Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445
Like Tree179Likes
    it would be possible to do a back gesture that might work across a wide range of web apps, but it would by no means be guaranteed to work, depending on how the app handles the "back" function.

I'd be a fan of doing it the Playbook way, if it could be much more reliable than the Playbook way. :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    it would be possible to do a back gesture that might work across a wide range of web apps, but it would by no means be guaranteed to work, depending on how the app handles the "back" function.

I'd be a fan of doing it the Playbook way, if it could be much more reliable than the Playbook way. :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Wow! ............ cut

Two questions:
    - Is there a quertz keyboard somewhere (with trackball), and if so how do I enable it?
    ...............cut
    Not a quertz, but a qwertz can be enabled, goto regional settings, and add a language keyboard combination under auto-correction and keyboard.

easy peasy
    Last edited by horzel; 07/11/2014 at 04:38 AM. Reason: spell check
    That's where I looked but I couldn't find a qwertz keyboard. Tried again after reading your post and there it is. Unfortunately it has the Umlaute as seperate keys which I didn't like in the LunaCE version I used before. The keys become too narrow to use comfortably for me. I guess I'll stick with the standart qwerty keyboard. Thanks anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Wow! I guess I've been on a very old version of LunaCE all the time. I just completely wiped and set up my touchpad for the very first time since getting it in the firesale (!*), so I installed the latest LucaCE version and there are some very, very nice additions to it the old version I had. Most noticeably: the trackball instead of left/right arrows. Whoever came up with that: it's a blast!

What I had problems with was enabling a few features (side bezel gestures, custom carrier string (Palm webOS') in tweaks. I had to disable, Luna restart, enable, Luna restart for it being detected. Guess it's a tweaks issue though.

Two questions:
    - Is there a quertz keyboard somewhere (with trackball), and if so how do I enable it?
    - Seeing numerous gestures/gesture options, I was wondering if anybody came up with a 'back' gesture for LunaCE? In the readme there's a link to the webos-ports wiki, but that page was deleted unfortunately. The back buttons in different places in the various apps is handsdown the biggest drawback for me the touchpad has. I even have back a gesture in my android install on the touchpad!

(*)It's been perfectly stable in all the years, I just wanted to try the Touchpad Toolbox aswell as switch to a 'DataMedia' Android install to keep the two systems seperated better. Various android stuff, especially apps (installed and longtime uninstalled) were visible from within webOS, clattering the photos app and other places, never liked that.
    There is a "back" gesture in preware but ONLY for the (stock?) browser. Plus, haven't tried it with LunaCE 4.9. I'd assume that IF you wanted both then you would have to disable the gesture-switching options via tweaks (to avoid a conflict).

On a side note...

I had that "screen edge gesture option" preware on my TP before I got LunaCE. It's nice and all, but to me, LunaCE (and the ability to use screen-edge "gestures" to switch apps better captures the essence of webOS (and has more utility) than having a "back" gesture in just one app (the browser).
    The link to the testing feeds in de OP should be Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals