962 Global Posts
    Stingray??

That's a pre3 folks.

From top to bottom going left-right by rows:

TouchPad Go, Nexus 7
    Pre, Pre2, Pixi, Veer, Pre3
    TouchPad 4G (in a case so it looks bigger), TouchPad WiFi

No Nexus 4, no SGS3, no "Stingray"
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Mize,

So... What is over the Touchpad Wifi?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    You mean the openmoko sock-case to the up and right of the TPWifi?
    The two directly above are a white Veer and a Pre3. As for the case who can possibly speculate?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    You mean the openmoko sock-case to the up and right of the TPWifi?
    The two directly above are a white Veer and a Pre3. As for the case who can possibly speculate?
    @Mize
    We mean on top of the right touchpad at the bottom of the picture
    It's not any manufacturers device because it
    - Has a clear gesture area
    -And no apparent sliding(er) / hinge (sorry for my english)
    Take a closer look you'll see
    Onanii
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Doh my God, I must be blind!
    sorry!
    Somehow my early AM brain thought those were images on web pages or something being rendered on the TPs.

Yep, clearly an HP/Palm design with the LED on the gesture area.
    Device ID looks like HSTNH-C30CN
    Here's my go:

TouchPad Go, Nexus 7
    Pre -, Pre 2, Pixi, Veer, Pre 3
    TouchPad 4G and standard one.
    Galaxy Nexus, and... WAIT A MINUTE that's not what I think it is?

That's a Pixi back, ther other non HP's are modded from other devices.
    Last edited by xandros9; 01/04/2013 at 11:24 AM.
    HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by nentendo View Post
    Pre, Pre 2, Pixi, veer 4g, pre 3 4g, touchpad go, nexus 7 , touchpad, touchpad 4g, galaxy nexus, stingray !,

You actually have a stingray? I thought that was only a myth! Could I try that out?
    When I saw this on twitter I thought it was the unreleased device (but I was zooming in on Pre3 screen so lower res image)....

I think you are right though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Doh my God, I must be blind!
    sorry!
    Somehow my early AM brain thought those were images on web pages or something being rendered on the TPs.

Yep, clearly an HP/Palm design with the LED on the gesture area.
    Device ID looks like HSTNH-C30CN
    Also look at hardware revisions, all retail released devices have an "A"... the TP Go and the unreleased phone do not.

So jealous of Rod, still don't want a slab but would have loved to have a production webOS slab.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post

That's a Pixi back, the other non HP's are modded from other devices.
    Look again.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/04/2013 at 06:04 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rnp likes this.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    what? no pre+
    The Pre+ wasn't charged, so I didn't bother including it in the picture.

The only devices I don't have are a Pixi- (the original Pixi with no wifi - a useless device) and a 64GB TouchPad.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's the image of the WindsorNot (they made our site remove the image from the story)

I totally forgot that was also referred to as "Stingray".
    Stingray is *not* an alternate name for that device.

-- Rod
    dkirker and Rnp like this.
    I'll take your word on that.. I got that explanation from another website LOL

Taken from the Verge article:
    Before HP discontinued its webOS hardware, rumors surfaced of the Stingray, an all-touch HP smartphone designed to compete with the Evo. Also known as the Windsor Not (in contrast to the Windsor, another codenamed phone),
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/05/2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Look again.

-- Rod
    OH I SEE
    I didn't see the cover on top of the Go's back, I thought they were both one thing

How does that snap in? A la Galaxy Nexus?
    HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X
    My Palm OS Archive
    I think everybody owes a donation in my name to WebOS Internals for me not being corrected by Rod
    Mize and HelloNNNewman like this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Also look at hardware revisions, all retail released devices have an "A"... the TP Go and the unreleased phone do not.

So jealous of Rod, still don't want a slab but would have loved to have a production webOS slab.
    Were it to have a nice proc and run most of my apps, I'd pay quite a bit for a webOS slab phone, though what I'd really like is a quad core pre3 form factor with the battery life I get from my fat Mugen battery but the thickness of the stock battery. My eyes get all misty at what might have been...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/05/2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Ok, so besides the face that the phone exists. I mean I know that this may be off topic but, can you give us any sort of indication of the phones specifications?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Ok, so besides the face that the phone exists [...]
    You surely mean "fact", don't you?
    Apparently that device is not the stingray? It's just called the Windsor Not. Most websites called it the Stingray and then WindsorNot. Possibly they were different keyboard less phones with two different screen sizes. I really wish it had been released. I'd probably be using it today.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Rod, any idea how many Windsornot prototypes actually exist? How functional is it, can you actually use it as a phone? I'm only asking out of curiousity, I'm sure such a thing is far beyond the reach of anyone who isn't you. I realize you may not be free to discuss anything related to the device.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast