Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    This is my newest and coolest boot screen... It is part of my LOST THEME.. find link in my signature

The Island disappears as the lost logo fades in>>>>>

BOOT LOGO THEME VIDEO
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just FYI, as of WebOS Quick Install v2.0, changing boot screen image is made simple on the Tweaks panel, no rooting required

By the way, madolen, I LOVE the effect from your Lost boot screen
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just FYI, as of WebOS Quick Install v2.0, changing boot screen image is made simple on the Tweaks panel, no rooting required

Thanks I put alot of time into making it look good, I think this theme is my best work yet
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Just tried doing it that way but I don't see any "non glow" images on here to put in the first file. I tried just putting a glow one in the second line but I get a null error. Where can I find a non-glowing image for the first file it request?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcd2004 View Post
    Just tried doing it that way but I don't see any "non glow" images on here to put in the first file. I tried just putting a glow one in the second line but I get a null error. Where can I find a non-glowing image for the first file it request?
    you just have to change the file name

One image should be:

palm-logo.png

and the other should be:

palm-logo-bright.png
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Ok, I just installed WebOSQuickInstall and decided the time was right to mess around with a custom boot screen. Here's mine now. Note that I have two different "non glow" screens - I can't decide which one I like better. the "mmpreboot1" file produces a much more subtle glow than the "mmpreboot11" file, but the second one adjusts the glow MUCH more but the glow is choppy when it boots. Dunno. Here are both for you to decide.
    Very nice
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Can someone please provide the stock non-glow boot logo? Thanks
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcd2004 View Post
    Can someone please provide the stock non-glow boot logo? Thanks
    Here you go...
    I'd like to see the stock images modified so that the word Pre would alternate glowing opposite the word Palm. I'd do it, but I have absolutely no graphics skills. Maybe the Pre would glow with a color or something.

Wishfully thinking...
    Here's to you all you Kansas Jayhawks out there...
    where did you guys get the coconut font?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ....and because my wife will be getting a Pre when she's eligible for an upgrade....
    I can't get any of the images attached as jpg's in this thread to work. I rename them to png files, but they simply show nothing when booting.

The files that are png on this thread work fine? Can anyone explain why?

Jason Robitaille, thanks for the tweak on WebOS QuickInstall.

Like your LOST one madolen!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    I can't get any of the images attached as jpg's in this thread to work. I rename them to png files, but they simply show nothing when booting.

The files that are png on this thread work fine? Can anyone explain why?

Jason Robitaille, thanks for the tweak on WebOS QuickInstall.

Like your LOST one madolen!
    Are you downloading it directly from the site, or emailing them to yourself? I would suggest email. I never tried any other boot images before I created mine, so I can't tell you from experience that the ones posted here work, but they should!
    Here's for a laker boot
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Here's for a laker boot
    damn looks nice....wish i could have a miami heat or dwyane wade (picture) boot logo
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    Here you go...
    Thanks! These are the actual untouched originals?

I've not rooted so I'm wondering if the originals are still on the Pre after I changed it. Guess I could d/l Internalz to find out.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Thanks! These are the actual untouched originals?

I've not rooted so I'm wondering if the originals are still on the Pre after I changed it. Guess I could d/l Internalz to find out.
    these are the stock boot images
    Now, if you know how to root your pre you can do so.. I don't know why as Jason rocks and has developed about the cooled program for modding your pre I can think of. As always the risk is yours to assume...

Step by step:

1) Download and install new version of quickinstall if you do not already have it, click here
    2) Email/download the boot themes I have provided here.
    3) Put your phone into developer mode and hook it up via usb in "just charge mode".
    4) open up quick install and go to tools, then tweeks, then place check box in boot themes radio button.
    5) in dialog box upload png files of my boot themes. Initial boot theme is tuxpalmgun.png. Bright boot theme (second entry) is tuxpalmgunbullet.png.
    6) close out quickinstaller, safely remove your palm, remove from dev mode. For the first few seconds on start up normal palm logo displays and then transitions to the boot theme here. Other boot themes are available from webos-internals.org.

Have fun peeps! Let me know what you think?

PS - Some nice work on here...
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast