webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > LunaCE 4.x
LunaCE 4.x
Like Tree179Likes

Old 11/23/2012, 03:02 PM   #761 (permalink)

It's naturally going to turn out to be a grid because all cards are the same dimensions. But they can be various sized.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 03:11 PM   #762 (permalink)

@GeekPeter, True, on a phone, a grid would take up valuable screen real estate, but I was thinking this would be more helpful on a Tablet or larger touchscreen (HP Touchsmart with OpenWebOS? Come on HP, lets make it happen lmao), where you can have a LOT of cards open but still be able to see what's open.

@GMMan, yes you're right, but I'm thinking more of when you have an odd number of cards open.

Example you have 3 cards open, with a grid you would have

|_|.......|_|

|_|

Whereas with expose'

|_|.......|_|

.....|_|

Purely aesthetic, granted, but aesthetics is one of the reasons why I keep Android OFF my Touchpad. WebOS has a clean design second only to Apple (and even that's debatable), I'd hate to see that go.
Sheikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 03:24 PM   #763 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikboy View Post
@GeekPeter, True, on a phone, a grid would take up valuable screen real estate, but I was thinking this would be more helpful on a Tablet or larger touchscreen (HP Touchsmart with OpenWebOS? Come on HP, lets make it happen lmao), where you can have a LOT of cards open but still be able to see what's open.

@GMMan, yes you're right, but I'm thinking more of when you have an odd number of cards open.

Example you have 3 cards open, with a grid you would have

|_|.......|_|

|_|

Whereas with expose'

|_|.......|_|

.....|_|

Purely aesthetic, granted, but aesthetics is one of the reasons why I keep Android OFF my Touchpad. WebOS has a clean design second only to Apple (and even that's debatable), I'd hate to see that go.
i think tho that the direction the webOS ports and lunaCE devs want is a single solution for phones and tablets, so something thats universal for both and fully functional and easy to use on either is a better solution (my own personal guess ofc), its why i immediatly thought of the psp xmb type view, which tbh isnt far off what we have with cards moving left/right neways, only the psp goes up/down for more stuff whereas we have our stacked cards atm.
Old 11/23/2012, 03:40 PM   #764 (permalink)

I mean, I might be wrong and expose' might be functional on smaller device. I'm thinking of Multifl0w on iOS jailbroken devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlBF_-HcW5E

If it can work on a 3.5" device, I have no doubt the screen size is enough on the GNex.

Now imagine something like that, only you can make stacks with the open applications.
Old 11/23/2012, 07:36 PM   #765 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikboy View Post
I mean, I might be wrong and expose' might be functional on smaller device. I'm thinking of Multifl0w on iOS jailbroken devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlBF_-HcW5E

If it can work on a 3.5" device, I have no doubt the screen size is enough on the GNex.

Now imagine something like that, only you can make stacks with the open applications.
Not feeling th need for this. It reminds me of some folks clamoring for browser tabs when opening links in a new card and having them in a stack is a much better solution to me. each his own as they say
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by johncc likes this.
Old 11/24/2012, 10:12 AM   #766 (permalink)

I mean, I can see myself using this a lot. The Browser tab thing was honestly an annoyance before LunaCE because you had to physically exit one card and then go into the other.
Old 11/25/2012, 12:01 PM   #767 (permalink)

Browser tabs keep things tidy. The ability to switch back and forth between open pages by simply pressing the tab is a lot easier than switching back and forth between cards in card view, pre-LunaCE. Now with LunaCE I agree that tabs are no longer a necessity. It is now easier and a lot more fun to swipe to the left or right to view open pages.

I would love to have an expose view also. I think it would be nice and useful. It would help to get to other open apps faster. I would also like to see miniature running apps that could be pinned to the home screen instead of widgets . I asked for that in WebOS before. It is now a feature of BBOS 10.

Right now I'm goofing around with Android again because the state of apps and Web services in WebOS are abysmal. I keep going back to WebOS because of Luna and LunaCE. WebOS may be devoid of newer apps but it has the ones I need and it is a hellova lot easier to use than anything on the market now. I hope that the folks at WebOS -Internalz and WebOS-Ports keep adding amazingly useful stuff to LunaCE and somehow figure out a way to port WebOS to newer Verizon/Sprint devices. Hopefully they will help WebOS become viable again so all these cool usability features won't go to waste. HP is struggling right now because of all the dumb decisions they made over the past year (getting rid of mobile devices, focusing on Windows 8, purchasing Autonomy). I don't think we are going to see much corporate help on WebOS from them.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
k4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Mutoidi likes this.
Old 11/26/2012, 04:41 PM   #768 (permalink)

I'm glad I found this. I've been leaving my TP booted into CM9 for longer and longer, sometimes even for days. This has given me reason to keep it booted into WebOS again.
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus and RumoredNow like this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 11/29/2012, 03:16 PM   #769 (permalink)

Thank you for Luna C.E. It is snappy, great tweaks and simply aswesome. I haven't booted in CM9 ever since I installed it.
tpaxadpom is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Old 11/30/2012, 01:36 PM   #770 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
I'm glad I found this. I've been leaving my TP booted into CM9 for longer and longer, sometimes even for days. This has given me reason to keep it booted into WebOS again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
Thank you for Luna C.E. It is snappy, great tweaks and simply aswesome. I haven't booted in CM9 ever since I installed it.
Makes me feel good about my decision not put Cyanogen Mod on my TouchPad ever...
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 03:06 PM   #771 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Makes me feel good about my decision not put Cyanogen Mod on my TouchPad ever...
we mostly boot to webOS and only play a couple games in CM...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 01:44 AM   #772 (permalink)

Just installed the beta.
Fantastic. All the tweaks available are brilliant.
Thank you to the LunaCE team. I wish I had the skills to help.
(I removed CyanogenMod from my TP)
nzpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Old 12/10/2012, 09:47 AM   #773 (permalink)

I've been using LunaCE on my TouchPad for some time, I just got a 32GB TouchPad and installed it, Tweaks shows everything I want enabled (minicards, side bezel gestures,etc) but nothing is working. I have restarted my device several times.
Old 12/10/2012, 11:41 AM   #774 (permalink)

have you tried installing the Palm default luna then reinstalling LunaCE?

Also have you installed any other patches?

For Alpha and Beta testing you should be running unpatched (Per Rod)
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Thanked By: Igor987
Old 12/10/2012, 11:58 AM   #775 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
have you tried installing the Palm default luna then reinstalling LunaCE
That did the trick! Thanks
Old 12/10/2012, 12:02 PM   #776 (permalink)

no problem, glad it worked
Old 12/21/2012, 04:37 AM   #777 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Does anyone know how to get around the EAS PIN stuff? I had LunaCE 4.9.10 installed before I added my Exchange account today. I need to enter a 6 digit PIN for my corporate Exchange which was enforced by EAS. Did this, confirmed it, installed the "Bypass PIN" patch which worked fine with regular Luna and installed fine on LunaCE too. Rebooted TP, however I still get prompted to enter my PIN
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 12:40 PM   #778 (permalink)

There's a permissions database kind or something, which you should be able to edit. I don't know if it will automatically reset itself periodically, though. Look for kinds that start with com.palm.securitypolicy.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 12/21/2012, 02:18 PM   #779 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Ok thanks, can I use Impostah for this?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 12/21/2012, 02:23 PM   #780 (permalink)

I don't think Impostah will allow you to edit values, but you can browse for the right ID, and change it on the command line.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0