webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > Pre3 MetaDoctor Questions
Pre3 MetaDoctor Questions

Old 01/11/2013, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Couple of questions before I go through the process:

-Is there a way to modify the cryptofs size so that I don't have to do it later on (the one related to the application database getting full issue)? I see options for swap, ext3, etc. but not for that specifically.
-I see a script for a vanilla AT&T 2.2.3 and a wr AT&T 2.2.4 (the former from what I understand removes the AT&T junk and the latter makes it emulate a WR model). My question is, is there a functional difference between the two (for example, does the WR version open up manual network selection while the vanilla version doesn't)?
-Anything else that's recommended to do while I'm going through the process (for example, enlarging any other partitions, modifying other system files, etc.)?
-Any Pre3 owners recommend staying with 2.2.3 vs. 2.2.4?
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2013, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
-Is there a way to modify the cryptofs size so that I don't have to do it later on (the one related to the application database getting full issue)? I see options for swap, ext3, etc. but not for that specifically.
CryptoFs is a dynamic overlay filesystem that uses /media/internal. It uses all available space on the media partition and has nothing to do with the application database.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2013, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
CryptoFs is a dynamic overlay filesystem that uses /media/internal. It uses all available space on the media partition and has nothing to do with the application database.
Maybe not the best wording, but store-mojodb/store-cryptodb is set at a size too small as we all know so it'd be nice to set the doc to make it larger from the get go, vs. doing it after the fact. In case my wording still blows, I'm refering to this fix:

Workaround for Application Database is Full error | webOS Nation
Old 01/11/2013, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ahh, OK, you're talking about about the database, not applications store.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 07:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Bump. Anyone?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0