Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I just found you can actually use images larger than the stock images. I made one using the youtube background with the palm logo thats 320x480, looks great.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Thats my video

Its simple. Replace 1 image, and the phone does the rest. Heres the image I've used:

Place that image in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

Or, you can edit your own. Really, you can make it say or do whatever you want, all it does is take the palm-logo.png and the palm-logo-bright.png and fade between the two, its a very basic system.

Awesome, Everything should be Scarlet and Grey!

(had to cut the image out of the quote because I haven't posted enough.)
    Go bucks!
    Doubt anyone would use mine, as it's a logo for my username, but here is mine :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Doubt anyone would use mine, as it's a logo for my username, but here is mine :
    Any my matching wallpaper as well:
    This is awesome blue looks so much better. Thanks for the Blue IMG!.. On a sidenote I did not have to use the mount -o remount,rw / command if I used sudo.? Did I leave something unsecure? I have seen it mentioned a couple times in different threads...I did create an Unprivleged user and it can't see or do anything until I sudo.. Well different topic I guess! Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    This is awesome blue looks so much better. Thanks for the Blue IMG!.. On a sidenote I did not have to use the mount -o remount,rw / command if I used sudo.? Did I leave something unsecure? I have seen it mentioned a couple times in different threads...I did create an Unprivleged user and it can't see or do anything until I sudo.. Well different topic I guess! Thanks again!
    I think since its in /usr/palm/applications, as sudo you can write it without having to set it rewritable, but I could be wrong. Also, if you haven't rebooted your phone in a while, it could still be set rewritable from the last time you set it.
    Someone should do a HAL 9000 startup screen. That would be soooo sick.
  8. PCS
    wow!!!! thats kool how can this be done im a noob.. Can some plz show me how to do this...
    Ill get on HAL in the morning. What size are you guys using?
    Here are mine... I created them using the Prelude/Coconut font (official pre font).

palm-logo.png

palm-logo-bright.png
    Can someone explain how to make the background color? I made a red one and it looks quite bad .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by pHaez View Post
    Here are mine... I created them using the Prelude/Coconut font (official pre font).

palm-logo.png

palm-logo-bright.png
    Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by pHaez View Post

palm-logo.png

palm-logo-bright.png
    Might be neat to have the first image the stock imag, and the 2nd one the Pre image you made with the blue halo, but put it down a little bit, so the Palm fades out to the Pre logo with the blue halo.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by smith2sc View Post
    agreed...i'd love to do this but need some in general beginner help since im not linux savvy
    So this was asked and answered on the first page but since we are on our third page I'll repeat it and give greater detail. One caveat, if you're squeamish about Linux and don't like the prospects that you could potentially f-up you're Pre don't do it girlfriend!

1. You need to root your Pre, so go here. I also recommend to do this after.
    2. Now you need to replace palm-logo.png and the palm-logo-bright.png located in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images.
    3. So an easy way to move your new images is to copy them to the Pre under USB storage mode (when connected to your PC) and copy them to the root folder. Now when you login to your Pre in Linux you will find the newly copied files at /media/internal.

If you're still scratching your head wondering what I'm talking about this might be the time to either give up or learn. The Pre Dev people made a page on basic Linux commands here. But let's be honest it's really basic so if you need additional info I'd recommend to go here.

So no more questions on how to do this, ok? From now on smith2sc is fielding these questions.
    Just threw these together. Same thing, used the coconut font and went from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    Someone should do a HAL 9000 startup screen. That would be soooo sick.
    Not Sure if these will work, I suck at gimp!

Hal 9000 Logo.png

Hal 9000.png
    HAHAHA HAL FTW that is awesome.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    ya someone please let me know if those work... haha i can't do the real glow effect, im a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Thats my video
    It looks great!

The red makes it look sinister - like it was Darth Vader's Pre.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I just did one of the blue ones, love it.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast