1. mpx
    Hi all

here in Italy is late night. Before going to sleep I installed uberkernel from preware. **%£$%&/"&£hit!!!!
    Now my pre3 doesn't boot. It displays the black logo with the link to the doctor.

I don't want to doctor (many things unsaved, ...) so i like to try to recover the situations. I successfully booted via ram:// in novacom, trying to find a backup image of the original kernel, but, after many times of digging, i can't find it (them). It seems to me that during install uberkernel creates a backup....

Is there a backup to copy back in place, or an alternative way to find the original files?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by mpx View Post
    Hi all

here in Italy is late night. Before going to sleep I installed uberkernel from preware. **%£$%&/"&£hit!!!!
    Now my pre3 doesn't boot. It displays the black logo with the link to the doctor.

I don't want to doctor (many things unsaved, ...) so i like to try to recover the situations. I successfully booted via ram:// in novacom, trying to find a backup image of the original kernel, but, after many times of digging, i can't find it (them). It seems to me that during install uberkernel creates a backup....

Is there a backup to copy back in place, or an alternative way to find the original files?

Thanks in advance
    You can always extract the uImage from the doctor (inside the webOS jar file), you can also use the meta doctor application to unpack the doctor, then use the uImage recovery image and copy the boot files over...
  3. mpx
    first of all thanks for your reply.

Incouraged by your logic i did it the rough way: just copied the ramdisk kernel into boot partition, rebooted and uninstalled uberkernel. I will try again when i have time to fight with it.

Coming from a treo, i am a bit disappointed by webos, but i must admit that the "close to metal" part of webos is very well made.