Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    In Preware, from the main screen tap on the top left, and you will find Install package, her you can either browse to or give a url

Sine preware pulls the files from preware.net, you can find the packages there, you should even be able to do this all on device

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I can confirm this works on the Pixi Plus running 1.4.5. Preware didn't show the updater on the results, but browsing the tree from preware.net i was able to download and install the ipk with no issues at all.

Yesterday I bought a nonworking Pixi (bad digitizer) to get the parts I needed to get my Pixi working after 2 years in a drawer. I came to see that Palm and HP support is dead, no app market, no gmail working, basically text and sms only. This OpenSSL-Updater was the last piece I needed to get the phone working again.

I'm glad there's still a community backing this. I was able to get devicetool, wosqi and a couple of apps thanks to the support of this community and the handy guide from pivotCE.
    Forgive me for being lame...however I decided to try this app, and got stuck at the very first step of enabling Alpha feeds..."remove Preware". How is that done? Tried to look for clues with WOSQI, got nowhere.

When you finish laughing, I could use some simple instructions....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    Forgive me for being lame...however I decided to try this app, and got stuck at the very first step of enabling Alpha feeds..."remove Preware". How is that done?
    Preware can remove Preware. Just open Preware, Find it by typing "Prew" + Enter, Choose it and you should see the option to Launch or Remove on the description screen.
    You may want to save your package list and run Save/Restore for Preware to back-up your Preware settings before removing it just in case something goes awry.
    -Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Preware can remove Preware. Just open Preware, Find it by typing "Prew" + Enter, Choose it and you should see the option to Launch or Remove on the description screen.
    You may want to save your package list and run Save/Restore for Preware to back-up your Preware settings before removing it just in case something goes awry.
    -Good luck
    Doh! Thanks bbito.
    Got the app installed on both my Pre 3's and on the TP. All good so far, no more whiny notifications about invalid certs!

Thanks!
    There's a thing... it's some weeks that google is not updating their certificate anymore
    I got alerts in the last day or so. It's still happening, just less frequently.
    I'm trying to sort out my Yahoo email access and access to my works website. I've used Open SSL updater but I'm still having issues. I suspect, though it's only an educated guess, my problem is old certificates. When I go into Certificate Manager I do see what appears to be more than one version of the same certificate.

My problem is there is no date in the "Expiration Date" field. How do I know if the certificate has expired?

I guess the order the certificates are listed related to when they were installed. Are the newer ones at the top or the bottom of the list?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm T/X50 View Post

I guess the order the certificates are listed related to when they were installed. Are the newer ones at the top or the bottom of the list? ...
    The last one I manually updated (*.smtp.mail.yahoo.com) is at the bottom of the list. I also manually deleted the expired one before installing the updated one.

All my certs show expiration dates and I only have 4 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    After messing with TP again to put back LunaCE I think I'm back to the the state of webos not booting.
    I think this time it's not openSSL but maybe the fact that I did EPR because LunaCE was showing as installed but wasn't showing in tweaks and trying to install failed.

Long story short. Ran EPR, installed Palm LunaSysMgr from preware to get back to factory Luna and I think I got to the trouble where SSL install maybe messing with original LunaSysMgr install.

Any ideas?
    Will rolling back to the original ssl files will help?
    Bump. Anybody have an idea how to fix this?
    I'm bumping as well. How is the progress on the OTA triggers? What you posted about those seemed promising, but you have yet to post a version that uses these. I'm quite eager to hear if there has been any progress on that end.

-God Ginrai

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It seems this update is not working right for webOS 2.1.x.. I read through this thread and found no references to 2.1, so wanted to bump it for the sake of others. On every 2.1 device I've installed it on, it causes a trust prompt for nearly every cert encountered I n the browser, and also breaks the Pandora app. I'm using cert grabber for Gmail and Yahoo certs on my 2.1.x devices (Pre+s and a Veer I keep on 2.1.2 for testing) for now.

Edit: Here is what happens when I try to access Pandora's secure url via the command line. It hints that the update breaks the ability to get some critical info from the certs:

root@Pre+ meta Vzw 2:/var/home/root# curl https://www.pandora.com
    curl: (51) SSL: unable to obtain common name from peer certificate
    Edit2: Apparently that's part of the SSL-wonky-ness of webOS 2.1.. I get the same thing after the update and on the emulator that never had the update.. but still, Pandora works without the update, and fails with the update.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/30/2016 at 11:08 AM.
    Hi
    I've tried to remove/uninstall opensslupdater 3 times, but it keeps coming back...

What can I do? (Pre3, webos 2.2.4, 0.9.8-6)

Br
    Karsten

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    WebOS still makes sense.
    In my experience with uninstalling this on 2.1, it does actually revert the files back to the stock version but the app package doesn't get removed. I suspect the way it exits and reboots is preventing that last step. I think this behavior is the same on all versions.
    Any news on installing the files needed to enable seamless Google integration?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Any news on installing the files needed to enable seamless Google integration?
    https://pivotce.com/2016/07/07/guide...oogle-synergy/
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Thanks again, but it seems the links haven't been updated since August 2016 when the Alpha files were being worked through.
    It's fine. You have nothing to worry about
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I am having a hard time locating the updater in the Preware alpha feeds via the app and precentral.net. I may be just making some dumb mistake... Could someone possibly provide the link for updating in Preware?

Thanks!
    precentral.net is now webosnation.com. There is a redirect, but sometimes links fail and you need to make the substitution manually on old links.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking or what the problem in locating the update is. Enabling Alpha and beta feeds is made deliberately difficult as this software is not properly tested or known to be stable. The process for enabling the feeds is here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals and it might be wise to toggle off the feeds afterwards to avoid alpha-quality option appearing in search.

This update seems to work fine, but has caused problems on installation, so you need to make sure you are backed up (link below) and follow the instructions carefully.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast