Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By Garrett92C
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    This was my old wish and maybe with LunCE would be possible - introduction of active notifications on lockscreen. Basically, tapping or swiping notification would unlock device and start corresponding application without need of unlocking and activating launcher, or notification on status bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    This was my old wish and maybe with LunCE would be possible - introduction of active notifications on lockscreen. Basically, tapping or swiping notification would unlock device and start corresponding application without need of unlocking and activating launcher, or notification on status bar.
    Reminds me that the music player's dashboard is interactive, but very unresponsive. I wonder how they did it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Reminds me that the music player's dashboard is interactive, but very unresponsive. I wonder how they did it?
    Also Dr. Podder/Pod Frenzy as you said I find it to be inconsistent so I have it turned off.

This wouldn't be a bad feature on the TouchPad... not sure how much I would use it though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    There's a flag that you can set for dashboards that allow them to accept touch input when the device is locked
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    what file does the flag get written to? And whats the flag called? (if you don't mind)

guessing it's just true/false, so this could easily be enabled via Internalz or a patch...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    chalx likes this.
    Very neat feature.

I tried a quick test to see if its possible to launch an app through the notification area when screen is locked and it doesn't seem to be possible (at least with the one test I tried).

I would like to see launching straight to an app and skipping the lock screen.

Nice tip on the flag for the dashboard eblade, I never knew about that.

@OldSkoolVWLover
    Its a little more complicated then just a true/false but not to much extra

You can find the code inside the stock music app inside the dashboard.jsjsjs $file$, $should$ $be$ $semi$ $easy$ $to$ $find$.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 10/04/2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    what file does the flag get written to? And whats the flag called? (if you don't mind)

guessing it's just true/false, so this could easily be enabled via Internalz or a patch...
    Example:
    Code:
    enyo.windows.openDashboard("widget/index.html", "dashWeatherWidget", prefs, {clickableWhenLocked:true});
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    HAHA thought of you last night when thinking about dashboard stuff
    Garrett92C likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Definitely do NOT do this... Completely removes the reason for having a lock screen. (I actually added the messaging patch to prevent displaying text message previews because even that was too much...)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Definitely do NOT do this... Completely removes the reason for having a lock screen. (I actually added the messaging patch to prevent displaying text message previews because even that was too much...)
    LOL, on mine and the wifes TouchPad I have the remove lockscreen patch... all the TPs in my house have Folio cases, so no real need for a lock screen on the tablets. I could never see wanting to remove the lockscreen from my Pre3 though.

Hmmm thinking about it now, I should remove the lock and drag up to lock images so it's not so obvious how to unlock...
    The lock screen is both accident prevention and a security measure. What dkirker did made it the same way as on Android: if you have a code-protected lock screen, you can't open the notifications drawer on the lock screen lest people can see glimpses of your emails. This is opposed to iOS, where you see your notifications sort of like the way on webOS 3.0.
    Agreed, but it is only so much of a security measure unless you are using pin unlock, or never leave your phone by itself.

Personally, it is rare for me to have someone in a position to see my notifications on the phone the way my desk is setup at work. To get to my touchstone you have to go past me and to see my phone easily you would be sitting right next to me or standing over me.... and my back is to a wall so nobody peaking over my shoulder.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Very neat feature.

I tried a quick test to see if its possible to launch an app through the notification area when screen is locked and it doesn't seem to be possible (at least with the one test I tried).

Nice tip on the flag for the dashboard eblade, I never knew about that.

@OldSkoolVWLover
    Its a little more complicated then just a true/false but not to much extra

You can find the code inside the stock music app inside the dashboard.jsjsjs $file$, $should$ $be$ $semi$ $easy$ $to$ $find$.
    Well, I've tried, but also did not succeed (no surprise there because frankly I'm not sure what I was doing)
    I believe that code inside music app could be useful for dashboard apps like weather dashboard since there is no launching from lockscreen involved, just dashboard manipulation on the lock screen, same as music player dashboard.

btw. clickableWhenLocked is also mojo parameter?
    Last edited by chalx; 10/06/2012 at 08:10 PM.
  14.    #14  
    I've managed to redial from lockscreen notification, but dialer is hidden by lockscreen. Since I have 0 knowledge in programming is anyone willing to give me a hint how to activate screen unlock by pressing lockscreen notification.

Anyway, this is not related to Luna at all, so it could be moved to more apropriate subfoum.