Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm getting this message when I run preware feeds, honestly I barely know enough about this stuff to get me in trouble, whichis what I did. Do I need to doctor or can I just add the stock file contents? During feeds showes this;

Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error
    Quote Originally Posted by xs-sxs View Post
    I'm getting this message when I run preware feeds, honestly I barely know enough about this stuff to get me in trouble, whichis what I did. Do I need to doctor or can I just add the stock file contents? During feeds showes this;

Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error
    If you don't get any helpful responses (I'm clueless on this), you might try re-posting this in the Preware thread.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    That error comes when the network conection is not working for some reason... usually preware checks with webos if there is a network connection before trying to download. So webos seems to think you have some kind of network, but Preware can't download anything.
    One reason might be that you are physically connected, but there is no data transmitted because of some configuration issue in the network or some volume restriction? Another issue could be firewalls and proxy servers.

Are you behind a proxy? Or did you fiddle with any of those proxify apps that are in preware and set wrong stuff there?

Another issue might be that you somehow deleted / corrupted the curl binary on your device. That should not happen... and it would not be easy to do so... I would tripple check the network connection before investigating this...

You could also try to run the command yourself from an on device command line and see if there is any additional information there.