Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  1.    #1  
    I was gifted a leftover/spare-parts phone. It's a Verizon Pre Plus, that thinks it's a Sprint phone (former Sprint FrankenPre), but now has a comms board out of a Rogers Pre 2. My plan is to get it set up to be a back-up phone if anything happens to my unlocked Pre 2 - just pop my Straight Talk SIM into the Plus while I fix or repair the 2.

I just set up my meta-doctor build environment (fresh git pull), and tried a few scripts, but I keep getting token mismatch errors. What do I have to do to get this phone into a potentially usable state?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro-tull View Post
    I was gifted a leftover/spare-parts phone. It's a Verizon Pre Plus, that thinks it's a Sprint phone (former Sprint FrankenPre), but now has a comms board out of a Rogers Pre 2. My plan is to get it set up to be a back-up phone if anything happens to my unlocked Pre 2 - just pop my Straight Talk SIM into the Plus while I fix or repair the 2.

I just set up my meta-doctor build environment (fresh git pull), and tried a few scripts, but I keep getting token mismatch errors. What do I have to do to get this phone into a potentially usable state?
    i'm confused about what you have. your header says it's a GSM phone, but you're saying it's a VZN phone that thinks its a Sprint phone. Both of those carriers are CDMA and don't have SIM slots. I dont know anything about Rogers, i think that's canadian.

What part of your phone has a SIM slot? And if it's GSM why do you need a meta doctor? Why not just blow out the Sprint data with a data reset from the reverse logistics screen (requires your MSL) and run the stock UNLOCKED 2.1.0 doctor that's available on the webos internals list of doctors?

if it doesn't have a SIM slot, then like my Franken, you'll have to have the comm board in its original phone to activate it. the board has to report its original s/n with its MEID to activate, which is why you can't activate a Sprint board in a VZN phone.

my spare parts phone from my recent Franken conversion, i made into a wifi only device by running the Verizon stock doctor 2.1.0, then bypassed activation using devmode, then used impostah to create a palm profile, then used the country changer to get app cat access. but if i wanted to activate it as a real phone i'd have to just full reset, and then activate it on VZN since it has VZN comm and main boards.
    Remy X likes this.
  3.    #3  
    The phone was originally a Verizon Pre Plus. It was last used with a Sprint comms board as a Franken-Pre. The previous owner then got a Rogers Pre 2, so the Sprint comms board went into the Pre 2, and the Rogers comms board went into the Plus.

So, it's a Verizon Pre Plus that thinks it's a Sprint phone but has a GSM comms board in it.

I would like to use it as a GSM Pre Plus, should the need arise. WHen I run a Doctor, I get token mismatch errors because it thinks that it's still a Sprint phone. I don't know what I have to do to make it realize that it has a GSM radio in it.
    Primary phone: Unlocked Pre 2 on Straight Talk
    Old phone: Sprint Pre (twice replaced, thrice repaired)
    Parts phone: eBay Sprint Pre (scratched, bad ESN)
    Potential spare phone: Verizon Pre Plus, formerly with Sprint Pre board, now with Rogers Pre 2 board
    Since it's a Verizon phone, it may require a meta-doctor with token swap. The meta-doctor thread may be the appropriate place to ask if what script or settings to use.