1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm sort of a backup fanatic and here's my problem:

Using palmcloud sync and save&restore, I hope all my data is recoverable, some day.
    As I don't trust palmcloud anymore, I wonder why save&restore doesn't seem to cover the webos nativ apps.
    I want to do a partial undo for one app .. palmcloud seems to force me to completely clear my device to get my backup back.

Is there a way to backup native apps with save&restore or a similar tool ?
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelfuerst View Post
    Hi,

I'm sort of a backup fanatic and here's my problem:

Using palmcloud sync and save&restore, I hope all my data is recoverable, some day.
    As I don't trust palmcloud anymore, I wonder why save&restore doesn't seem to cover the webos nativ apps.
    I want to do a partial undo for one app .. palmcloud seems to force me to completely clear my device to get my backup back.

Is there a way to backup native apps with save&restore or a similar tool ?
    There are many ways to do a full NAND backup, and many ways to backup databases...

There are a few that even started to create their own backup web servers and attempted to re-create the Palm cloud offering.

The best way to answer, is to find out what it is that you want to backup?

If you are looking for Calendar/Contacts I recommend using another service (Google/Yahoo/exchange/etc...) if you want to retain your contacts, there is even a patch that will allow one to use the build in contact backup product and allows a text/CeleBrite export (##66623#)...

So the question is what do you want to backup?
  3.    #3  
    I want to recover all my apps and data to a new device, just in case my old one breaks.
    ( I own 3 different Pre's.)

Cloud is a nogo for me, as there's no easy way for me to get my data back. ( partial restore)
    With the NSA scanning my backups, the cloud is no media I can trust anymore.
    As the native apps (e.g tasks) seem to be stored in the cloud, only, I will have to stop using it..?

I allready saved contacts with an special app, but I want some soft of "one-click-solution" for everything to backup.
    When migrating from one device to another, I spent 3 hours to backup everything.. I cannot do that on regular basis.
    On PC I can do a full metal backup of the harddisk using trueimage.. Is there something similar ?
    So you're looking for a way to disable automatic cloud backups (wary of PRISM?) and to make effective manual backups instead?

i know you can pull down /var/db/main/objects.db to grab data stored by core apps, such as browser history, Memos, call log, etc.

There's also an .app-storage directory under /media/internal/ that contains individual databases belonging to installed apps...

However, i don't use too many apps, so there's bound to be stuff i don't know about.

One app that i do recommend though, is "WiFi File Sharing", which will allow you to browse the device as a "network drive" from your home computer...