Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Wow thanks for the info. Ill take it =p
    How about these

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    How about these

Those are sweet . What about palm pre written in the pre font at the top though?

Quote Originally Posted by ihateyourband View Post
    Just threw these together. Same thing, used the coconut font and went from there.
    Can you do yours with palm pre? I love that look!
    Last edited by Eguy; 06/27/2009 at 12:08 AM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I like the glow from the penguin, but the Palm one is a bit to much for me. Mixing the 2, or just reducing the glow of the palm would made it nicer in my opinion.

(i'm not asking you to do it for me, Just saying. The pre isn't even out in Canada yet, so i wouldn't even use it.)
    I actually kind of agree with you, but i didn't create the glow on the palm, its just a copy of the default logo.
    Can you guys make this in to app? so people like me dont have to root the Pre?
    This be a fun app to use, with lot of different logos.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Can you guys make this in to app? so people like me dont have to root the Pre?
    This be a fun app to use, with lot of different logos.
    I'm not sure if the location for the files is in the installable area or not. I'm guessing because its in /usr it is, but I really dunno... I'm not a developer or even a programmer though, so I'm not the expert!
    i'm so ready to customize...now that the SDK has leaked.....hopefully someone will be able to create aps. I'd like to not have the shortcut bar on the home screen. I want to bring it up with my finger or just the normal up-swipe to bring up the launcher..

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    @Eguy: Yup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looks like palm overwrote these with the 1.04 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Looks like palm overwrote these with the 1.04 update.
    They did with 1.0.3 as well. I just leave em in /media/internal/download and reload them after every update, takes literally 30 seconds tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I'm not sure if the location for the files is in the installable area or not. I'm guessing because its in /usr it is, but I really dunno... I'm not a developer or even a programmer though, so I'm not the expert!
    It seems like if you remove the images and make symbolic links to images in /media/internal folder, you could switch them out at will via USB.

I haven't rooted (yet?) so I can't test it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guish View Post
    It seems like if you remove the images and make symbolic links to images in /media/internal folder, you could switch them out at will via USB.

I haven't rooted (yet?) so I can't test it out.
    I'd imagine the updates would overwrite the symbolic links just as easily as it does the files...
    So now the challenge becomes creating a mod to catch the update prior to installation (if only to see what's in them/how they are performed) or add a function that executes right after the update that restores your customizations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guish View Post
    So now the challenge becomes creating a mod to catch the update prior to installation (if only to see what's in them/how they are performed) or add a function that executes right after the update that restores your customizations.
    Itd be nice to have an app that could allow you to choose the 2 images...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Crazy! I tell you! All you folks is CrAzY!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by dabadman View Post
    Crazy! I tell you! All you folks is CrAzY!?!?!
    What?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Anyone know where the palm images is kept that comes up after the Pre shuts down and is beginning to come back up? I'd like to change that one as well, I thought it would have changed with the palm-logo.png but it didn't so it has to be pulling from somewhere else...Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by techchad View Post
    Anyone know where the palm images is kept that comes up after the Pre shuts down and is beginning to come back up? I'd like to change that one as well, I thought it would have changed with the palm-logo.png but it didn't so it has to be pulling from somewhere else...Anyone?
    I believe that one's in hardware...
    Quote Originally Posted by techchad View Post
    Yeah, its definitely in hardware. I, while attempting to bypass activation, flashed a rootfs that had an empty /dev/ directory. Obviously, the thing didn't boot but it did show me that palm screen.
    Works for me. Thanks!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast