Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    For those (i.e. me) waiting till a beta (or final) release, can anyone give an overview what new features this Uberlunah contains?

And will it also be required to remove PIN in beta/stable releases? That would require me to remove and re-add my complete exchange account :/
    Most likely yes. The encryption method for storing the PIN has changed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the "Palm LunaSysMgr" package in Preware states, that this installs the "official webOS 3.0.5 LunaSysMgr from Palm".
    I know this is a rescue if anything goes wrong. But - (and here it comes) - atm I have WebOS 3.0.4 installed on my Touchpad. In Europe 3.0.5 was never delivered.
    Does this mean I can't use the package if I decide to test and need to reset? Or is the package compatible with webOS 3.0.4 anyways?

Sorry again if that's dumb in any way
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    How do you turn on the different keyboards?
    Just use the "Regional Settings" app.

For those (i.e. me) waiting till a beta (or final) release, can anyone give an overview what new features this Uberlunah contains?/
    Just look at the package description of UberLunah in Preware.

And will it also be required to remove PIN in beta/stable releases? That would require me to remove and re-add my complete exchange account :/
    PIN (used for screen unlock) != Synergy account passwords
    Also, after you've installed UberLunah you can set a new PIN (used for screen unlock).

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    I know this is a rescue if anything goes wrong. But - (and here it comes) - atm I have WebOS 3.0.4 installed on my Touchpad. In Europe 3.0.5 was never delivered.
    I'm pretty sure 3.0.5 *was* delivered in Europe.
    If you didn't get the OTA update, you can doctor your device: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Does this mean I can't use the package if I decide to test and need to reset? Or is the package compatible with webOS 3.0.4 anyways?
    I wouldn't test this on 3.0.4 (and UberLunah will probably refuse to install anyway).
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    ...I'm pretty sure 3.0.5 *was* delivered in Europe.
    If you didn't get the OTA update, you can doctor your device: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Uuups ... lol ... thanks. So long ago, I had to doctor my Touchpad, I still had 3.0.4 in my head. Actually 3.0.5 is installed.
    At least I was right in one respect: it WAS a dumb question

Thanks again
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    I just updated to 4.1.1 and couldn't sign into several of my accounts. I removed and re-added the accounts and they're working fine.

EDIT: Until I rebooted. Now I have to sign into all of my accounts again. My work Exchange account is really messed up. When I click to edit the account it opens a blank screen. I can't edit it or remove it.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 08/13/2012 at 07:43 AM.
    UberLunah, love it! Can't wait to give it a go. Thanks webOS Internals!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I just updated to 4.1.1 and couldn't sign into several of my accounts. I removed and re-added the accounts and they're working fine.

EDIT: Until I rebooted. Now I have to sign into all of my accounts again. My work Exchange account is really messed up. When I click to edit the account it opens a blank screen. I can't edit it or remove it.
    I'm currenty looking into a similar issue.
    Do you know how to use novaterm or Lumberjack?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I'm currenty looking into a similar issue.
    Do you know how to use novaterm or Lumberjack?
    Yep
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Zahid,

Please join us on the IRC channel?
    Will do tonight (California time). Thanks!
    Great!!

But... now, that I sold my Touchpad?

Two doubts:

=> There is some surprise to phones in the way? (Ok, ok... I know... is just a hope! )

=> It's possible add the official brazilian keyboard (ABNT2)?

Thanks in advanced...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I'm getting some wonky behavior with the side swipe card switch gesture, where the content of the card is rotated for a minute before straightening out. This will even happen if there aren't any other cards to switch to; the current card's content pane will be rotated for a split sec. Seems to happen particularly when attempting the gesture twice in rapid succession.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    I'm getting some wonky behavior with the side swipe card switch gesture, where the content of the card is rotated for a minute before straightening out. This will even happen if there aren't any other cards to switch to; the current card's content pane will be rotated for a split sec. Seems to happen particularly when attempting the gesture twice in rapid succession.
    This is due to the way it handles the animations. Am I safe to assume this is happening to you *only* in portrait, and not in landscape?
    Anybody install this on an Opal?
    Love what I am seeing! Thanks to all involved!

With the current code base, all keyboard layouts will include arrow keys - so you'll probably see that feature in the next alpha release.
    This will mean probably only installing on my dev pad, don't wanna rock the daily driver w/o my arrow keys. Thanks all for the heads up on this, looking forward to a release with arrow keys!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Love what I am seeing! Thanks to all involved!

This will mean probably only installing on my dev pad, don't wanna rock the daily driver w/o my arrow keys. Thanks all for the heads up on this, looking forward to a release with arrow keys!
    ooh some keyboard love, that will help linux quite nicely along with normal webOS app use, i wonder is anyone going to try enhancing the keyboard itsself in other ways, like an option to have the whole keyboard translucent, and some better mod support for theme guru's (some nice arrow images for the new arrow keys would be nice as well as custom font coloring support, or perhaps the ability to skin/theme individual buttons).
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    i notice the new luna magic does something to my quick launch bar, it seems to squish my icons (far from a bad thing), should i remove my old patch that also did similar to allow 8 icons, its just that now i have my usual 8 icons but also have what seems like a blank spot on a 9th/empty slot where the arrow button usually was (which i patched away as i always swipe from bezel, also cant drag in a 9th icon) and is currently blank.

if i remove my patches will i be able to use 9 icons? or does the new luna magic expect the arrow icon to be present regardless of other patches?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Newest update is really good, 4.1.1. I just wish there were descriptions in Tweaks.

For tabbed cards, is it possible to make it so you tap the tabbed card and it automatically goes into view? Opposed to tapping it and staying in tabbed view, then having to switch back.

Or should I contact the developer of that addition?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    kill_dano likes this.
    another dumb idea, is it possible to have the new UberLuna title provide some useful system info, a bit like how the amiga workbench used to show free memory along with the workbench title.

Something like

webOS 3.0.5 - UberLuna 4.x, Free Memory: 815mb, Free Media 10.3GB, Free Linux 4.1GB.

or maybe the basics with a list of selectable extras info such as above addable via tweaks, so you could just tick to add whatever you wanted to see (thinking of how some linux window managers and amiga MUI & MCP did something similar).
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/13/2012 at 12:23 PM.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    hey, k4ever, if you haven't yet made a trip to the doctor to try to fix those account issues, any chance you could put together a list of all your patches, anything else that you think might possibly affect, and .. uh.. i guess maybe a list of the types of accounts that you had? This seems like an exceptionally rare problem (we had one report of it, the first day we got the CE code running a bit over a month or so ago, until today, when you reported it, and no one has been able to repeat it), so I'm sure we could use any possible relevant data to consider..
    I'm having the same issue of only google accounts and skype account working. I'll see if i can get a list of all the patches and types of accounts together for you asap.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with the same issue. this didn't happen until i updated to the latest version with the 7 tweaks vs. 4.

I'll see if i can get the list together when the kiddies go down for a nap around 1-2pm.

*edit* otherwise, this is awesome! many thanks to all involved with this!
    Great work!! I'm loving it the fast card swtich. Also I notice a more smooth Webos

I struggled a little bit to get it wokring, I will put my steps to make Uberlunah to work:

Setup HP Touchpad Webos 3.0.5 with modfied Kernel(UberKernel)

-0 Activate Alpha and Beta feed in Preware(Accoriding to Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals)
    -1 Install the Palm Original Palm Kernel From Preware
    -2 Once it rebooted on Preware will appear the Palm LunaSysMgr
    -3 Install Palm LunaSysMgr
    -4 Reboot the HP Touchpad
    -5 Install UberLunah 4.x
    -6 Reboot the HP Touchpad

Then Enjoy!!
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast