Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chalx
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to disable pulsating card animation after app launch? While cards are great as multitasking objects, I think that card metafore on app launch is too intrusive. I allways liked how dialer on my Pre or Pixi would sometime just swipe upward without blinking card.
    Is there a way to trick luna and start all apps without popup card?
    k4ever likes this.
    just want to remove the pulsing icon?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    just want to remove the pulsing icon?
    that can be done by removing a PNG somewhere IIRC
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    that can be done by removing a PNG somewhere IIRC
    ah, thought it defaulted to the ugly green moon one if you did that.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    The OP means no minimized cards that turn full screen when launched. This sometimes happens if the app launches quick enough on the phone ( I have only seen this with the phone app, screen off app, and I think camera) also have seen it a lot with lunaCE launching new browser cards

Unlike the the OP, apps launching without card view drives me crazy. Without the card view first I have no way of knowing if a link I just opened is being stacked or not, or where its being opened (to the right of which app already running) I find myself backing out just to see. I feel so lost

But am I right to assume that if the device is fast enough we would never see card view
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    The OP means no minimized cards that turn full screen when launched. This sometimes happens if the app launches quick enough on the phone ( I have only seen this with the phone app, screen off app, and I think camera) also have seen it a lot with lunaCE launching new browser cards

Unlike the the OP, apps launching without card view drives me crazy. Without the card view first I have no way of knowing if a link I just opened is being stacked or not, or where its being opened (to the right of which app already running) I find myself backing out just to see. I feel so lost

But am I right to assume that if the device is fast enough we would never see card view
    You are right, That is what I asked. I understand some people like it way it is right now, popup card is somehow obsolete trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    You are right, That is what I asked. I understand some people like it way it is right now, popup card is somehow obsolete trick.
    I wouldn't say its obsolete. There are still many apps that take a while to load and would have you thinking nothing is happening if not for the pulsing card
    Another thing, at least on the phone I like the ability to change my mind and close the app before it becomes fullscreen. That's kinda cool in my opinion, but an option would be nice
    Last edited by laingman; 09/29/2012 at 07:29 PM.