webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > LunaCE 4.x
LunaCE 4.x
Like Tree179Likes

Old 12/24/2012, 11:21 PM   #781 (permalink)

Just confirming: I can safely readd a pin lock to my TouchPad after installing LunaCE as long as I remove it anytime I am about to do any updates to LunaCE? I just went to the Screen/Lock settings and it let me readd it and seems to be working correctly.
Old 12/25/2012, 12:11 AM   #782 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
Just confirming: I can safely readd a pin lock to my TouchPad after installing LunaCE as long as I remove it anytime I am about to do any updates to LunaCE? I just went to the Screen/Lock settings and it let me readd it and seems to be working correctly.
Yes. Just remember to remove PIN lock before you remove LunaCE so you won't have to enter all your credentials again. Standard Luna and webOS CE use different algorithms for storing PIN.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: cbosdell
Old 01/10/2013, 07:40 AM   #783 (permalink)

Installed LunaCE and Tweaks3. When I activate a Tweak, I get "Configuration could not be saved since the service returned and error" Have I missed a step?
Old 01/10/2013, 08:24 AM   #784 (permalink)

Got it installed. I had to go back to WOSQI to find and install service. Looks great now, exploring Tweaks.
Old 01/30/2013, 04:25 PM   #785 (permalink)

I'm having a strange issue, followed instructions to install Luna CE by enabling Alpha/Beta feeds in preware by following instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals, installation of Luna CE is successfull, restarted the TP, installed tweaks 3.0.1 and again restarted TP. But when I open Tweaks, it says 'There are no tweaks applicable' on the right side & the left side menu shows zero tweaks for every section.

Does any body know what the real problem is?
Old 01/30/2013, 06:04 PM   #786 (permalink)

I would suggest installing luna recovery (sorry that might not be the right name), then reinstall CE with tweaks installed.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2013, 06:19 PM   #787 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
I would suggest installing luna recovery (sorry that might not be the right name), then reinstall CE with tweaks installed.
Never mind, i sorted it out immediately, i should have held myself back from posting my previous post, but anxiety(of using wonderful features) got better of me any way thanks for your response and a BIG BIG THANKS to all hard working developers whose constant efforts making people stick to webos still
Old 01/31/2013, 09:11 AM   #788 (permalink)

awesome, glad you got it sorted
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 06:23 PM   #789 (permalink)

Could use some help. I've followed the instructions and have WOCE feed activated and turned on. But when I search for LunaCE in Preware all I find are the following: Palm LunaSysMgr, Luna Manager, Luna and PopLater for LunaCE. I also have Tweaks v3.0.1 installed and there are no tweaks listed for Luna. I would appreciate some help so I too can enjoy LunaCE. What have I missed?

Thanks in advance.
qbenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 07:50 PM   #790 (permalink)

Did you enable beta feeds?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Thanked By: qbenguy
Old 02/03/2013, 09:57 PM   #791 (permalink)

WOCE feeds is enabled in preware. Is that the same as beta feeds?
Old 02/03/2013, 11:06 PM   #792 (permalink)

There are separate branches of Preware feeds. Each branch usually have stable, alpha, and beta subbranches. You'll need to add the beta marker for beta subbranches to show up in feeds management. Then you can enable it and find LunaCE.
Old 02/03/2013, 11:17 PM   #793 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
There are separate branches of Preware feeds. Each branch usually have stable, alpha, and beta subbranches. You'll need to add the beta marker for beta subbranches to show up in feeds management. Then you can enable it and find LunaCE.
I thought the wiki instructions for enabling beta feeds was all I needed to do. Sounds like there's more. How can I go about adding the beta markers?

Thanks.
Old 02/03/2013, 11:18 PM   #794 (permalink)

Did you reinstall Preware after you put in the beta flag? Did you also enable the beta feeds in Preware's Feeds Manager? For the sake of completeness, what device is it you're running and what webOS version?
Old 02/04/2013, 02:17 AM   #795 (permalink)

Quote:
Rules that you must agree to before using these feeds

Before you use our testing feeds, please read and agree to the following rules:

1. Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha or beta testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their device at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.
2. They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.
3. They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.
4. They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.
5. They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.
6. They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.
7. They will never post the raw testing feed URLs or instructions anywhere, but will always refer others directly to this page using only the URL "http://testing.preware.org/"
8. When asking for help, they will include the phrase (which may change occasionally) "I've read the rules". Failure to include the phrase will result in the request for help being silently ignored.

If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.

If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha or beta testing.

Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.
see rule# 7.

Last edited by TUFF Stough; 02/04/2013 at 08:21 PM.
TUFF Stough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 09:10 AM   #796 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
see rule# 7.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. In seeking help I inadvertently overlooked that rule and sincerely apologize to everyone. As you can see I deleted my post and will withdraw from seeking any further assistance.

GMMan thanks again for replying to my original post and for your advice and help. It's appreciated.
Old 02/04/2013, 11:34 AM   #797 (permalink)

Don't worry about it. Here we care about people getting the most out of their webOS device. Just realize the instructions should only be linked to. You're still eligible for getting your questions answered.
Old 02/07/2013, 02:33 PM   #798 (permalink)

i would like to install LUNA CE as well on my touch pad and have a problem

i deleted preware 1.9.12
i "installed" the feeds for beta and alpha feeds
i installed preware 1.9.10
i switched ON all the beta and alpha feeds
i updated preware to 1.9.12

problem now
i cannot find LUNA CE

how can i find it?

thx for help!!

Last edited by grummel2005; 02/07/2013 at 02:50 PM.
grummel2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 03:30 PM   #799 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You forgot to add the LunaCE feed.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 10:40 PM   #800 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Don't worry about it. Here we care about people getting the most out of their webOS device. Just realize the instructions should only be linked to. You're still eligible for getting your questions answered.
Thanks I appreciate your response. I'm not sure how I overlooked that I should've only linked the instructions. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm missing or doing wrong to be able to add LunaCE.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0