Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Alright WOW, Lots of stuff to get into on this LunaCE. I love it. wish some of this stuff could go onto the phone.
    So after playing around with everything I have only found one weird thing that happened.

I open up a couple stacks with about 3 cards in each stack. Swiping to bring up the other two in the side by side view like in windows kinda and for some reason it shows a Card from the other stack in the background.

Check out picture below on what it looks like.

Thanks for the hard work.

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have had the same weird thing happen to me.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    I realize that the "Dashboard Clock Widget" shown on "LunaCE APIs - WebOS-Ports" is just to show a "proof of concept" example.
    But is this Dashboard Clock Widget (or something like it) for LunaCE available for download anywhere?
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Not that I know of. It's a shame that so few devs have taken advantage of the taller notifications in LunaCE...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Not that I know of. It's a shame that so few devs have taken advantage of the taller notifications in LunaCE...
    I really had intended to (considering that I did the bulk of the work in getting it that idea started, it was for my purposes to begin with!) but unfortunately, my Enyo implementation of it just doesn't work right, and I haven't had time to go through and fix it. I really thought things would be more stable for me to do some outside work from my regular job, by now, but then my regular job got all shook up
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Besides the added benefits of the taller notifications in LunaCE, have the developers who still are maybe playing around LunaCE(if there are any left)..haven't consider building 'Notification Center' like on Android into the community edition of WebOS 3.0.5 of LunaCE ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Besides the added benefits of the taller notifications in LunaCE, have the developers who still are maybe playing around LunaCE(if there are any left)..haven't consider building 'Notification Center' like on Android into the community edition of WebOS 3.0.5 of LunaCE ?
    What do you like the about the Android notification center? Last time I checked I wasn't impressed? Or we must be talking about different things? Any screenshots?

Last edited by Herrie; 04/04/2013 at 02:26 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I really don't like the Notification Center on Android.

What is an option though is that some notifications in LunaCE could get a few quick actions. You know, like when you get a Skype call (in Luna and LunaCE) you can directly answer it or not. Maybe something along those line for third party apps that make use of LunaCE (for instance, a button to directly reply to something).
    cujoq37 and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I really don't like the Notification Center on Android.

What is an option though is that some notifications in LunaCE could get a few quick actions. You know, like when you get a Skype call (in Luna and LunaCE) you can directly answer it or not. Maybe something along those line for third party apps that make use of LunaCE (for instance, a button to directly reply to something).
    I was suggesting the Notification Center(like on Android or iOS 6) cause it will be easier to have all your old and new messages in one centralized area to read and delete them all. Plus, it could help a lot specially if a user accidentally swipes a notification message off....the user could easily find it within the menu of the Notification Center. Also something like Quick Reply actions could sound even sweeter, allowing you to multitask easier and quicker without having to open an app entirely to reply to message or email...
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I don't think the mail aspect of Android's notifications are as good as webOS'. Although you have quick action buttons, they go away when there are multiple messages. And you don't even get to see what the messages are when there's more than one. The buttons shouldn't be very hard to implement in webOS. A quick reply can just be a popup, or even the full reply card (since it's one card per composition anyway).
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLives View Post
    I have had the same weird thing happen to me.

I have had this too. Seemed to go away after a restart. Possible that just restarting Luna would have fixed it.
    The pivot tracker link in the first page is no longer available.

Also would like to make a suggestion: Can someone make the left-right-top-bottom swipe gestures customizable? Add more option for their functions in drop down menu.
    where did LunaCE go? I cannot find it in Preware. Have the Alpha/Beta feeds enabled and turned on and still don't see it. All I see is the recovery installer and I don't need that. Recently had to doctor the Touchpad and was in the process of reinstalling. Had it before, would love it have it again.

EDIT: Found it!! Restored Preware before I updated SaveRestore. Really depend on my Touchpad. Really needed to get it back up and running but just trying to focus on too many things at once.
    Last edited by kwall; 07/02/2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Is the Luna project still going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    Is the Luna project still going on?
    There may be one or two developers poking at it... Most of the heavy lifting is concentrated over at WebOS Ports trying to get Open webOS running on Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    There may be one or two developers poking at it... Most of the heavy lifting is concentrated over at WebOS Ports trying to get Open webOS running on Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7...
    I think we can consider the development of LunaCE dead at this point in time. No updates have been made in the past 9 or so months, the last Alpha 4.9.12 wasn't even pushed to the feeds, but is available as binary on GitHub.

ShiftyAxel who was the main developer for LunaCE has been caught up with lots of real life stuff lately as it seems so he hasn't been around much in Ports either. He was the main guy working on the apps for Ports.

Currently there's a small die hard core of developers (about a handful) working on the core of webOS Ports Open webOS release. They're mainly focusing on a lot of high level things that will put the project into better shape going forward. Lots of help is still required to develop apps etc, so anyone willing to help is free to step in!
    Its not better with open webOS itself. If I can read commit stats it's pretty abandoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Its not better with open webOS itself. If I can read commit stats it's pretty abandoned.
    Actually both the official Open webOS GitHub and the Ports GitHub have daily commits.

It was quiet for a while after LG took over, but commits seem to get more frequent (though still no blog updates even though they were said to come already a number of times).

A lot of promised items from last years blogs are still pending (I'm quite sure a lot of them are being worked on internally @ LG however they haven't pushed things out to public GitHub yet). They're crushing a lot of bugs lately, commits seem to have proper commit information etc, so it seems like they're working on the quality.

Ports guys are just working hard on the foundations to be able to use best of open source available. Use bits from Android, Ubuntu Touch, Mer/Sailfish/Jolla where possible instead of reinventing the wheel. Ideally this would lead to a similar situation as Cyanogenmod for Android where it would be possible to port to pretty much every possible Android device out there.... They're also trying to get rid of a lot of the bulky and legacy Palm code that just doesn't perform optimal. Technology advances QT5 offers a lot of enhancements over QT4 so a lot of "hacks" that were required in the past might not be necessary anymore now etc
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    @ Herrie This sounds good, but on the other side a lot of developers and customers left the platform. If nothing will happenings this year, webOS and open webOS will die :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    @ Herrie This sounds good, but on the other side a lot of developers and customers left the platform. If nothing will happenings this year, webOS and open webOS will die :-(
    Things are happening, both at LG and Ports, but they have different aims. Ports cannot give any ETA but the Alpha 2 posted on Youtube showed clear progress over Alpha 1, but they could surely use help in just getting apps, synergy connectors etc developed.