webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > How to doctor GSM franken-pre
How to doctor GSM franken-pre
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre

Old 01/02/2013, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

I was gifted a leftover/spare-parts phone. It's a Verizon Pre Plus, that thinks it's a Sprint phone (former Sprint FrankenPre), but now has a comms board out of a Rogers Pre 2. My plan is to get it set up to be a back-up phone if anything happens to my unlocked Pre 2 - just pop my Straight Talk SIM into the Plus while I fix or repair the 2.

I just set up my meta-doctor build environment (fresh git pull), and tried a few scripts, but I keep getting token mismatch errors. What do I have to do to get this phone into a potentially usable state?
jeffro-tull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro-tull View Post
I was gifted a leftover/spare-parts phone. It's a Verizon Pre Plus, that thinks it's a Sprint phone (former Sprint FrankenPre), but now has a comms board out of a Rogers Pre 2. My plan is to get it set up to be a back-up phone if anything happens to my unlocked Pre 2 - just pop my Straight Talk SIM into the Plus while I fix or repair the 2.

I just set up my meta-doctor build environment (fresh git pull), and tried a few scripts, but I keep getting token mismatch errors. What do I have to do to get this phone into a potentially usable state?
i'm confused about what you have. your header says it's a GSM phone, but you're saying it's a VZN phone that thinks its a Sprint phone. Both of those carriers are CDMA and don't have SIM slots. I dont know anything about Rogers, i think that's canadian.

What part of your phone has a SIM slot? And if it's GSM why do you need a meta doctor? Why not just blow out the Sprint data with a data reset from the reverse logistics screen (requires your MSL) and run the stock UNLOCKED 2.1.0 doctor that's available on the webos internals list of doctors?

if it doesn't have a SIM slot, then like my Franken, you'll have to have the comm board in its original phone to activate it. the board has to report its original s/n with its MEID to activate, which is why you can't activate a Sprint board in a VZN phone.

my spare parts phone from my recent Franken conversion, i made into a wifi only device by running the Verizon stock doctor 2.1.0, then bypassed activation using devmode, then used impostah to create a palm profile, then used the country changer to get app cat access. but if i wanted to activate it as a real phone i'd have to just full reset, and then activate it on VZN since it has VZN comm and main boards.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 01/05/2013, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

The phone was originally a Verizon Pre Plus. It was last used with a Sprint comms board as a Franken-Pre. The previous owner then got a Rogers Pre 2, so the Sprint comms board went into the Pre 2, and the Rogers comms board went into the Plus.

So, it's a Verizon Pre Plus that thinks it's a Sprint phone but has a GSM comms board in it.

I would like to use it as a GSM Pre Plus, should the need arise. WHen I run a Doctor, I get token mismatch errors because it thinks that it's still a Sprint phone. I don't know what I have to do to make it realize that it has a GSM radio in it.
Potential spare phone: Verizon Pre Plus, formerly with Sprint Pre board, now with Rogers Pre 2 board
jeffro-tull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Since it's a Verizon phone, it may require a meta-doctor with token swap. The meta-doctor thread may be the appropriate place to ask if what script or settings to use.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0