Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    How do I make the files so the image has the glowing effect? sorry if thishas been covered already if it has i missed it. I want to used like a different logo as well I just am not sure what I should do so the second palm.logo.bright have the glowing effect or is this just standard default?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    How do I make the files so the image has the glowing effect? sorry if thishas been covered already if it has i missed it. I want to used like a different logo as well I just am not sure what I should do so the second palm.logo.bright have the glowing effect or is this just standard default?
    When you make you two boot images the phone will automatically fade between them. If you want to make another logo or screen with a glow effect just use Paint.net (you can get it at Download.com) and edit the image with the effects tab.. That is what I do.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    You know what would be trick, if you used the old Palm orange! It would be a throwback to the old Treos.
    I'm gonna use the picture below for the palm-logo-bright image and photoshop it up for the palm-logo image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    I made this set, I just saw transformers 2 and thought it would be cool to turn my pre into one...

PS. It looks cool with the glowing eyes
    Awesome! Now do it with the decepticon logo with red eyes!

Here is a poster I found on the web...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    used that hal9000 screen.. so awesome, yet creepy at the same time! i love it!!
    I didn't see those commands on the patch webos boot themes site?
    Ok, now is it necessary to rewrite all that code to change it?
    Cant we just change the files via usb port?
    Just curious?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Awesome! Now do it with the decepticon logo with red eyes!

Here is a poster I found on the web...

I hope this is good enough
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    Ok, now is it necessary to rewrite all that code to change it?
    Cant we just change the files via usb port?
    Just curious?
    unfortunately it is necessary. you cant access the system files from the usb. i know it seems overwhelming and kindof scary, but if you follow the directions on "webos-internals . org" to the letter, it will work out. I have never done anything with linux before this, and it worked fine, with minimal frustration.
    I kind of figured that LOL. Just wondered, you know for others as well that would see the step of accessing the Pre's USB drive feature and accessing the folder where the images are held.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Alright, here it is in blue, i'll include one with black lettering and one with white

Take off the "blue" or the "blue-with-white-let" portion of the filename for whichever you want to use.
    Nice Job!! Thx...
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Can you make me one in ice blue? I'll be your BFF
    Hi I have the webos quick install and the dev mode icon in the launcher so that I can go from developer mode on or off. Will that allow me to change the colors of my logo if so can you post up step by step on how to change it.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    Hi I have the webos quick install and the dev mode icon in the launcher so that I can go from developer mode on or off. Will that allow me to change the colors of my logo if so can you post up step by step on how to change it.
    Thanks
    Patch webOS Boot Themes - WebOS Internals

Follow these steps. It's pretty easy I have no linux experience and was able to do it pretty quickly.

P.S. You need to "Root" (Access Linux) your Pre.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I was thinking of something closer to the ones someone did of the autobots logo, not just a fill in but more of like a 3d bulb underneath (see attached).
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Better?
    Is it possible for one of the Web Developers out there to make an app that will allow us to just choose to picture files from a directory (maybe just the download directory) and then use those to files to do the fade.

Of course, as a safety measure copying the originals so if you wanted to restore to defaults you could.

That way us novices can do this without having to get too much into the Pre guts.

I am just getting used to WebOs Install and FileCoaster.

So is can this be made into an app?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Better?
    NICE
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Better?
    Can you post the alternate with the eyes blacked out? I would just crop the original I posted but I might end up making it slightly off...
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I'm gonna use the picture below for the palm-logo-bright image and photoshop it up for the palm-logo image.
    Ok I suck at this. Can someone help me edit this and make it look good?

I want the orange circle with white letters with a completely black background. Then I will fade between the two on boot. It should look pretty sweet.

Or maybe instead of a completely black background, how about just a small white halo around it?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast