Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Things are happening, both at LG and Ports, but they have different aims. Ports cannot give any ETA but the Alpha 2 posted on Youtube showed clear progress over Alpha 1, but they could surely use help in just getting apps, synergy connectors etc developed.
    That's the problem. Know How has gone. I'm whether developer nor I've got time to learn the abilities. I'm just consumer :-(
    Actually both the official Open webOS GitHub and the Ports GitHub have daily commits.
    Do you have the links handy? I would like to follow their progress...
    Thanks in advance.

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Do you have the links handy? I would like to follow their progress...
    Thanks in advance.

Vas
    Sure, please be aware that some of the repositories have multiple branches and work is often happening in a branch instead of in the "master"

WebOS Ports:
    https://github.com/webOS-ports

Open webOS:
    https://github.com/openwebos/
    RumoredNow and Dsquare like this.
    I miss webOS :-(

Sent from my SGS3 using Xparent blue Tapatalk
    ĦṔ-Ḷ°ěṫ-Ŧḯěη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    MDsmartphone likes this.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadavis08 View Post

Still using it ;-)

Webos misses you, give up the plastic backed fone and return to us!

LOOT!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Glad to see people still in the forums. Equally glad project is not dead.

Long live WebOS!!!
    I've been holding off on installing LunaCE, so my question is whether it's usable and stable enough for my daily driver TP, or is it too flakey to depend on right now?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre│ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre│ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I've been holding off on installing LunaCE, so my question is whether it's usable and stable enough for my daily driver TP, or is it too flakey to depend on right now?
    Very usable and stable but most important very fun to use. I have been running it for about 6 months.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    As the previous poster said, it's very stable. I've been using the latest alpha since it was released, with virtually zero issues. I've gotten so used to it that when I pick up my wife's stock Touchpad, it feels weird.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Yes even the 4.9.12 alpha is very stable. I only noticed 1 or 2 graphical glitches on very rare occasions but that's about it. Rockstable as the standard Luna just a lot of added nice features!
    I've been running the alpha since it dropped, I think I am still up to date but haven't checked in a while. Use the TP pretty much daily.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Running LunaCE 4.9.5, the last from Beta feeds here. Nice work. Still, it would be nice if we could have at least the latest Version (4.9.x??) released.
    But hey, maybe we get WebOS on a Galaxy Tab soon *coff,coff*, then it would be easy to switch, wouldn't it? *coffs a bit more*
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Running LunaCE 4.9.5, the last from Beta feeds here. Nice work. Still, it would be nice if we could have at least the latest Version (4.9.x??) released.
    But hey, maybe we get WebOS on a Galaxy Tab soon *coff,coff*, then it would be easy to switch, wouldn't it? *coffs a bit more*
    4.9.5 is latest released Beta. 4.9.10 is latest released Alpha in the feeds.

4.9.12 Alpha is available on GitHub as binary but not in the feeds. I'll have a word with the Ports team to see if we can change something about that. Maybe bump 4.9.12 to latest Alpha or put it in the "live" feed
    WknThDg and renater like this.
    4.9.12 Alpha is available on GitHub as binary but not in the feeds. I'll have a word with the Ports team to see if we can change something about that. Maybe bump 4.9.12 to latest Alpha or put it in the "live" feed
    So I tested the md5sum of the LunaSysMgr for 4.9.10 and 4.9.12 from github (below), they are the same... Even the build tag says 4.9.10 not 4.9.12, So is your 4.9.12 really just 4.9.10?

https://github.com/woce/LunaSysMgr-b...bin/LunaSysMgr
    So I tested the md5sum of the LunaSysMgr for 4.9.10 and 4.9.12 from github (below), they are the same... Even the build tag says 4.9.10 not 4.9.12, So is your 4.9.12 really just 4.9.10?

https://github.com/woce/LunaSysMgr-b...bin/LunaSysMgr
    Could be didn't check that to be honest.... Though I recall that ShiftyAxel (or Rod don't recall been a while already) said that 4.9.12 was out there.... Could be just labeling let me confirm later...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/02/2013 at 10:12 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    My biggest problem with LunaCE was in fact prerequisite of WOS 3.0.5 which I hated so I reverted to 3.0.4 and now everything works fine again (fine in webOS sense of that word)

Honestly I don't, I mean I do if it had really been developed over the last 2 years.... This cat is happy he didn't fall to Android or iOS. I swipe all day long, could have a PKB if I wanted, have an amazing camera, I just miss my inductive charging. Android and WP couldn't get me just because of inductive, TP still spends most of its time booted to webOS. Sorry you made the wrong choice brother
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    My biggest problem with LunaCE was in fact prerequisite of WOS 3.0.5 which I hated so I reverted to 3.0.4 and now everything works fine again (fine in webOS sense of that word)
    What about 3.0.5 did you find so unbearable?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre│ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre│ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    What about 3.0.5 did you find so unbearable?
    the most important is broken EAS push. For some reason, few days after 3.0.5 installation EAS push fails and I have to check emails manually. I've doctored TP numerous times from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 and every time was the same. I gave up and stayed on 3.0.4. I've disabled update option. Other thing that bothered me was constant can't load webpage message. Also, FeedReader which is my no.1 app seems to updates much faster on 3.0.4...