Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    is there supposed to be a ; at the end of that line because all of mines have that...could that be the problem? and would u mind posting the back up from the web os doctor. and how do i overwrite the whole file to the original back up one?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Sorry yes there is suppose to be a ; at the end of the line. And I am at work so I don't have access to the doctor plus I haven't DL'd it since 1.1.0 (if you are on that for that matter). And to make a long story longer, I was told this from someone else and they helped me out when I messed up the clock app as my first tweak.

If I were you, until someone comes around and may help you with the file and tells you how to copy/paste it to the right directory, I would try and go back into the file and get things back to the way they were since you know what lines are messed up. And as long as you don't tweak anything else, you probably can't make it worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    is there supposed to be a ; at the end of that line because all of mines have that...could that be the problem? and would u mind posting the back up from the web os doctor. and how do i overwrite the whole file to the original back up one?
    I'm attaching my bak file.. I backed it up before I made changes, so it should be the original 1.1 file... Although proceed at your own risk.. Copy this file over your file (rename it by dropping bak extension.)

Just change lines 429, 444, 467, 214, 239 "and line 800" as jeeter's post directs.. It was pretty simple and you should be fine...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    so what code do i put in putty exactly to copy that file over mines in putty?
    Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    how do i overwrite the the file i messed up with the one u provided?
    how do i overwrite the the file i messed up with the one u provided?

move the file to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/
    then

Make it read-write,
    then

cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$bak$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$

Make it read only, then restart luna or reboot.
    I just applied Battery Percentage Display Patch (post# 98) and found out that the carrier text change is gone. This is because the battery hack replaced bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $The$ $new$ $file$ $has$ $been$ $modified$ $and$ $if$ $anyone$ $wants$ $to$ $apply$ $Carrier$ $text$ $hack$ $AFTER$ $applying$ $battery$ $meter$ $hack$, $the$ $new$ $lines$ $you$ $must$ $change$ $are$ $195$, $220$, $405$, $419$, $440$ $and$ $698$.

And to change color of the text, you must now change line 93 in systemui.css
    file.

Hope this helps anyone..

Edit::: I just found out that battery meter hack as is now affects time keeping of your phone. Phone time will not be accurate due to update/refresh problem in bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $I$ $believe$. $I$ $have$ $undone$ $the$ $battery$ $meter$ $hack$ $and$ $strongly$ $caution$ $anyone$ $interested$. $You$ $can$ $still$ $edit$ $carrier$ $text$ $just$ $do$ $not$ $use$ $above$ $lines$ $I$ $mentioned$. $Use$ $lines$ $in$ $jeeter$'$s$ $post$ $plus$ $line$ $800$.
    Last edited by halmo20; 07/27/2009 at 01:44 AM.
    thank u...thats EXACTLY why it messed my phone up... i applied the battery hack and ended up changing the wrong lines without knowing....so does ur battery and carrier hack both work?
    thank u...thats EXACTLY why it messed my phone up... i applied the battery hack and ended up changing the wrong lines without knowing....so does ur battery and carrier hack both work?
    Yup, both hacks working

do u know the color code for orange text and what is the code for that green text?
    how do i edit the systemui.css file? i tried vi but it didnt work.
    how do i edit the systemui.css file? i tried vi but it didnt work.
    same way as you would any other file. mount as rw and then vi systemui.css.

Please note that I have undone the battery meter hack because it affect time on the phone.
    i removed the battery patch because of lag issues and my carrier string went back to sprint. how do i change it back ( the lines posted above aren't accurate for me ) and i don't wanna have to do another webos doctor. can u provide the specific code areas like whats right above each line or something please....
    after the new battery patch the files seemed to have moved again... any idea what the exact lines are now?
    after the new battery patch the files seemed to have moved again... any idea what the exact lines are now?
    Just restore the file with the back up one and the lines should be same as before.
    Swagg,
    I'm not sure this kinda thing is for you.
    Just keep the Sprint carrier tag.
    You clearly don't have the experience to be doing these sorts of mods safely.
    Beestinga before you decide to dictate who has the experience or not maybe u should check the forums and NEVER let ur FIRST post be a DUMB one! i have changed everything thats changeable to date with this phone. forums are to ask questions on things u dont understand. im not the first person who has had to wedos doctor their phone and i wont be the last. so before you come to these forums tryin to say who can do what, just worry about YOURSELF and let me continue doin me!
    i made the changes on the specific lines and now i have a white solid bar at the top of my screen....any help? PLEASE!!
    Hey, Do this.
    1) sudo mount -o remount,rw /

2) cp /media/internal/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$bak$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$

and

3) cp /media/internal/systemui.css /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css

Note: Above code assumes your back up files has .bak extension and are in media/internal which is the root folder when you are in USB mode.

then,

4) initctl stop LunaSysMgr

5) initctl start LunaSysMgr

6) sudo mount -o remount,ro /

You should now have normal 'Sprint' logo now..

If you want to change the text again,

1) sudo mount -o remount,rw /

2) cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/

2) vi bar-assistant.jsjsjs

3) Edit lines 214, 239, 429, 444, 467 and 800. Look post #34 and do exactly what it says! (look here if you need help with vi commands)

If you wanna change color

4) cd /vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/

5) vi systemui.css

6) Edit line 93 to change color. Look here for colors.

7) exit vi and
    sudo mount -o remount,ro /

8) re start luna or reboot

Edit: Or did you just re do battery meter thing with the latest patch that fix the time issue?? If so, I'm not sure what the new lines are because I have not re-done the battery hack and I'm not sure if I'll do it again. You can figure out what new lines are however by doing this.

1) Open up your back up files, the original file without battery hack. Go to each lines needed to be changed and look around for a specific strings that are distinctive. Write them down.

2) Go to your regular file (that is one that has battery hack) and search for the string you noted in back up file. You can use /"string" command in vi to search. Your new line should be somewhere where the line was in the back up file..

3) Repeat it for all the other lines (or you can just write down notable strings for all 6 lines and do it at once.)

That's how I found new lines after the original battery hack.
    Last edited by halmo20; 07/27/2009 at 01:07 PM.
    i read post 34...is that still using the " comment out " procedure or just editing the original file?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast