Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    It'd be awesome to have something that would make the app row expandable, like being able to have multiple rows of apps on the home screen shortcuts, and being able to swipe those from side to side to have multiple 'pages' of shortcuts. Not unlike android multiple homescreens...

edit: LauncherCE has a nice ring to it!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    It'd be awesome to have something that would make the app row expandable, like being able to have multiple rows of apps on the home screen shortcuts, and being able to swipe those from side to side to have multiple 'pages' of shortcuts. Not unlike android multiple homescreens...

edit: LauncherCE has a nice ring to it!
    how about ability to stack icons/apps in the launcher and when tapped it expands, like in android. then no scrolling would be needed. or option to also scroll options are nice.
    AMR-1 and kevets like this.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    how about ability to stack icons/apps in the launcher and when tapped it expands, like in android. then no scrolling would be needed. or option to also scroll options are nice.
    I can't believe we didn't add popup folders to the launcher bar before JellyBean did. It is an extremely functional feature and I find it to be the only thing i notice wanting for when i go back and forth from my nexus7 to webOS.
    Just for everyone's information, remove Increase Touch Sensitivity by rmau patch for the 4.3.1 update. The new 'Fluid' gesture uses that file and LunaCE won't update until you remove that patch.

On that note, I do like Fluid Gesture, but I think Slide-15px works way better for me, feels more natural, where fluid you kinda have to keep your finger on the screen to continue actions, but it looks better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    This is what I needed to do for installation:

After installing alpha feeds and removing the pin code, I tried installing LunaCE, and it failed.

So I,

+ Removed the virtual keyboard, Restarted, RetriedLunaCE installation, Failed

+ Installed Palm LunaSysMgr, Restarted, Retried LunaCE, Success!

Did not have to reenter email account & skype accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Just for everyone's information, remove Increase Touch Sensitivity by rmau patch for the 4.3.1 update. The new 'Fluid' gesture uses that file and LunaCE won't update until you remove that patch.

On that note, I do like Fluid Gesture, but I think Slide-15px works way better for me, feels more natural, where fluid you kinda have to keep your finger on the screen to continue actions, but it looks better.
    could there be a sticky or other post somewhere that may contain a collection of other patches that would be best not to use due to lunaCE doing the same or similar to avoid a potential clash?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<

Is it possible to reinstall it afterwards? Or better to use buttah? Thanks

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Just some feedback on the fluid gesture option:

- In landscape mode, quickly typing certain letter combinations (e.g. l and m) triggers the 'up swipe' and minimizes the app.
    - Swiping up to activate the app drawer is hard to do.

Other than that, I think it's a great idea. I love being able to "preview" apps, in a sense, by dragging slowly in from the side. If it's not the app I want, I can change the direction of my swipe to prevent switching to that app. Very cool.

Edit: Seems that typing _any_ combination of letters very quickly will trigger the upswipe
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Regarding tabbed cards (with LunaCE 4.3.1)

The following seems to occur always when on tabbed view and when I have two or more stacked cards:

The second card from the top of the NEXT STACK on the right (even if its not contiguous), gets placed underneath the current tabbed cards. This does not happen on the last stack on the right.

Also, had only one luna restart so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Just for everyone's information, remove Increase Touch Sensitivity by rmau patch for the 4.3.1 update. The new 'Fluid' gesture uses that file and LunaCE won't update until you remove that patch......
    Also removal of the "Faster Card Animations HYPER Version" patch (org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-faster-card-animations-hyper-version_3.0.5-4_all.ipk) is needed for LunaCE 4.3.1 to install.
    I don't know how significant it is but after installing 4.3.1 "Remove Tap Ripple" did not seem to be working anymore. I uninstalled the patch and then reinstalled it and it's working fine again. Just fwiw.
    Quote Originally Posted by getsun View Post
    Regarding tabbed cards (with LunaCE 4.3.1)

The following seems to occur always when on tabbed view and when I have two or more stacked cards:

The second card from the top of the NEXT STACK on the right (even if its not contiguous), gets placed underneath the current tabbed cards. This does not happen on the last stack on the right.

Also, had only one luna restart so far.
    Yup. I'm seeing this too.
    Also, I had lockups when using the f15c kernel. After switching to UK, no lockups or restarts. F15c had been running really well for me until the UberLunah/LunaCE installs.
    So, just installed 4.3.2, and I've noticed that Fluid is very finicky with side bezel gestures in that if your swipe isn't acceptably slow, it minimizes the application. Also, when in the app tray menu thingy, swiping too quickly does the same thing, closing the tray, despite that speed being just fine for switching categories with either of the other two options. It also doesn't seem to be compatible with tabbed cards.

As a whole, though, awesome work so far! I look forward to even more nifty... webOS-ness... stuff.

Edit: It also might be worth mentioning that installing LunaCE clears Internet favorites and history.
    Last edited by Vortebo; 08/15/2012 at 10:29 PM.
    The ending has not yet been written.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortebo View Post
    So, just installed 4.3.2, and I've noticed that Fluid is very finicky with side bezel gestures in that if your swipe isn't acceptably slow, it minimizes the application. Also, when in the app tray menu thingy, swiping too quickly does the same thing, closing the tray, despite that speed being just fine for switching categories with either of the other two options. It also doesn't seem to be compatible with tabbed cards.
    Yes, the current incompatibility of fluid gestures and tabbed cards is noted in the help text in Tweaks.

Fluid is the most alpha of all the features that are currently being alpha tested.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rnp likes this.
    Yes, the current incompatibility of fluid gestures and tabbed cards is noted in the help text in Tweaks.

Fluid is the most alpha of all the features that are currently being alpha tested.

-- Rod
    Gah, sorry, I must have overlooked that. >.>
    The ending has not yet been written.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    technically you asked on IRC

(okay sorry back on topic)

for any of those that have been on the IRC channel, has an ETA any talk of testing been mentioned for arrow keys for alpha release? Just curious, since that's the one functionality I can't lose on my daily driver (I will go insane). I don't mind running an unstable build and helping with the alpha process, just can't lose this function, planning on loading on dev pad by next week either way.

(I haven't had time to get on the IRC channel at all)
    Would also like to know if arrows will be supported or if it is being tested.
    kill_dano likes this.
    I had to revert to stock after attempting to upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.3.2. It installed after the restart.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by sethron View Post
    I had to revert to stock after attempting to upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.3.2. It installed after the restart.
    Yes, upgrading was broken before 4.3.2 - from the next version after 4.3.2 it *should* work.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Yes, upgrading was broken before 4.3.2 - from the next version after 4.3.2 it *should* work.

-- Rod
    4.3.1 to 4.3.2 also fails for me here
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    4.3.1 to 4.3.2 also fails for me here
    That's what I just said. Upgrading to 4.3.2 from anything is broken. Upgrading *FROM* 4.3.2 to the next version may work.

-- Rod
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast