Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    That is good news you got email working again :-)

Where did you get the ipk for openssl-updater? I only know of installation by preware via alpha feed. Also, how did you install the ipk using preware? I would think this would be done via WOSQI.
    In Preware, from the main screen tap on the top left, and you will find Install package, her you can either browse to or give a url

Sine preware pulls the files from preware.net, you can find the packages there, you should even be able to do this all on device

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    I'm not able to uninstall Open-SSL updater on my Pre 2. I installed via preware and when I remove in preware, it reboots, but still appears to be installed in preware.

When I try to uninstall command in nova term, I get:

Code:
    palm-install -r org.webosinternals.openssl-updater
    /bin/sh: palm-install: not found
    Finally, when I try uninstalling in WOSQI, I get the attached error message.

I'm trying to uninstall, in order to reinstall to see if I can get rid of the constant trust certificate messages while browsing.
    Apologies, my life's much too busy with day job, I could simply not follow-up this past month.

The short story is application uninstallation cannot be completed, although OpenSSL was brought back to native* (the script that is run before app uninstallation restores OpenSSL back to original, but because of the OpenSSL libraries sudden change, the script performs a reboot to avoid a system crash and this is what prevents application removal -- I missed this point).

Please bear with me a little so I can come up with a nice simple way to clean up the mess**.

A question if I may: while getting constant trust certificate messages while browsing (usually a sign of installation failure), could you get the email app to connect you to a Google email account?

* just run the command "/usr/bin/openssl version -a" in novaterm/WOSQI to check OpenSSL's version, you're back to square 1 if it says 0.9.8j (webOS 1.x) or 0.9.8k (webOS 2.x/3.x).

** this is alpha software, what did you expect! ;-)
    Last edited by Thibaud; 12/13/2015 at 04:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Apologies...

---cut---

Please bear with me a little so I can come up with a nice simple way to clean up the mess**.

---cut---

** this is alpha software, what did you expect! ;-)
    Apologies accepted, as you say it is alpha after all.

And I managed to workaround...

How about, in the app, have buttons to install/uninstall, warning about the reboot.

So no auto reboot when installing uninstalling the app.

That would work for now, not?

I understand you would like to be able to make it as easy as possible, but sometimes it does not have to be that way

Hi Thibaud, apologies absolutely not required. I really appreciate the work you are doing here. Running the command you provided, I am able to confirm that OpenSSL version is back to 0.9.8k.

I can send and receive emails from my gmail account, but I believe the connection is relying on Grabber's Certificate Grabber app. I ran into the invalid certificate for google recently and ran Grabber's app to solve the issue.

I can receive but cannot send mails from my hotmail account, and have had this issue for about 2 weeks. It is one of the motivations for getting the OpenSSL-updater working. I am not at all clear how all these issues (browser, email app) are related or unrelated, but was willing to give it a try to see if it works :-)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    hello

i can't create the line command for alpha feeds flux : permission denied (see picture) , my touchpad is in developper mode , how to do ?

thank you for your help

it's for certificate google problem
    Quote Originally Posted by xtro83 View Post
    hello

i can't create the line command for alpha feeds flux : permission denied (see picture) , my touchpad is in developper mode , how to do ?

thank you for your help

Click to view quoted image

it's for certificate google problem
    Before typing the mkdir command type this command:

su
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Hope somebody can help me. Got that installed this on my pre 2(I think airplane mode and WOQI) and all went well. Finally I decided to install it on my TP thru Preware. It installed fine and after some browsing and whatnot I decided to reboot it to take full effect of the install. Well after that webOS fails to boot.
    I can book LuneOS just fine but webOS just hangs in booting state.
    Any advice on how to fix that without visiting the doctor?
    Could someone quickly confirm that -- even with openssl updater, and root cert updater,

We still use frantid's 0auth2 patch for contacts and calendar?

Thanks
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Could someone quickly confirm that -- even with openssl updater, and root cert updater,

We still use frantid's 0auth2 patch for contacts and calendar?

Thanks
    Frantid's patch or C+DAV, either one. I have a mix across my devices.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Hope somebody can help me. Got that installed this on my pre 2(I think airplane mode and WOQI) and all went well. Finally I decided to install it on my TP thru Preware. It installed fine and after some browsing and whatnot I decided to reboot it to take full effect of the install. Well after that webOS fails to boot.
    I can book LuneOS just fine but webOS just hangs in booting state.
    Any advice on how to fix that without visiting the doctor?
    OK, that one's a new one... Did you get a reboot as part of the installation process (hint: you should have!)? If not, this is simply unexpected as a reboot is forced at the end of the post-installation script.

There is hope (you may avoid the Doctor)! Your TP is most likely still alive (the Unix system underneath), but not to a point the graphical interface can run.

May I ask you to perform a few operations to evaluate the situation? This involves connecting to the TP via novaterm or WOSQI and run shell commands, can you do this? If yes, and once connected, can you please launch (use copy/paste if unsure):
    • /bin/ls -l /usr/bin/openssl
    • /bin/ls -l /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
    • /bin/ls -l /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
    • /usr/bin/openssl version -a
    • /bin/ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.openssl-updater/

and post back here the output of each command? The first 3 commands are meant to check if OpenSSL is damaged/incomplete, the 4th one to check which OpenSSL is installed (if apparently undamaged) and the last one to check what is in the OpenSSL-Updater app, especially the backup of the original OpenSSL installation before the update.

More to follow once this first step is completed.
    OK, that one's a new one... Did you get a reboot as part of the installation process (hint: you should have!)? If not, this is simply unexpected as a reboot is forced at the end of the post-installation script.

There is hope (you may avoid the Doctor)! Your TP is most likely still alive (the Unix system underneath), but not to a point the graphical interface can run.

May I ask you to perform a few operations to evaluate the situation? This involves connecting to the TP via novaterm or WOSQI and run shell commands, can you do this? If yes, and once connected, can you please launch (use copy/paste if unsure):
    • /bin/ls -l /usr/bin/openssl
    • /bin/ls -l /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
    • /bin/ls -l /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
    • /bin/ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.openssl-updater/

and post back here the output of each command? The first 3 commands are meant to check if OpenSSL is damaged/incomplete, the 4th one to check which OpenSSL is installed (if apparently undamaged) and the last one to check what is in the OpenSSL-Updater app, especially the backup of the original OpenSSL installation before the update.

More to follow once this first step is completed.
    Here's the output from the commands:

Code:
    root@webos-device:/# /bin/ls -l /usr/bin/openssl
    /bin/ls -l /usr/bin/openssl
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        434176 Jul 29  2011 /usr/bin/openssl
    root@webos-device:/#
    root@webos-device:/# /bin/ls -l /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
    /bin/ls -l /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         16384 Jul 29  2011 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
    root@webos-device:/# /bin/ls -l /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
    /bin/ls -l /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root             0 Jul 29  2011 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
    root@webos-device:/# /usr/bin/openssl version -a
    /usr/bin/openssl version -a
    Bus error
    root@webos-device:/# /bin/ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.openssl-updater/
    /bin/ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.w
    ebosinternals.openssl-updater/
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root         18047 Oct 16 19:11 LICENSE
    drwxrwxrwx    4 root     root         16384 Dec 28 22:29 app
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          2754 Oct 16 19:11 appinfo.json
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root       1015606 Dec 28 22:29 backup.tar.gz
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           773 Oct 16 19:11 build.sh
    drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root         16384 Dec 28 22:29 control
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          6278 Oct 16 19:11 icon.png
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root         49629 Oct 16 19:11 icon_splash.png
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           444 Oct 16 19:11 index.html
    drwxrwxrwx    3 root     root         16384 Dec 28 22:29 install
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           157 Oct 16 19:11 sources.json
    drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root         16384 Dec 28 22:29 src

Thanks in advance for looking into this.
  12.    #112  
    Here's the output from the commands:

[...]

Thanks in advance for looking into this.
    Thank you, that quite clarifies where you are. Short story is the original OpenSSL backup went fine but OpenSSL update with the new version is "unfinished" (which somewhat demonstrates the current installation method is flawed, you most likely faced the same issue as a few others).

As promised, there's hope, you just need to run the below commands to complete the OpenSSL binaries installation:
    • (cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.openssl-updater/install; /bin/tar cf - usr ) | (cd /; /bin/tar xvf -)
    • sync; sync

Once done, please can you run the below commands (a variation of the previous ones) and report back the output?
    • /bin/ls -l /usr/bin/openssl /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
    • /bin/ls -lR /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.openssl-updater/install

Once your report looks good (matching binaries size and OpenSSL reporting version 0.9.8zg), you should normally just need a reboot to be good to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Also relying on EAS, but will test on my only and everyday Pre2 after that small reallife issue buying a house is done

One interesting part of systemwide update would be the reenabling of our cooperate eduroam wifi which switched to SHA256 certs a while ago and is not operable since then (but then again it could be something else as webos was never easy with enterprise wifis )
    Did you update? If so, did it fix your eduroam wifi? Just curious. I'm wondering about doing this, because my eduroam doesn't work (and it's a certificate issue). But I'm also wondering whether it will screw up my EAS connection to outlook.com.

IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Thank you, that quite clarifies where you are. Short story is the original OpenSSL backup went fine but OpenSSL update with the new version is "unfinished" (which somewhat demonstrates the current installation method is flawed, you most likely faced the same issue as a few others).

As promised, there's hope, you just need to run the below commands to complete the OpenSSL binaries installation:
    • (cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.openssl-updater/install; /bin/tar cf - usr ) | (cd /; /bin/tar xvf -)
    • sync; sync

Once done, please can you run the below commands (a variation of the previous ones) and report back the output?
    • /bin/ls -l /usr/bin/openssl /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
    • /bin/ls -lR /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.openssl-updater/install

Once your report looks good (matching binaries size and OpenSSL reporting version 0.9.8zg), you should normally just need a reboot to be good to go!
    Thank you, Thibau!
    I was able to run just the first set of commands about completing the install and TP restarted by itself.
    Ran the second set and all sizes match and the version looked good but none of the email or messaging accounts worked so I had to restart it second time and all is back to normal.

I was thinking that if going to airplane mode is the only option to avoid locking of some of the files, could the install script force the device to go to airplane mode once the install is downloaded and before starting actual install. Once finished turn off airplane mode.

Not sure if this is even possible.
    Again thank you for your time doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    ... I'm also wondering whether it will screw up my EAS connection to outlook.com.

The update did not cause problems with my outlook.com EAS account.
    xandros9 likes this.
    It might be possible for the installer script that runs after the package is downloaded run a luna-send command to put the device into airplane mode and then sleep for a few seconds before proceeding.
    vgg likes this.
    A better bet would be to call stop on the services that would use the ssl libraries. Then when you are done, call start. Maybe airplane mode first.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  18.    #118  
    Thank you, Thibaud!
    I was able to run just the first set of commands about completing the install and TP restarted by itself.
    Ran the second set and all sizes match and the version looked good but none of the email or messaging accounts worked so I had to restart it second time and all is back to normal.
    Good news!

What you consider the "first" restart rather was LunaSysMgr crashing (for whatever reason, most likely because of the OpenSSL installation finish), but the Linux system underneath was still running (this is what let you finish the OpenSSL installation in the first place). It is only when you (really) restarted the TP (the "second" time, but really the first time for Linux) you got everything back to normal...
    Preemptive likes this.
    Good news!

What you consider the "first" restart rather was LunaSysMgr crashing (for whatever reason, most likely because of the OpenSSL installation finish), but the Linux system underneath was still running (this is what let you finish the OpenSSL installation in the first place). It is only when you (really) restarted the TP (the "second" time, but really the first time for Linux) you got everything back to normal...
    After messing with TP again to put back LunaCE I think I'm back to the the state of webos not booting.
    I think this time it's not openSSL but maybe the fact that I did EPR because LunaCE was showing as installed but wasn't showing in tweaks and trying to install failed.

Long story short. Ran EPR, installed Palm LunaSysMgr from preware to get back to factory Luna and I think I got to the trouble where SSL install maybe messing with original LunaSysMgr install.

Any ideas?
    Will rolling back to the original ssl files will help?
    Successfully installed on my Pre3. Interestingly, the FREAKattack website, which used to identify the browser as vulnerable, now says that it appears to be safe. Is that likely to be accurate?

On a related note, does anyone know if the device is secure enough for mobile banking through the browser after the openssl update? I don't use it for banking at present, and don't need to, but I was curious.

IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast