Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    So when I install these pics with webos quick install it works but I get a mess of pixels on the bottom of the screen that look like a bunch of deformed sprint icons. Any thoughts??

Try this one...i forgot to resize the images. Sorry!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i need help really bad i tried changing my boot logo before and the default always pops baq up please some one help me with changing it
    i love the piqs u guys put up but i wish i knew how to use em'
    Quote Originally Posted by Edog08 View Post
    i need help really bad i tried changing my boot logo before and the default always pops baq up please some one help me with changing it
    i love the piqs u guys put up but i wish i knew how to use em'
    i don't think there is anything special you need to do...i installed the webOS quickinstall and webOS doctor...then all i had to do was open the webOS quickinstall, plug in my pre, click on option>tweaks, the click the box that says change boot logo. From there you just put in the .png files either from this thread or your own and thats that.
    ok i went to options but i didnt see any change boot logo option
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ok i went to options but i didnt see any change boot logo option
    go to Tweaks and you will see a list of check boxes
    heres mine

can u make the monster symbol in to red?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman1 View Post
    while im at it.... GO TIGERS!
    could you do the white sox logo too?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2010 View Post
    here's a green one as well
    Do you think you could make a "CWG" in the same letters as the green monster M?
    Last edited by cwgtex; 08/27/2009 at 08:18 PM.
    can u make the monster symbol into red
    please
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Cool Text: Logo and Graphics Generator

I used this website to make these boot screens. It looks awesome!

Who wants to guess where this font is inspired from?
    A picture of a Terminator head with the glowing red eyes would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    Hey guys, let me know what you think of this...
    I believe the second image is a JPEG and needs to be a PNG. By the way they are off center from each other so it doesn't look quite right.
    can someone plezzz help make this work
    plezzz
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So this was asked and answered on the first page but since we are on our third page I'll repeat it and give greater detail. One caveat, if you're squeamish about Linux and don't like the prospects that you could potentially f-up you're Pre don't do it girlfriend!

1. You need to root your Pre, so go . I also recommend to do after.
    2. Now you need to replace palm-logo.png and the palm-logo-bright.png located in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images.
    3. So an easy way to move your new images is to copy them to the Pre under USB storage mode (when connected to your PC) and copy them to the root folder. Now when you login to your Pre in Linux you will find the newly copied files at /media/internal.

If you're still scratching your head wondering what I'm talking about this might be the time to either give up or learn. The Pre Dev people made a page on basic Linux commands But let's be honest it's really basic so if you need additional info I'd recommend to go

So no more questions on how to do this, ok? From now on smith2sc is fielding these questions.
    you know.....I am a chemical and mechanical engineer, and yet you constantly keep saying how simple this....and yes some things are simple....however you really do have a terrible method of explaining things.....do you understand that people do not have the basic framework fo runderstanding where to even go when you claim to simply replace
    palm-logo.png and the palm-logo-bright.png located in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images.

Ummmm ...hello ..where do we go to replace this..??????? You seem to be getting a bit agitated with our requests, however you have failed miserably in explaining things for us simpletons........? Anyways, I think all of this is very kool, and was hoping you could take a step and write your threads with more specific information....I just see a bunch of missing pieces.........help us....dont yell at us........
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljohns23 View Post
    you know.....I am a chemical and mechanical engineer, and yet you constantly keep saying how simple this....and yes some things are simple....however you really do have a terrible method of explaining things.....do you understand that people do not have the basic framework fo runderstanding where to even go when you claim to simply replace
    palm-logo.png and the palm-logo-bright.png located in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images.

Ummmm ...hello ..where do we go to replace this..??????? You seem to be getting a bit agitated with our requests, however you have failed miserably in explaining things for us simpletons........? Anyways, I think all of this is very kool, and was hoping you could take a step and write your threads with more specific information....I just see a bunch of missing pieces.........help us....dont yell at us........
    Easier recommendation: WebOS Quick Install

Once setup, from WebOS Quick Install's menu, go Tools->Tweaks. There'll be a simple popup box where you select the 2 boot images you want (regular and bright/changed). The rest is all taken care of by WebOS Quick Install
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Attached are my evil panda boot screen PNG files...LOL. Still modifying....to make even better....

Let me know if you want more, just give thanks....ujsc
    Last edited by ujsc; 08/29/2009 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubefx View Post
    Here is the ones I made today............
    That ROCKS!
    I like the 2 minute boot time now (:
    can anyone please!!!!!make the red monster symbolPLease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i got the green one but id prefer red so could some1 make that happen?
    can anyone please!!!!!make the red monster symbolPLease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i got the green one but id prefer red so could some1 make that happen?
    I am still new to photoshop but i tried my best hope you like