Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    I tried to access webos-internals.org today and I get a message from go daddy saying the domain name expired on 6/10/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion. Anybody else seeing that?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I was just on there on my Pre2 this morning with no issue. I got that message on my laptop just now though. The wiki is working fine on my Pre3 though: http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_PagePerhaps it is cached on my phone?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I got that message on my laptop when I left out the dash in the URL. The wiki is working fine on my Pre3 though: http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_PagePerhaps it is cached on my phone?
    I think so because the wiki is down for me too. (On Firefox at least) Every link I have for them simply redirects to the generic "buy this domain now!" nonsense.
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    Been a while since I was quoted before I finished editing my post to clarify.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Been a while since I was quoted before I finished editing my post to clarify.
    Haha sorry about that. Yeah, their site is down. With the new updates to the main Android Central page and iMore growing everyday I'm starting to really wonder how long they'll keep the forums up. I know everyone around here says "but we're using them!" however that doesn't matter. In 5 days we will have been exactly 1 year without ANY new articles to the front page. Also, there hasn't been any significant webOS phone development in nearly 3 years now. Our phones are dying and spare parts aren't as readily available as they used to be. Plus, there are fewer and fewer folks around here and we're the last standing site. (In English)

Sorry for the depressing post that had nothing to do with your reply lol. The OP just got me thinking with his title and all.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    On a positive note. Per my sig as of 10/26/2014 I will have gotten 3 WONDERFUL years out of my Touchpad which I got for $99. Best $/usage tech value I've ever had.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?

Down for you apparently.

Works fine for me here Firefox, Win8.1, etc.
    down for me too. Seems to be parked at godaddy.com
    seems it ran out of registartion:
    "ANMERKUNG: Dieser Domainname ist am 10.06.2014 abgelaufen und muss erneuert oder gelöscht werden."

that's it folks?

no Info on https://twitter.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I tried to access webos-internals.org today and I get a message from go daddy saying the domain name expired on 6/10/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion. Anybody else seeing that?
    Hmm, http://www.webos-internals.org works fine for me to reach the wiki.
    We must not lose these pages! There is just too much good information out.
    ( If it had to move then let's move - but never re-move !)

----
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_Survival_Kit is out there to survive ..
    I suppose we could try to find out if they intend to renew and maintain the site. Other wise should seek permissoion to maintain it amongst ourselves
    Preemptive likes this.
    I have a blank page and godaddy source
    Blank page as well, saw it earlier and thought maybe it was a glitch of some kind. I hope it comes back
    I have no authority to speak for them, but I am pretty confident they would not shut the site down without making an announcement. I'd guess the renewal was overlooked or is taking longer than normal.
    It is back up!
    whois info:
    Expires On June 10, 2015
    Registered On June 10, 2009
    Updated On June 11, 2014
    [edit] Thanks for the thanks, but it was not my doing!
    I just happened to see this thread after Rod Whitby got the registration renewed.
    -Thanks Rod!!!!!
    Last edited by bbito; 06/11/2014 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Credit where credit is due
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Is there any reason why us survivors, die hard webos'ers, or whatever you want to call us cannot be given keys to the remaining kingdom? Judging by some of us still here, there are a few us that could write well enough to write new articles on the LG Tv's and other tidbit's of info as we are the webosnation, and with LG WebOS is still kicking. Hopefully it will be more than a TV interface but we shall see. I cannot imagine it would be that difficult if a handful of us were given the ability to post and all articles could be sent to those admins. I truly believe that more people still stumble on to this site than we may realize considering how many TP's are still out there and if there is a modicum of recent info, they may become repeat visitors.
    Last edited by joeytino; 06/11/2014 at 09:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Is there any reason why us survivors, die hard webos'ers, or whatever you want to call us cannot be given keys to the remaining kingdom? Judging by some of us still here, there are a few us that could write well enough to write new articles on the LG Tv's and other tidbit's of info as we are the webosnation, and with LG WebOS is still kicking. Hopefully it will be more than a TV interface but we shall see. I cannot imagine it would be that difficult if a handful of us were given the ability to post and all articles could be sent to those admins. I truly believe that more people still stumble on to this site than we may realize considering how many TP's are still out there and if there is a modicum of recent info, they may become repeat visitors.
    I've been wondering this for nearly a year now myself. My writing isn't the best but I have run a few forums before and posted smaller articles so I think enough of us could do a serviceable job. I guess Mobile Nations is worried about handing it over to a bunch of "amateurs" but to be honest them letting the site rot and go with nothing is worse in my opinion.
    Hot tip: Just type, "Send reminder to webOS-internals.org to renew their domain". Select, "New Calendar Event".

Now fill in some time and date prior to 10th June 2015 - a few days or a week maybe. Set an alarm.

See you next year - if any of us are left. It'll be interesting to see how many messages get sent.

Still only seeing the Godaddy page...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/11/2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    I've been wondering this for nearly a year now myself. My writing isn't the best but I have run a few forums before and posted smaller articles so I think enough of us could do a serviceable job. I guess Mobile Nations is worried about handing it over to a bunch of "amateurs" but to be honest them letting the site rot and go with nothing is worse in my opinion.
    pivotCE launched exactly 9 months ago. Thanks for reading...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/11/2014 at 10:08 PM.
    jrb363 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    pivotCE launched exactly 9 months ago. Thanks for reading...
    And I enjoy pivot, but webosnations has a somewhat larger footprint and a lot of work has been spent here that it's just a shame to see it wither on the vine as it is. Both Pivot and webosnations have a place in this small part of the world. Besides, we really aren't much a part of the Mobile Nations anymore so what harm could it be letting those of us still around the ability to bring it up to snuff? I mean even something as simple as a review of the LG TV interface is sort of a DUH for an article.(There was a review of the TP Go and that was never released. We now have a new WebOS device on the shelves!) Perhaps an all in one place go to guide on steps to revive a borked TP - a common issue these days - to save some from having to jump from post to post. Considering the number of WebOS articles that have appeared this year starting with the big Verge piece (Which webosnations REALLY should have had) there was enough news to warrant SOMETHING for an article. More than one person has implied that LG people are lurking about our forums. If that is truly the case and we want WebOS phones and tablets again knowing it may be a little different than the WebOS we have seen in the past, we need to make some noise to prove the point and if they see us and pivot not just exist but continue on, it may - this is a big may and in a small way- give them some indication that the interest is there to attempt other devices.
    Last edited by joeytino; 06/12/2014 at 02:09 AM.
    jrb363 likes this.
    I have no authority to speak for them, but I am pretty confident they would not shut the site down without making an announcement. I'd guess the renewal was overlooked or is taking longer than normal.
    Correct, the person who can sort it is often at remote locations for periods of time without internet access. He has been notified and it will be sorted ASAP, so nothing to worry about :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    MartinH@webos likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast