webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > LunaCE 4.x
LunaCE 4.x
Like Tree179Likes

Old 02/08/2013, 02:42 AM   #801 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
You forgot to add the LunaCE feed.
??? didn't read about it

where is the feed?
grummel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: gizmo21
Old 02/08/2013, 07:06 AM   #802 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grummel2005 View Post
i would like to install LUNA CE as well on my touch pad and have a problem

i deleted preware 1.9.12
i "installed" the feeds for beta and alpha feeds
i installed preware 1.9.10
i switched ON all the beta and alpha feeds
i updated preware to 1.9.12

problem now
i cannot find LUNA CE

how can i find it?

thx for help!!
it should be listed in Available Other\OS Application\User Interface
TUFF Stough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 08:42 AM   #803 (permalink)

thx a lot
but meanwhile i found it there too
but via search i could't find it ...
grummel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 10:09 PM   #804 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grummel2005 View Post
thx a lot
but meanwhile i found it there too
but via search i could't find it ...
Maybe because you search for Luna CE, while the correct name is LunaCE (without space).
TUFF Stough is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by gizmo21, grummel2005
Old 02/09/2013, 02:39 AM   #805 (permalink)

Follow the guide on post 1
check
Installed and used LunaCE
check
Damn that is awesome
CHECK!

Makes my donation to webOS internals even MORE justified CHECK!!

Loving the work guys, so glad I came back to webOS after being out in the cold for over a year.

Thanks,

Barry
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 01:47 AM   #806 (permalink)

Hi
How do I autostart a widget? I have the batery widget and the weather widget and I have to manually start them each time I reboot
Thx
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 12:01 PM   #807 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
Hi
How do I autostart a widget? I have the batery widget and the weather widget and I have to manually start them each time I reboot
Thx
Custom Startup Some Apps

doesnt work with the "new" weather widget, only garrets old/original one, the best solution for what you want is either asking the devs of said apps to add an option for the app to launch straight to dashboard rather than opening a card and requiring you to toss it away or press a button to get it into the notification area.

that or as dkirker mentioned in the thread i linked, wait and see if a clever dev can create a custom app startup manager, but again unless the original app devs add in that option to silently launch to dashboard, even if you got the incredibly useful app startup manager they would all just spurt tons of open cards on bootup (ive tried using my method in the linked thread, and i semi failed trying to alter the apps myself, got some into dash but basically broke the app doing it), so could make the startup a bit messy after a reboot.

i suppose tis a bit of a choke factor atm, soem devs including garret are making some top apps/patches of late, some good ones already i want autostarting and likely more in the future and its a bit of a chore launching them all manually and tossing their cards away to leave them in the notification area, so the issues i mention above id really love to see happen 1 day even if its only realistic on open webOS.
Old 02/16/2013, 05:04 PM   #808 (permalink)

Had same problem as others when installing in that it said I did not have the correct version of WebOS installed (which I did!) so I ran the "Palm LunaSysMgr" and all worked well (didn't have to remove any patches or change any settings. I have been running it for about 2 weeks and it is really an improvement over standard WebOS. The few "problems" I have discovered so far:
1) had some problems with "project Macaw" were it would lock up when I hit the refresh button (pre-version 1.3.6), but latest version seems to be stable)
2) "wave" launch bar has some difficulty starting and I really have to emphasize the swipe up motion.
3) lost back,fwd,etc gestures in advanced launcher. I have all the LunaCE tweeks turned so this may be reason. Need to play around with this some more.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 03/16/2013, 12:09 PM   #809 (permalink)

I have a couple questions. First off let me state that I have not installed any version of LunaCE yet having only recently found this thread. I have read the entire thread and I am quite impressed with the work that has been done so far.

As I understand it, v 4.9.5 beta has been in feature freeze for quite some time, in theory only getting bug fixes while the alpha feed continues to add new features. Has there been any bugs reported or fixed in 4.9.5 that would require a bump in version number or has development frozen and 4.9.5 beta is as close to a stable release as we have right now?
jbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2013, 12:17 PM   #810 (permalink)

You know I said a couple questions, the other question would be what version should I install? I am not afraid of alpha software and I am willing to have to doctor my device to fix it if I have to, but I would rather not have to do that. Are the changes in the alpha versions compelling enough to pick that? Did bug fixes for 4.9.5 get rolled into the alpha feed and not back ported to the beta feed?
Old 03/16/2013, 12:30 PM   #811 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbates View Post
I have a couple questions. First off let me state that I have not installed any version of LunaCE yet having only recently found this thread. I have read the entire thread and I am quite impressed with the work that has been done so far.

As I understand it, v 4.9.5 beta has been in feature freeze for quite some time, in theory only getting bug fixes while the alpha feed continues to add new features. Has there been any bugs reported or fixed in 4.9.5 that would require a bump in version number or has development frozen and 4.9.5 beta is as close to a stable release as we have right now?
If you enable the feeds and read the changelogs that should answer many of your initial questions about bug fixes.

I've been running 4.9.5 for some time and have found no stability issues. I'm not qualified for Alpha and don't try to fool myself that I am.

It's my impression that LunaCE development is on a bit of a hiatus as Internals members work on Open Source and porting.

Quote:
You know I said a couple questions, the other question would be what version should I install? I am not afraid of alpha software and I am willing to have to doctor my device to fix it if I have to, but I would rather not have to do that. Are the changes in the alpha versions compelling enough to pick that? Did bug fixes for 4.9.5 get rolled into the alpha feed and not back ported to the beta feed?
As you noted by reading this thread - the big advance in 4.9.10 is the virtual trackball. Sounds great. I'm waiting for that to hit Beta. Maybe sometime soon...

Last edited by RumoredNow; 03/16/2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Opps - wrong v #
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2013, 12:35 PM   #812 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I use 4.9.10 with trackball for over a month now without Probst.

I just would like to have .de as first TLD in URL keyboard. is that changeable?

-

Last edited by gizmo21; 03/18/2013 at 01:37 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2013, 12:54 PM   #813 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

4.9.10 is rock solid here. Been running it for months now. The virtual trackball is really awesome too, I use it all the time and when I'm on my Android phone I constantly try to use it only to realize it's not there lol.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2013, 01:50 PM   #814 (permalink)

Quote:
4.9.10 is rock solid here. Been running it for months now. The virtual trackball is really awesome too, I use it all the time and when I'm on my Android phone I constantly try to use it only to realize it's not there lol.
I hate the stock CM9 keyboard. I really miss the number row.

I am torn about which version now. I really like the idea of the trackball but I think the arrow keys would be more useful / easier to operate.
Liked by Mutoidi likes this.
Old 03/17/2013, 12:54 AM   #815 (permalink)

Quote:
I hate the stock CM9 keyboard. I really miss the number row.

I am torn about which version now. I really like the idea of the trackball but I think the arrow keys would be more useful / easier to operate.
Yes - I'm staying with 4.9.5 - I much prefer the arrows too.. and really dislike the forced browser 'tabbing' etc in 4.9.10.
Development ideas are good - but so also would be a proportionate increase in the Luna 'options' in 'Tweaks', so that 'the user' can then actually choose whether to USE them, or not!!
That, so far, does not appear to be the case.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2013, 05:16 AM   #816 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
Yes - I'm staying with 4.9.5 - I much prefer the arrows too.. and really dislike the forced browser 'tabbing' etc in 4.9.10.
Development ideas are good - but so also would be a proportionate increase in the Luna 'options' in 'Tweaks', so that 'the user' can then actually choose whether to USE them, or not!!

You can disable the tabbing via Tweaks so what the hell are you talking about?
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by gizmo21 likes this.
Old 03/18/2013, 09:09 AM   #817 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post

Gotta say that you should take the plunge. It took me a while to get used to the trackball after loving the arrows, but now it is second nature. The only issue I have is, when I use my Nexus 7 the keyboard is awful to use!

You can always roll it back if you don't get on with it.
MikeN68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2013, 10:12 AM   #818 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
Gotta say that you should take the plunge. It took me a while to get used to the trackball after loving the arrows, but now it is second nature. The only issue I have is, when I use my Nexus 7 the keyboard is awful to use!

You can always roll it back if you don't get on with it.
No, really.. I already 'took the plunge' - as soon as it hit the feeds!
I tried to live with it for about a month and then rolled back.. the machine gun rattle/action of 'track-ball' for instance, I found far less preferable to that of plain 'arrows'!

Would it be possible to also DEcrease the time delay between actually hitting 'Caps' and the 'Capital' registering? *Maybe* my fingers, but I too often write an 'i' instead of an 'I' thus, I suspect.
Also is anyone else ever finding that 'c' 'v' 'b' and 'n' in particular, sometimes display a blank space in place of themselves?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/18/2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03/18/2013, 10:27 AM   #819 (permalink)

Quote:
You can disable the tabbing via Tweaks so what the hell are you talking about?
[(If ever I do go back to 4.9.10, I will revisit 'Tweaks' - and try to disable the hell out off 'Tabbing' then.. that's for sure!
Maybe that Tweak has been added since I first used it, in which case, my apologies!)]

Old 03/18/2013, 04:39 PM   #820 (permalink)

Just downloading and am going to give a spin, I haven't been this excited for webOS in 3 years,
Greg Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0