Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Your already in root so you can't sudo any more

I have been trying to change this file (since 1.1.0) in vi and can't for the life of me figure out which line to change.... I have changed about 5 different lines with
    Code:
    $('carrier').innerHTML = this.carrierText
    with
    Code:
    //$('carrier').innerHTML = this.carrierText	
    $('carrier').innerHTML = $L("Verizon");
    and then reboot and still get sprint in the top left... any thoughts on what other lines I should try?
    Last edited by Webby_s; 07/24/2009 at 03:25 PM.
    did u run a backup??
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    did u run a backup??
    Me? Yes I have a backup Why? I have not restored it because the changes have not bricked anything.
    well the carrier text wont affect anything at least i dont think..but i doubt it do anything wrong
    You can edit the Carrier text using TilIpcTest, PmModemFactory (forgot the NV Item) or any NV Item writer (QXDM, CDMA Workshop). Possible effect on EVDO, but probably not.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    well the carrier text wont affect anything at least i dont think..but i doubt it do anything wrong
    I am confused.....Is it something within the new 1.1.0 that won't let me now change the carrier text but I can do all the other mods? Like I said I have done multiple line changes but still come up empty handed and but nothing has been fudged up. I will just stick it out till someone finds a solution. I have tried all that I can think of, and that isn't a lot.
    maybe u have something missing perhaps??
    like a string is probly missing but i wouldnt know
    i have not yet checked
    I too have looked all over the file, and came up empty handed...I will share if I find anything out...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I was able to change my carrier string today after the 1.1 update. I just went back into the file (/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs) $and$ $made$ $the$ $usual$ $changes$ $to$ $the$ $lines$ $listed$ $below$. $Please$ $note$ $that$ $I$ $changed$ $both$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$ $on$ $the$ $home$ $screen$ $and$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$ $in$ $the$ $Phone$ $app$.

Home Screen:
    Line 429
    Line 444
    Line 467

Phone App:
    Line 214
    Line 239

The line numbers may be off slightly because I commented the original lines and retyped the code on a new line. I tried to account for this though. Hope this helps.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Did you account for after putting the phone into airplane mode?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Did you account for after putting the phone into airplane mode?
    Just tested it and it keeps my carrier string after I come out of AirPlane Mode
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter View Post
    I was able to change my carrier string today after the 1.1 update. I just went back into the file (/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs) $and$ $made$ $the$ $usual$ $changes$ $to$ $the$ $lines$ $listed$ $below$. $Please$ $note$ $that$ $I$ $changed$ $both$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$ $on$ $the$ $home$ $screen$ $and$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$ $in$ $the$ $Phone$ $app$.

Home Screen:
    Line 429
    Line 444
    Line 467

Phone App:
    Line 214
    Line 239

The line numbers may be off slightly because I commented the original lines and retyped the code on a new line. I tried to account for this though. Hope this helps.
    And just to varify these lines are all within /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $right$?
    So while in the phone app it states what you put in there and not the "Sprint" in the tab..... Cool!
    Thanks! cool!

Home Screen:
    Line 429
    Line 444
    Line 467

Phone App:
    Line 214
    Line 239

Could you post the what the code looks like beginning a couple of lines before the change, and then where you edited. I edited mine and it was custom for a second then it reverted back to sprint.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    Could you post the what the code looks like beginning a couple of lines before the change, and then where you edited. I edited mine and it was custom for a second then it reverted back to sprint.
    Hey Joe, sure thing. Here are the original lines & what I changed them to:

Home Screen:
    Line 429, 444, 467 & 800

Original:
    $('carrier').innerHTML = this.carrierText;
    Changed to:
    $('carrier').innerHTML = $L("G's Phone");

Phone App:
    Line 214 & 239

Original:
    $('appname').innerHTML = this.carrierText;
    Changed to:
    $('appname').innerHTML = $L("G's Phone");

Hope this helps
    Last edited by jeeter; 07/27/2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Hmm, Jeeter,,, I just changed the code in all 5 places you pointed. Mine reverted back to Sprint when I came out of developer mode... Any thought?? Thanks
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Hey Joe, sure thing. Here are the original lines & what I changed them to:

Home Screen:
    Line 429, 444 & 467

Original:
    Changed to:
    $('carrier').innerHTML = $L("G's Phone");

Phone App:
    Line 214 & 239

Original:
    $('appname').innerHTML = this.carrierText;
    Changed to:
    $('appname').innerHTML = $L("G's Phone");

Hope this helps
    I've made these changes, but when I change to Airplane Mode, the "Sprint" returns. Could you confirm that these are the only changes you've made, and that it works for you?
    =====
    My testing showed that changing to Airplane Mode then back returned the "Sprint" name. However, changing line 800 to
    $('carrier').innerHTML = $L("<YourString>");
    fixed it
    Last edited by hparsons; 07/25/2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Updated Info
    Thanks Hparsons, i'll try 800 when I get home... Just noted something. After coming out of airplane mode, it changed back to Sprint. Rebooted Pre and shwed my string. Then I left home and about 15 mins later when I looked at the phone, it changed back to sprint!! Maybe something to do with losing wifi or sleep toggle.. I'll keep an eye on it..
    Just changed line 800 and airplane mode didn't change it... Cool!
    i made the changes on the specific lines and now i have a white solid bar at the top of my screen....any help? PLEASE!!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Sometimes the lines aren't exactly what someone else has, (I have noticed) some of the lines may be down a little more then someone else's. I have noticed, that when I am in vi and have the line counter that it is a few lines down from what others have. So I changed the ones with
    Code:
    If you change something else to that line... Then yes it will mess up.

I would suggest to go back in and change it back to whatever it was. And if you don't know and didn't back the file up, I would suggest getting the backup from the webos doctor and copy/paste it back in and start over.
    Last edited by Webby_s; 07/26/2009 at 02:29 AM.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast