. jaihawk's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #73  
    I got that to work perfectly. Thank you very much for your help. Now I'm trying to change the color, editing line #93, but no matter what I put in there, it gives me white every time.

    I tried using 4169E1 as one of the blue values. Does that sound correct? Is there another line that needs to be edited?
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaihawk View Post
    I got that to work perfectly. Thank you very much for your help. Now I'm trying to change the color, editing line #93, but no matter what I put in there, it gives me white every time.

    I tried using 4169E1 as one of the blue values. Does that sound correct? Is there another line that needs to be edited?
    You are changing systemui.css file and not the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $right$?
    Changing color should be straight forward. Make sure you use # and ; before and after the color code. Also restart luna.. Try simple code like 00ff00 which is lime color. Let me know how it goes..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  15. jaihawk's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #75  
    I was following the directions on wiki. Yes, I was changing the systemui.css file. After a couple of attempts at trying to get blue to work, I used the code for red that was in the example on the wiki. That worked. I'm not all that familiar with the color codes, so perhaps I was using something that was wrong. I can live with red.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaihawk View Post
    I was following the directions on wiki. Yes, I was changing the systemui.css file. After a couple of attempts at trying to get blue to work, I used the code for red that was in the example on the wiki. That worked. I'm not all that familiar with the color codes, so perhaps I was using something that was wrong. I can live with red.
    glad it worked.. It maybe that Carrier text only support prime web colors and not other shade of one of 16million colors... I use lime color and it looks good...
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  17. #77  
    you guys mention edit line 800. when rooted how do u let it know ur on line 800?
    Sorry newb to rooting / linux
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by wootang00 View Post
    you guys mention edit line 800. when rooted how do u let it know ur on line 800?
    Sorry newb to rooting / linux
    When you use vi editor to edit the file, very bottom line will show which line you are on. You definitely wanna get used to vi commands if you are new at this.. Very easy to mess things up... Always make a back up of what ever you are editing.
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  19. jaihawk's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #79  
    You can also, within vi, hit the esc key to go into edit mode and then type :800 which will take you directly to line 800 instead of having to scroll through everything.

    Halmo20, did you see my response about the color? Am I completely off in what I'm trying to use for codes? They show red as being E01000, whereas I don't see that as a code in hex or html.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaihawk View Post
    You can also, within vi, hit the esc key to go into edit mode and then type :800 which will take you directly to line 800 instead of having to scroll through everything.

    Halmo20, did you see my response about the color? Am I completely off in what I'm trying to use for codes? They show red as being E01000, whereas I don't see that as a code in hex or html.
    You got red to work right?? There are literally millions of hex codes you can use in HTML color sets... Now, whether Pre can support all that or not is another issue. Like I said, I've only tried lime 00FF00 so far...

    In fact, pre may only support certain shades of colors.... What color you want to use??? I'll try on my Pre and let you know which code works.. If not I may be able to get close to the shade you want...
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions