Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Using webos quick install vr 4.51 and 4.60, I don't see preware listed anywhere. Am I something?
  2. #2  
    I can confirm it is no longer there. But you can go to the wiki and download it from there.
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Index of /
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I can confirm it is no longer there. But you can go to the wiki and download it from there.
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Index of /
    Can't find anything that works anymore, and downloads from preware.net fail to install
    Last edited by laingman; 01/05/2015 at 01:29 PM.
  4. #4  
    Now MojoWhatsup is missing, or is it just me?
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    Now MojoWhatsup is missing, or is it just me?
    for me WebOSQuickInstall-4.6.0.jar is working just fine

    did you checked if you clicked the Applications tab when searching for Preware or Whatsup as if you are in the Services and any other "tab" it will not find what you are looking for
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    for me WebOSQuickInstall-4.6.0.jar is working just fine

    did you checked if you clicked the Applications tab when searching for Preware or Whatsup as if you are in the Services and any other "tab" it will not find what you are looking for
    Yeah, not there under any tab
  7. #7  
    Preware there for me on 4.6.0
    Just call me Berd.
  8. #8  
    duh, of course it doesn't show for me, I already have it installed.

    Laingman, click tools and then device management in WOSQI and see if preware is listed as installed on your device.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    duh, of course it doesn't show for me, I already have it installed.

    Laingman, click tools and then device management in WOSQI and see if preware is listed as installed on your device.
    It's not installed, so I am trying to install it. Maybe Doctor and see what happens
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    It's not installed, so I am trying to install it. Maybe Doctor and see what happens
    I wish we had a new doctor with Preware inside it!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  11.    #11  
    I have always used the stand alone installer for preware, but when I click install it does nothing, so I had to try quick install but couldn't find it listed
  12. #12  
    From get.preware.net
    -> open the readme doc for instruction
    -> select the right ipk
    -> can install ipk on device with Internalz Pro or through WOSQI too.

    Once ipk is installed, you can then update to latest preware.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    From get.preware.net
    -> open the readme doc for instruction
    -> select the right ipk
    -> can install ipk on device with Internalz Pro or through WOSQI too.

    Once ipk is installed, you can then update to latest preware.
    Thanks bro, the correct version to install is 1.9.13. It is also over at pivot ce. Funny thing is I knew that but totally forgot about the write up and fixes after the domain change.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    duh, of course it doesn't show for me, I already have it installed.

    Laingman, click tools and then device management in WOSQI and see if preware is listed as installed on your device.
    Actually no. Even if it is installed it should still show up as installed and should be able to un-install it with quick install. Even if Rod used to recommend using the same method to install and un-install.

    Anyway I managed to install it and it shows up now in quick install as user installed content. Thanks.
  15. #15  
    I can confirm that yesterday WOSQI latest version listed preware under "updates" for my touchpad, pre 3 and veer (I already had it installed but from the old domain so i went to wosqi to update).

    Also the veer had an update for whatsupp. Was cool to see that the updates tab was separate from the installed tab, nice work from developer.
  16.    #16  
    Well still having preware problems. It cant find applications or patches feeds even with the .net domain. Anyone know the I know url for the patches feed, anyone know what it is for applications
  17. #18  
    Facing trouble installing webos quick install. getting error on novacom drivers. is there any way i can install it .. Palm pre 2
  18. #19  
    V 4.6 is available here on the forum. Drivers included. Quick search and go get it
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    By larrymcj in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04/23/2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Preware or Webos Quick Install or both?
    By pre315 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11/30/2010, 09:20 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/16/2010, 02:35 PM
  4. preware not in my webos quick install?
    By neftali131 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07/27/2010, 05:50 AM
  5. webos qucik install connection
    By My_DaDDii in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09/11/2009, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions