Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    thanks..
    Thanks to the OP of this thread, this has been a neat exercise for me in changing the boot-up image. didn't even think that it was that easy to modify.

Here are my 2 images that i just created. for some of you the image will be obvious.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I accidently removed the default palm-logo-bright.png from the /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ directory with sudo rm palm-logo-bright.png

when I try and execute

cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /media/internal/bootlogo

it states that

/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png is not a directory

any help please?

I'm still pretty new with command line stuff
    Last edited by I_Ryan; 07/20/2009 at 10:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    how do I post images on this forum? I have a very cool transformer boot icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    how do I post images on this forum? I have a very cool transformer boot icon.
    Use the image tags (without spaces) [ img ] [ /img ]

Or attach them.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    I accidently removed the default palm-logo-bright.png from the /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ directory with sudo rm palm-logo-bright.png

when I try and execute

cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /media/internal/bootlogo

it states that

/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png is not a directory

any help please?

I'm still pretty new with command line stuff
    You got it backwards.

cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    These are mine, doubt anyone else will use them, but anyway...
    Would it be possible for you to make a tut and post it on the pre wiki?

Thanks,
    Scoutcamper
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I made this set, I just saw transformers 2 and thought it would be cool to turn my pre into one...

PS. It looks cool with the glowing eyes
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    This is another set I made... It is an Anti-Apple set.

It looks great when the pre boots.
    I thought I rooted my pre correctly...followed the dev wiki to a t but for some reason I cannot copy these images to the pre directory...I'm using putty to ssh into it and this is what I put in...

cp -i C:/Temp/palm-logo.png skilled44(at)castle:/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png

This is what it said:

cp: cannot stat 'C:/Temp/palm-logo.png': No such file or directory

Tried a few different things just couldn't get it to work...I know the more experienced users of linux in these forums get tired of helping the newbies all the time...but it's not like I'm not reading the dev wiki and alot of other linux resources...it's probably something stupid but any help would be appreciated, thanks
    So did anyone ever make an app for this? I really don't want to root my pre as I would just screw it up terribly...
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skilled44 View Post
    I thought I rooted my pre correctly...followed the dev wiki to a t but for some reason I cannot copy these images to the pre directory...I'm using putty to ssh into it and this is what I put in...

cp -i C:/Temp/palm-logo.png skilled44(at)castle:/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png

This is what it said:

cp: cannot stat 'C:/Temp/palm-logo.png': No such file or directory

Tried a few different things just couldn't get it to work...I know the more experienced users of linux in these forums get tired of helping the newbies all the time...but it's not like I'm not reading the dev wiki and alot of other linux resources...it's probably something stupid but any help would be appreciated, thanks

When you SSH into your pre is it still in USB mode? (It should be just charging)

and did you make to root writable

I dont believe you can copy from your computers drive. Make a folder called bootlogo on the pre when in usb mode, copy the images into the bootlogo folder you just made, then switch to "just charging " and SSH into the pre then type this into your root

sudo su or sudo -i i cant remember witch one

mount -o rw,remount /

cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png

mount -o ro,remount /

pkill LunaSysMgr
    Last edited by madolen; 07/25/2009 at 08:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by okasaki View Post
    Seriously Geek Squad fails so hard I am surprised that most of their employees don't end up committing suicide, they are the most arrogant, egoistical, overpriced ****** bags I have ever met. But obviously that might just be my local best buy, I cant speak for yours.

P.S. Does anyone else notice that geek squad tries to force macs down your throat until you gag, I have nothing against macs (1/5 of my home network are macs/ hacs) but they seriously aren't the savior of the computing world. Besides geek squad puts them on a pedestal and makes outrages claims that no computer can do.

All in all my local geek squad insults the intelligence of every person they deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    Thanks to the OP of this thread, this has been a neat exercise for me in changing the boot-up image. didn't even think that it was that easy to modify.

Here are my 2 images that i just created. for some of you the image will be obvious.

EPIC ME LIKES VERY MUCH
    u think maybe u can make one without the agent markings?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    u think maybe u can make one without the agent markings?
    w/out my agent id?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    Seriously Geek Squad fails so hard I am surprised that most of their employees don't end up committing suicide, they are the most arrogant, egoistical, overpriced ****** bags I have ever met. But obviously that might just be my local best buy, I cant speak for yours.

P.S. Does anyone else notice that geek squad tries to force macs down your throat until you gag, I have nothing against macs (1/5 of my home network are macs/ hacs) but they seriously aren't the savior of the computing world. Besides geek squad puts them on a pedestal and makes outrages claims that no computer can do.

All in all my local geek squad insults the intelligence of every person they deal with.

Honestly man, so sorry to hear that. I won't lie, it's a pretty rough business. Service in a retail environment, trying to help the masses while staffing to make a dime, and then dealing with something our society has become so attached to on a daily basis. It takes a pretty special person to not let it get to them or not to forget that we all put our pants on one leg at a time.

Personally, I run Leopard with Vista, Ubuntu and Win 7 thru VM on my Mac. I also run Ubuntu, Vista, and Win 7 on my Vaio, and am looking forward to see what Google Chrome has to offer (sounds like it will be very similiar to webOS). Just depends on what your doing, everyone has their preferences, and I agree that one or the other shouldn't be forced on anyone, it's a personal preference and I agree Mac's are not the savior of the computing world, those that claim that to be the case will be the biggest sufferers in the next couple years.

Anyway, just my opinion, and way off topic, not trying to say that I am any better or worse than anyone else, just wanted to say that I was sorry that you felt that way.

Back on topic, who else has some cool display images?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I can't seem to find the original pre-dev article for this.

Anyone know if these instructions work?

Edit Dialer Theme - WebOS Internals

Edit:
    Did the Dialer Edit in the link mentioned and it works. Looks great too.
    Last edited by DNic; 07/23/2009 at 11:51 PM.
    w/out my agent id?
    yes please
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    yes please
    Here ya go, sorry, so long, leaving tommorow for GSSA..

Geek Squad.png

Geek Squad glow reflec2t.png
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post

I won't spoil it for you, but I knew it looked familiar. Just did a google search to confirm.

But I will hint, only if you like popular offshoots of popular Linux distros.