Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 328
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #141  
    How the heck to I add a image to this form.. LOL
  2. #142  
    These are the updated orange ones.. Sorry if they do not show I am new to forms..


    Palm_orange.jpg

    Palm_orange 2.jpg
  3. #143  
    I was messing around to make a bigger PRE on the bright and this is the one I picked.. I personally like the smaller 1.

    palm pre 4.jpg
  4. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by David2321 View Post
    These are the updated orange ones.. Sorry if they do not show I am new to forms..


    Palm_orange.jpg

    Palm_orange 2.jpg
    Thank you! I'm gonna use these two images for my booting screen!
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Thank you! I'm gonna use these two images for my booting screen!
    After you put them on let me know how it looks on startup!! Please
  6. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by David2321 View Post
    After you put them on let me know how it looks on startup!! Please
  7. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #147  
    Been waiting to change mine, was a piece of cake thanks to this: http://www.precentral.net/how-apply-...t-linux-access
  8. #148  
    heres one of my boot logos ive been making all my own stuff its kinda cool my wife has also started making logos and stuff since i bought her one a couple of weeks ago she is so cool please send me comments on it id like to know what people think please
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigkev1469; 08/12/2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: left out some info miss spelling
  9. #149  
    heres the blue devil some one requested this from me i made this from the one my wife made in red i used paint
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigkev1469; 08/13/2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: edit text
  10. k8e
    k8e is offline
    k8e's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Are you sure the path isn't

    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images ??
    How do I get there? I'm so lost. I can get root access via cmd line, but then I don't know what to do. Am I supposed to be using something else?
  11. madolen's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    How do I get there? I'm so lost. I can get root access via cmd line, but then I don't know what to do. Am I supposed to be using something else?
    If you are just looking to copy the originals in order to edit>>

    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /media/internal/
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /media/internal/

    type those two commands into the prompt (via PUTTY etc...)

    This will copy them to the USB portion of the PRE so you can access them via USB MODE

    If you make new boot screens copy them back to the USB portion of the PRE, switch to "JUST CHARGING" and type:

    cp /media/internal/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png

    into the command prompt
  12. k8e
    k8e is offline
    k8e's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    If you are just looking to copy the originals in order to edit>>

    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /media/internal/
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /media/internal/

    type those two commands into the prompt (via PUTTY etc...)

    This will copy them to the USB portion of the PRE so you can access them via USB MODE

    If you make new boot screens copy them back to the USB portion of the PRE, switch to "JUST CHARGING" and type:

    cp /media/internal/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png

    into the command prompt
    Do I HAVE to use PUTTY? I've tried using it, but it asks for an IP address and I can't connect wirelessly here at work (and nothing will work at home). Won't regular command line work?
  13. k8e
    k8e is offline
    k8e's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    Do I HAVE to use PUTTY? I've tried using it, but it asks for an IP address and I can't connect wirelessly here at work (and nothing will work at home). Won't regular command line work?
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    If you are just looking to copy the originals in order to edit>>

    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /media/internal/
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /media/internal/

    type those two commands into the prompt (via PUTTY etc...)

    This will copy them to the USB portion of the PRE so you can access them via USB MODE

    If you make new boot screens copy them back to the USB portion of the PRE, switch to "JUST CHARGING" and type:

    cp /media/internal/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png

    into the command prompt
    Yay!! I was able to finally do it via command line (I still don't understand Putty). I just had to put in the 2 codes to make the Pre writable first. Thanks a bunch Madolan!
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Ok I suck at this. Can someone help me edit this and make it look good?

    I want the orange circle with white letters with a completely black background. Then I will fade between the two on boot. It should look pretty sweet.

    Or maybe instead of a completely black background, how about just a small white halo around it?
    White halo version (as requested)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  15. #155  
    here is my first stab at changing the boot up screen... I am a big fan of Lost, so this could be considered the Palm Station. If anyone has ideas for making this better/clearer, let me know.

    Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. #156  
    I think I may actually have to try out your palm station logo... Or look at doing something similar to yours... I will have to get creative on this... And we are still way to far from the start of the last season.. Cant wait for it.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    I think I may actually have to try out your palm station logo... Or look at doing something similar to yours... I will have to get creative on this... And we are still way to far from the start of the last season.. Cant wait for it.
    If you come up with something better, please let me know!!! That was all my non-technical self was able to come up with. And only another 5 months or so until the final season of LOST!!!!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 08/18/2009 at 03:33 PM.
  18. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    White halo version (as requested)
    Thank you so much. Only thing is I wanted to use the white halo version with the sunburst version I posted before as my boot screens, and they are not the same size. NachoB I do like that your circle is smaller. Could you create a sunburst image the same size as the white halo version?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19. #159  
    I found these and modified them a little

    LMK what you think.



  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Thank you so much. Only thing is I wanted to use the white halo version with the sunburst version I posted before as my boot screens, and they are not the same size. NachoB I do like that your circle is smaller. Could you create a sunburst image the same size as the white halo version?
    Try these. Hard to have a sunburst effect and at the same time not have the image turn out square looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions