Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Is there a little video or guide somewhere that demonstrates each feature change? I'm fooling around with it and cant seem to get two cards in a single view.
    There's a funny trick to that. The screenshot was taken while swiping between two apps, I don't think that's actually a feature at the moment.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    oh really?
    I asked the same thing over in WIRC on release day. #FalseAdvertising
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I asked the same thing over in WIRC on release day. #FalseAdvertising
    technically you asked on IRC

(okay sorry back on topic)

for any of those that have been on the IRC channel, has an ETA any talk of testing been mentioned for arrow keys for alpha release? Just curious, since that's the one functionality I can't lose on my daily driver (I will go insane). I don't mind running an unstable build and helping with the alpha process, just can't lose this function, planning on loading on dev pad by next week either way.

(I haven't had time to get on the IRC channel at all)
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 08/14/2012 at 01:44 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    You know webos-ports ETA policy don't you?
    lol yes sir..... sorry shouldn't have asked for .... this has been fixed

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Not sure if this is a bug or not but the smiley face buttons on the keyboard are not working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug or not but the smiley face buttons on the keyboard are not working for me.
    Just to help with tracking it down.... did you have any custom keyboard layouts or themes before switching? Or was the KB stock?
    I had my themed keyboard installed, and it's still installed....with no issues, fyi. I'd like to see all those noses, aka "-" cut off as well. They call it wIRC on my TouchPad app ;p regardless if it's really called IRC. As for instabilities....I haven't noticed any. I have done a doctor, relatively recently, and just never got around to reinstalling a lot of patches I used to have, so I'm not missing much.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Sweetness! I can't wait till we can get our hands on the browser code - can you imagine card switchin browser tabs without fuzzyness? I tried compiling FireFox a couple of times and couldn't get the bits right...

So are some of the "make my TP faster" patches incorporated in LunaCE?
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Sweetness! I can't wait till we can get our hands on the browser code - can you imagine card switchin browser tabs without fuzzyness? I tried compiling FireFox a couple of times and couldn't get the bits right...

So are some of the "make my TP faster" patches incorporated in LunaCE?
    What patches are you referring to?
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    What patches are you referring to?
    Probably 'Buttah', 'Disk Cache Mod', etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Probably 'Buttah', 'Disk Cache Mod', etc.
    No, those aren't something covered by the new LSM binary. Aside from the FPS setting, which is now at 60 by default. As such it is recommended to use UberKernel for maximum performance.

Also fyi, Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness > Buttah.
    It works great for the Status Bar drop-down brightness setting.
    But, to get the lower minimum brightness settings for Settings>Screen & Lock>Brightness,
    I still had to install the "org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-reduce-minimum-brightness_3.0.5-9_all.ipk".
    Is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    It works great for the Status Bar drop-down brightness setting.
    But, to get the lower minimum brightness settings for Settings>Screen & Lock>Brightness,
    I still had to install the "org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-reduce-minimum-brightness_3.0.5-9_all.ipk".
    Is this normal?
    This is normal. Currently LunaCE only modifies the UI, the core apps (aka Screen & Lock) are unchanged.

Also, bold is not required.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Ok, all. After some help from the good folks at webOS-ports on the irc channel my accounts problem is fixed. Here is what you need to do if you have this issue:

1. Re-install/restore the Palm LunaSysMgr from Preware
    2. Reboot the TouchPad
    3. Remove all Synergy accounts except the default HP WebOS Account
    4. Install the latest version of UberLunah from Preware
    5. Reboot the TouchPad again
    6. Re-add all of your Synergy accounts with the correct login information
    7. Enjoy your email, Facebook pictures, Box.net files, and/or Skype integration again!
    well I had hoped that this would solve my issue with accounts but it seems as though it has not. I followed directions and have yet to get it working. I have tried emergency patch removal and all of the options via preware to restore things back to normal but still have issue with account credentials with normal una or lunaCE. I can't remember if i have lumberjack on the touchpad or not. My wife is using at the moment so I'm going to fiddle a bit more in a bit.
    Since LunaCE 4.x adds LUNA>STATUS BAR>ENABLE SEARCH ICON to Tweaks 3, is there a way we get an option added to Tweaks 3 that removes the homescreen Just type... bar?
    Or maybe a toggle for either the Just type... search bar or the Search icon in the Status Bar.
    It seems kind of redundant to have both search options available at the same time.

If this can't be done via LunaCE, can this somehow still be added as option in Tweaks 3?

For now, I just created this patch file that removes/hides the homescreen Just type... bar by moving/raising it up & off of the homescreen.

Code:
    Name: remove-homescreen-just-type-bar.patch
    Version: 3.0.5-1
    Author: WknThDg
    Description: Removes/hides the homescreen "Just type..." bar by moving/raising it up & off of the homescreen. Also, if using LunaCE 4.2.0 and having Tweaks 3 with LUNA>STATUS BAR>ENABLE SEARCH ICON set to "YES", it's redundant to have both search options available at the same time.

--- .orig/etc/palm/launcher3/layoutSettings.conf
    +++ /etc/palm/launcher3/layoutSettings.conf
    @@ -1,3 +1,5 @@
    +[Main]
    +searchPillTopOffsetFromStatusBar=-1
     [DoneButton]
     doneButtonTextVerticalPosAdjust=-3
     doneButtonHorizontalPositionAdjustPx=42
    \ No newline at end of file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WknThDg; 08/15/2012 at 01:41 AM.
    soooo, any advice on getting around the pin? I decided to set the pin to see if that would somehow affect my issue of accounts not keeping their credentials and in the process uninstalled lunaCE and now I've got incorrect password notice when trying to get in. doh!

this might be something to add to the checks when installing/uninstalling lunaCE. I know it checked when I initially wanted to install when 4.1 version came out. but it might be good for a check to happen if uninstalling too if that's possible.

anyways, is there any way to get around doctoring to get back in?

thanks in advance.

*edit* nevermind, got rid of the PIN via GMMan's instructions on another thread. I love this community!
    Last edited by kevhead; 08/15/2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: PIN problem solved
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    well I had hoped that this would solve my issue with accounts but it seems as though it has not. I followed directions and have yet to get it working. I have tried emergency patch removal and all of the options via preware to restore things back to normal but still have issue with account credentials with normal una or lunaCE. I can't remember if i have lumberjack on the touchpad or not. My wife is using at the moment so I'm going to fiddle a bit more in a bit.
    Same problem here. I thought it was working but it's not.