Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Needed to try something to start playing with the Pre, so I decided to add a button to selectively turn on and off the shutter sound in the camera app.

You can find all of the information necessary to perform this mode at the pre dev wiki (can't post links yet): predev.wikidot.com/camera-modifications-additions

Let me know if there are any issues with it. Thanks!

**dBsooner Edit: I have ported this to 1.3.1 and 1.3.5 myself. It is available in Preware. **
    Last edited by dBsooner; 01/07/2010 at 02:02 AM.
    Or flip the ringer switch off
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by genEric122 View Post
    Or flip the ringer switch off
    Yep...I'm aware of that. Just created this to learn more about the Pre. Throwing it out there in case anyone wants it.
    i tried it followed it and got blanks the space is there, but my flash img is now gone im a little confused by this

--- /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/app/controllers/capture-assistant.jsjsjs $Tue$ $Jun$ $16$ $20$:$52$:$18$ $2009$
    +++ /Camera - Shutter Sound/capture-assistant.jsjsjs Sat Jun 27 15:23:23 2009
    am i adding something somewhere?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    i tried it followed it and got blanks the space is there, but my flash img is now gone im a little confused by this

--- /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/app/controllers/capture-assistant.jsjsjs $Tue$ $Jun$ $16$ $20$:$52$:$18$ $2009$
    +++ /Camera - Shutter Sound/capture-assistant.jsjsjs Sat Jun 27 15:23:23 2009
    am i adding something somewhere?
    This tweak requires you to add some code/html/css to 3 files (the changes are shown in the diff listing on the wiki):
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/app/controllers/capture-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/app/views/capture/capture-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/stylesheets/camera.css

and also put a new image in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/images (there is a link to the new image on the wiki).

What exactly did you do when you tried to implement this?
    exactly what it said to do in the wiki site, i added the codes to where it said and deleted the line in the css and added the other, and added the image that was linked to the proper place, maybe it's because im working with a 1.0.4 pre? at first my camera didnt come up just an empty screen, then i did some clean up on the codes i had coppy n pasted so i left all the + and - then it came up but i just had my roll button and capture button, i had lost my flash and the shutter sound one didnt come up, i'll try again, but this time i wont copy and paste maybe thats what did it?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Yeah...I would try it without copy/paste. My Pre was 1.0.2 (maybe 1.0.3...can't remember) when I did the tweak, although no update has changed anything related to it, so none of those files were changed in an update. Should be the same in all releases. You mentioned deleting something in the .css file...there shouldn't be anything to delete in there. In fact, there are no deletions anywhere (the diff file shows one in the .html file, but its just a whitespace change because I uncommented and used the "sagar console" when I was debugging).
    @@ -23,7 +25,7 @@

</div>
    </div>
    (thought this was a delition, lemme add it back on n see what happens)- <!-- <div id="sagar_console" style="z-index: 100; position: fixed; top: 10px; left: 10px; width: 90px; height: 20px; background-color: #000000; color: #8080ff; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px; display: none;" >Hello!</div> -->
    + <!--<div id="sagar_console" style="z-index: 100; position: fixed; top: 10px; left: 10px; width: 90px; height: 20px; background-color: #000000; color: #8080ff; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px; display: none;" >Hello!</div> -->
    <div id="gpsMeter" style="z-index: 100; position: fixed; top: 10px; right: 10px; width: 90px; height: 20px; background-color: #a0a0a0; display: none" ></div> -->
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Yep...that's the one I was mentioning in the .html file. Its just a white space change...just ignore it.
    nope, i followed everything how it said and still got no success
    this is frustrating cuz im lookin at the wiki site and my changes and they are the same
    if anyone has gotten this to work on a 1.0.4 pre lemme know, i have the 3 files copied to my hard drive if anyone wants to see them n show me where i went wrong let me know, i wanna b able to use this mod
    I am have a issue even getting this loaded. I know its my fault. Anyways cannot not find were to put the pick. Not sure what coding to change. I guess I just am a retard. I worked with this forever. Can you dumb it down for me a little? I have already rooted a file.
    i was having problems to until i took the files that needed to be modded den copied them over to /media/internal/downloads/ and then opened up usb and opened them up in Wordpad then took the mods found in Patch Camera Shutter Sound On-Off Button - WebOS Internals and then take the lines modyfies copy and paste them into the file u opened up in wordpad, make sure u copy and paste exactly or else as i've found out it wont work

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    FINALLY I can point my camera up skirts without anyone knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sCartoon View Post
    FINALLY I can point my camera up skirts without anyone knowing.
    lmao well u can always do that by turning the sound off and turning the flash off, but this is 2 make it easier and quicker, now if a stealth mode button could be implemented to turn both off at the same time that would be a kick

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    What files need to be modded or which ones do you change? How do you get to the folder to put the photo in? I am computer smart but a retard when it comes to Linux. Can someone please give me step by step? email me brandon _ taylor23 @ yahoo.com take out the spaces
    Last edited by byebyev8; 08/04/2009 at 04:22 PM.
    I'm new here and excited about all the possibilities. I've had my Pre since June and tried doing some of the pre-sdk hacks. I stopped messing with it for a while - guess I lost interest. Now I'm back and I see this - this one is the one I've been waiting for. Is there a video camera app out there?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    i'm missing this patch in 1.3.1. Is this the patch where you could choose the green or gray button? If so.. Will this be ported over? I don't see it in Preware.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    BUMP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast