Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    the most important is broken EAS push. For some reason, few days after 3.0.5 installation EAS push fails and I have to check emails manually. I've doctored TP numerous times from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 and every time was the same. I gave up and stayed on 3.0.4. I've disabled update option. Other thing that bothered me was constant can't load webpage message. Also, FeedReader which is my no.1 app seems to updates much faster on 3.0.4...
    might just be wifi related, wasnt there a patch for 3.0.5 to use 3.0.4 wifi settings for some people who had issues?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    the most important is broken EAS push. For some reason, few days after 3.0.5 installation EAS push fails and I have to check emails manually. I've doctored TP numerous times from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 and every time was the same. I gave up and stayed on 3.0.4. I've disabled update option. Other thing that bothered me was constant can't load webpage message. Also, FeedReader which is my no.1 app seems to updates much faster on 3.0.4...
    Must be a very specific or isolated problem. I never had an issue with EAS push using 3.0.5.
    lock screen keeps asking for new password every now and then. Making the tablet very unsecure.. Anyone else has the same problem?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    lock screen keeps asking for new password every now and then. Making the tablet very unsecure.. Anyone else has the same problem?
    Are you dual booting? I get this sometimes when I return to webOS after being in CM9.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLives View Post
    Are you dual booting? I get this sometimes when I return to webOS after being in CM9.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4
    The prompt for new pin happens without rebooting from android. it can happen after the tablet goes to sleep for some time. The bad thing is that it does not prompt for old password. anyone can just enter a new pin to unlock the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Must be a very specific or isolated problem. I never had an issue with EAS push using 3.0.5.
    I think so. I also never heard anyone had EAS problem with 3.0.5. I'm ok with 3.0.4 so no big deal
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I'm having trouble enable alpha n beta feeds. I have LunaCE on 2 other touchpads but can't seem to enable feeds on new tab. tried dozens of times seem to be doing something wrong. any step by step post other then test feed page?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    The instructions on the test feed page always seem straightforward to me. I have 'forgotten' to remove preware before though which is kind of annoying - but easily solved.
    I had no problems enabling feeds last year on two other tabs I have and I don't know what I'm doing wrong or not doing according to instructions on web site. Do I have to restart after installing Preware before opening? Do I have to do anything else in Managing Feeds? I'm totally stuck with this after trying a couple dozen time to enable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    The instructions on the test feed page always seem straightforward to me. I have 'forgotten' to remove preware before though which is kind of annoying - but easily solved.
    I'm really stuck on this issue. I have enabled feeds on two different tabs last year with no problem but on this new one it just doesn't work. I don't know if I'm leaving something out in process but I followed web site instructions and tried many times without success.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    First - I assume Dev mode is on?

I think from memory the install is something like:
    1, Install Preware
    2, Install Xecutah (with Xterm & Xserver)
    3, remove Preware
    4, run the scripts from the webOS Internals page in Xecutah (no spelling mistakes)
    5, re-install Preware
    6, turn on the feeds in preware.

And it just works
    First - I assume Dev mode is on?

I think from memory the install is something like:
    1, Install Preware
    2, Install Xecutah (with Xterm & Xserver)
    3, remove Preware
    4, run the scripts from the webOS Internals page in Xecutah (no spelling mistakes)
    5, re-install Preware
    6, turn on the feeds in preware.

And it just works
    I thank you for your time and effort to help me with this problem but I still can't seem to enable feeds. Either I'm not entering the lines in the right place "I am spelling them correct" or I'm not doing something in the right order.
    Not to change subject but another problem I'm having with other tab is I reinstalled preware and it doesn't show any Available Packages to install anything????? Only what is already installed. Any help for a PC dummy would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Try reinstalling the Palm LunaSysMgr (in Preware), as described at the bottom of the first post. Then try the uberlunah install. It's saying that your current LunaSysMgr isn't in a factory condition.
    LunaSysMgr confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannan688 View Post
    LunaSysMgr confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    lunasysmgr will not install I have it on other tab but will not stay install ofter restart
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    jimzarc45

Without input from some of the guru's here I would (and yes I know it is not the right answer) just Doctor the ****** and start again from scratch.

Make sure you don't miss any steps and fingers crossed it will work.

I don't know what it could be as LunaSysMgr is a pretty standard install, but if there is a conflict here it may point to a more serious issue which could be why you're having these problems.

Was it a new pad, or bought online from a previous owner? Maybe they messed it up a little?!?!?
    jimzarc45

Without input from some of the guru's here I would (and yes I know it is not the right answer) just Doctor the ****** and start again from scratch.

Make sure you don't miss any steps and fingers crossed it will work.

I don't know what it could be as LunaSysMgr is a pretty standard install, but if there is a conflict here it may point to a more serious issue which could be why you're having these problems.

Was it a new pad, or bought online from a previous owner? Maybe they messed it up a little?!?!?
    Hi again n thank you for a reply.
    The one Tab where I can't enable feeds is NEW and I was frustrated enough to Doctor it n start over. This is my 3rd Tab two of which I can't get Lunasysmgr to install. The other Tab with the problem of Preware not showing Available Packages when opened was NEW and everything working fine with LunaCE 4.9.10 until I reinstalled Preware. This one Tab has Lunasystem installed n I'm afraid to uninstall anything because I don't have Available Packages to re-install if I need too. Other then that Tab works fine.As for the first problem let me give you a run down of what I did. My problem just might be when putting in cmd line.

Startup Tab- Devmode -- startup WOQI-re-installnovacom-open cmd line n here's my confusion:
    Do I put in each command separate n hit enter? --D I put in both commands on same line n hit enter? -- Do I put second command on line below first n hit enter?
    then go back to WOQI window n install Preware n restart.

I tried all different possibilities with not success. I look at this as a frustrating challenge because I had no problems doing all this on first two Tabs a year ago but I don't remember how I succeeded.
    I also Tried with Xecutah n failed to enable feeds. I there something I need to install before enabling feeds or maybe uninstall.
    Last edited by jimzarc45; 08/29/2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: adding more info
    <bangs head against wall> I can't get wave launcher to work. I even upgraded to 4.9.10 from the alpha feeds and tweaks is 3.0.1. TP is 3.0.5. I've ticked everything to off and Luna restarted then only enabled wave launcher and then restarted Luna and...nothing. Am I missing something?

EDIT: quite haphazardly I found that the wave launcher is accessed from the far corners and not anywhere in the middle...duh.
    Last edited by alanmorford; 09/12/2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: duh
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I really enjoy using LunaCE 4.9.10 on the TouchPad.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that the TouchPad 4G is not supported, and neither is the TouchPad Go.

-- Rod
    This is stated in the 1st posting from Rod.
    Is this still the situation for the TouchPad Go?
    Or has anyone been successful with running latest LunaCE 4.9.10 also on a TouchPad Go.
    If not - what would be the risk to try it out?

BTW - are there any plans to release LunaCE 4.9.10 as regular app/patch in Preware ?
    Any plans for adding new stuff on top of LunaCE 4.9.10 ?

Anyway - thanks to all who contributed to it !
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I really enjoy using LunaCE 4.9.10 on the TouchPad.

This is stated in the 1st posting from Rod.
    Is this still the situation for the TouchPad Go?
    Or has anyone been successful with running latest LunaCE 4.9.10 also on a TouchPad Go.
    If not - what would be the risk to try it out?

BTW - are there any plans to release LunaCE 4.9.10 as regular app/patch in Preware ?
    Any plans for adding new stuff on top of LunaCE 4.9.10 ?

Anyway - thanks to all who contributed to it !
    For a Superscript TouchPad Go should it be possible. I can remember, that I've read something in another thread about. Herrie or one of the other should know it.
    On an native TPgo it doesn't work, even more worse: you can get a bootloop.
    I've got whether the time nor the skills to create this Superscript doctor. :-( :'(
    Wow! I guess I've been on a very old version of LunaCE all the time. I just completely wiped and set up my touchpad for the very first time since getting it in the firesale (!*), so I installed the latest LucaCE version and there are some very, very nice additions to it the old version I had. Most noticeably: the trackball instead of left/right arrows. Whoever came up with that: it's a blast!

What I had problems with was enabling a few features (side bezel gestures, custom carrier string (Palm webOS') in tweaks. I had to disable, Luna restart, enable, Luna restart for it being detected. Guess it's a tweaks issue though.

Two questions:
    - Is there a quertz keyboard somewhere (with trackball), and if so how do I enable it?
    - Seeing numerous gestures/gesture options, I was wondering if anybody came up with a 'back' gesture for LunaCE? In the readme there's a link to the webos-ports wiki, but that page was deleted unfortunately. The back buttons in different places in the various apps is handsdown the biggest drawback for me the touchpad has. I even have back a gesture in my android install on the touchpad!

(*)It's been perfectly stable in all the years, I just wanted to try the Touchpad Toolbox aswell as switch to a 'DataMedia' Android install to keep the two systems seperated better. Various android stuff, especially apps (installed and longtime uninstalled) were visible from within webOS, clattering the photos app and other places, never liked that.
    Last edited by DocJones; 07/07/2014 at 06:17 PM.