webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > LunaCE 4.x
LunaCE 4.x
Like Tree179Likes

Old 11/04/2012, 07:39 AM   #741 (permalink)

I just found time to install novacom on my new PC, enable beta feeds on my TP and give LunaCE 4.9.5 a try and the result is impressive!
You guys really did an awsome job!
If there is something else I can test for you let me know!
oholika is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 11/12/2012, 07:29 AM   #742 (permalink)

Hi,

I enabled alpha and beta feeds on my TP, but I am just able to install Luna CE 4.9.1 not 4.9.5 or higher as described in earlier posts.

What am I doing wrong?
vodkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 09:14 AM   #743 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkae View Post
Hi,

I enabled alpha and beta feeds on my TP, but I am just able to install Luna CE 4.9.1 not 4.9.5 or higher as described in earlier posts.

What am I doing wrong?
1. Uninstall Preware
2. Re-do the steps for the steps for alpha and beta feeds as per WebOS Internals page
3. Re-install Preware
4. Enable the feeds in Preware

That should do the trick
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 10:15 AM   #744 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkae View Post
Hi,

What am I doing wrong?
Are you sure you have 4.9.1 and not 4.9.10? 4.9.10 is the latest version, from the Alpha feed. It has the new 'trackball' cursor control instead of the arrows.
johnsonx42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 02:58 AM   #745 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
Are you sure you have 4.9.1 and not 4.9.10? 4.9.10 is the latest version, from the Alpha feed. It has the new 'trackball' cursor control instead of the arrows.
Your are right, I have 4.9.10 sry

But I am wondering, because some things do not work. For example as shown in the video here (webOS Community Edition gets card stack management that makes sense | webOS Nation) you can put cards together or seperate them again...that is not working on my TP, althoug everything is switched on in Tweaks...
vodkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 03:18 PM   #746 (permalink)

I have been holding back from installing the Beta feeds necessary to install the current release of LunaCE because I don't really meet the prerequisite competence requited in the Wiki instructions.

Is there a plan for LunaCE to be released into mainstream Preware in the foreseeable future? I would love to use it but I understand the developers need to avoid handholding Noobs like me and am prepared to wait for a full release.
Wheel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by thespecialedshow likes this.
Old 11/13/2012, 03:26 PM   #747 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
Is there a plan for LunaCE to be released into mainstream Preware in the foreseeable future? I would love to use it but I understand the developers need to avoid handholding Noobs like me and am prepared to wait for a full release.
There have been mentions of it being released into public feeds, no timeline though, and with other projects being worked on (Open webOS for example), plus people having day jobs, families, etc. I don't think anyone can or will answer your question until it is submitted to Preware, assuming that still happens.

note, I have no reason to say it will or won't just trying to be very clear that I cannot speak in any form of absolutes and am not trying to take credit or put words in any developers mouth. at this point the last I have seen is talk of a possibility in the public feeds at some time
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 06:10 PM   #748 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
There have been mentions of it being released into public feeds, no timeline though, and with other projects being worked on (Open webOS for example), plus people having day jobs, families, etc. I don't think anyone can or will answer your question until it is submitted to Preware, assuming that still happens.

note, I have no reason to say it will or won't just trying to be very clear that I cannot speak in any form of absolutes and am not trying to take credit or put words in any developers mouth. at this point the last I have seen is talk of a possibility in the public feeds at some time
IMHO, since the antidote is already in the mainstream Preware feeds, it is easy enough for even a noob like me to revert back to the standard Luna. It would therefore seem that there is little risk in releasing this elegant beast into the wild.
Wheel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 06:15 PM   #749 (permalink)

Quote:
IMHO, since the antidote is already in the mainstream Preware feeds, it is easy enough for even a noob like me to revert back to the standard Luna. It would therefore seem that there is little risk in releasing this elegant beast into the wild.
I will say I have been running beta and alpha for quite some time now.

I do come across the occasional glitch, but I do not expect support as I am not running as instructed (I have a handful of additional patches on my daily driver TP). I am not encouraging you or anyone else to do anything other than follow instructions as given, but there are those of us that bend (okay break) the occasional rule.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 11/13/2012, 06:16 PM   #750 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
You wouldn't think that if you were one of the alpha testers who got locked out of their phone due to the PIN lock encryption changing, and had to doctor as a result, or one of the alpha testers who couldn't get into their email account due to the account password encryption changing, or any of the other weird things which were found during early alpha testing.

It's very easy for people to try alpha and beta versions if they want to "be brave" and see if things work for them. But they then know the risk they are taking.

We see no rush to push anything to the public stable feeds just because people are waiting for it. If you want it, become an alpha or beta tester (but be *very* sure you are willing to take the risk and comply with the testing feed rules). If you want a minimal-risk scenario, then simply wait until it's ready.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jozz, PrinceAlbert, HaPe and 2 others like this.
Old 11/13/2012, 06:28 PM   #751 (permalink)

Great job with LunaCE. I love the changes in the Beta. Any idea when the new cursor may move into the Beta? I would love to see it and try it out but I am not willing to become one of the initial test rodents. I prefer to be tested on after most of the kinks have been worked out. No rush. Even if it gets no better than what I have I will never go back to regular vanilla Luna.
Lab_R4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 06:36 PM   #752 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab_R4t View Post
Great job with LunaCE. I love the changes in the Beta. Any idea when the new cursor may move into the Beta? I would love to see it and try it out but I am not willing to become one of the initial test rodents. I prefer to be tested on after most of the kinks have been worked out. No rush. Even if it gets no better than what I have I will never go back to regular vanilla Luna.
Per Shifty Axle there is a feature freeze currently on the beta, so no new features from Alpha to Beta at this time until all current beta features are deemed stable and bug free (at least last I saw).
Old 11/17/2012, 08:05 PM   #753 (permalink)

I am seeing this defect where the lock screen will ask for a new pin after a period of use.... Is this a known defect?
maxbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 08:24 AM   #754 (permalink)

hello. a possible new tweak feature would be that card switching "gestures" could have an option "left side only", in order not to interfere with scrolling. example: when that is off, you can perform bezel gestures from both sides, but when it is on you can only left side switch between cards
rioachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 01:09 AM   #755 (permalink)

Quote:
Great job with LunaCE. ...
I second that

Quote:
I am not willing to become one of the initial test rodents. ...
erm ... how do I put that delicately ... your nickname states otherwise ...
Old 11/22/2012, 07:15 AM   #756 (permalink)

I installed the Beta about a week ago. I like it. It runs smooth. I decided not to put the password back.
I also installed the Weather Dash: New LunaCE beta includes tall dashboard widgets, new keyboard layouts, better cards management | webOS Nation
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 12:24 PM   #757 (permalink)

Random question: Is there plans for an expose' (grid view) of Mini Cards? I feel like having Mini Cards in a row kind of defeats the purpose
Sheikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 01:21 PM   #758 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikboy View Post
Random question: Is there plans for an expose' (grid view) of Mini Cards? I feel like having Mini Cards in a row kind of defeats the purpose
My experience with mini-cards is this:

Works best when they are stacked. All cards in the stack are from the same project. Slide the focused card over from the side bezel and the other cards in the stack are view-able for selection/focus.

I agree there is not much to be done with them minimized on the main wallpaper screen and never do that except by accident.

I think what you are looking for is more like turning the main screen into a launcher page. If you have several cards open and you want to switch between them you don't even have to exit from App view to Card view. You can still slide one maximized App over and get the next one into focus...

The only purpose I can see to the request is aesthetic. Is their a functionality component I'm missing???
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 02:55 PM   #759 (permalink)

No, I think it goes beyond that. If I have a lot of cards open and I want a quick glance over them to see whats open, Mini Cards is helpful. Also, making stacks with Mini Cards is a lot easier in a grid view, because you can simply drag and drop the cards over each other (like making folders in iOS or Android, only its with cards and open applications), and while you can do this with a row, it's much easier in a grid.

And its not so much a grid. This is what Expose' looked like on Mac OS X
http://mac101.net/files/2009/06/2009...t_73451_pm.png
Sheikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 02:59 PM   #760 (permalink)

if the views were ever going to get insane/indepth views like the one suggested you could even argue the psp xmb style view to be useful, left<>right the diff cards, up<>down thru the stacks, it would be at least webOS intuitive esp on a phone, still useable with 1 finger/thumb.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0