webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > LunaCE 4.x
LunaCE 4.x
Like Tree179Likes

Old 10/25/2012, 09:55 AM   #721 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
I dont have this experience: Going back/forth only one character works in TapNote, E-Mail, Communities, Memos

Do you have any patches regarding tap responsiveness installed? I have: Buttah, Mojo Tap Responsiveness, also Mojo FPS Booster and Enyo Smooth scroling, but these last two have nothing to do with tap responsiveness. Id give these patches a try!

Would be cool to have the trackball positioned elsewhere and that you can make it show by doing a gesture or holding two vkb buttons or

Alas, COOL STUFF!
I agree I have used the trackball to move single spaces as well, I don't have any of those patches installed though. I think it's just a use and timing thing, at first I found it more difficult, the more I do it without thinking about it so much, the easier it has become.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2012, 12:12 PM   #722 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
So your saying that the games that I bought from the HP app catalog for the touchpad, that are HD , are just ports of their games from the phone to the TP? Why would the games open and render correctly with the stock webOS Luna manager and not work with the LunaCE version of the Luna manager? Obviously there is a conflict of some type but I am not intelligent enough in coding to even begin to understand where to look. So I am going to follow the rules set forth by webOS Internals and not run the CE version of the Luna manager until I all of a sudden gain a better understanding of coding or the webOS Internals and Ports get it to a level that is near 100% for newb's like me.
i dont actually have any of the issues you do and im using lunaCE as well, perhaps you have other patches that are conflicting with lunaCE, such as buttah, hyper cards and other patches that stick their fingers into the same speed improvements that lunaCE provide as default? i removed utterly all patches originally then installed lunaCE and other patches back afterwards, if theres a conflict they refuse to install which is good.

what other patches do you have out of interest?
Old 10/26/2012, 01:53 AM   #723 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

jkromero,

I'm not aware of any apps that don't work. What do you know of?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jkromero
Old 10/26/2012, 06:19 AM   #724 (permalink)

Hey people, Ive got a question about the Mini Cards after installing Alpha 4.9.10:

With Beta before I could immediately close new Mini Cards by swiping them off the bezel just after they showed up. This was very helpful when advertisements opened in a new card while browsing the web using Advanced Browser. With 4.9.10 I have to wait for the Website to be fully loaded or switching to Card View and close them

Is this the behaviour Luna CE is aiming at, or am I missing something? Any suggestions? THX!

TouchPads Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
in isagar2004s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
gerzhwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 06:48 AM   #725 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey people, Ive got a question about the Mini Cards after installing Alpha 4.9.10:

With Beta before I could immediately close new Mini Cards by swiping them off the bezel just after they showed up. This was very helpful when advertisements opened in a new card while browsing the web using Advanced Browser. With 4.9.10 I have to wait for the Website to be fully loaded or switching to Card View and close them

Is this the behaviour Luna CE is aiming at, or am I missing something? Any suggestions? THX!
not seeing this issue with LunaCE stock browser
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 06:52 AM   #726 (permalink)

no my issue isn't responsiveness lol its just me it takes me 2 tries its nothing other than that. I have all the patches I need for a smooth ride on my TPad lol
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 08:13 AM   #727 (permalink)

Quote:

I believe those are called tabbed cards. This is also the behavior I see as well, but I think it is the intended behavior. I prefer what you said though, where I could flick a tabbed card off the screen.
PrplHaz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 10:09 AM   #728 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrplHaz4 View Post
I believe those are called tabbed cards. This is also the behavior I see as well, but I think it is the intended behavior. I prefer what you said though, where I could flick a tabbed card off the screen.

Maybe it has to do with the change to make a single tap to bring the tabbed card to full screen? I don't use tabbed cards that much because I use the tabs in advanced browser, but there were some folks that didn't like the old way tabbed cards were working.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 11:50 AM   #729 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

So far I'm digging tabbed cards...

I have tried to flick a minimized (tabbed) card off the screen as well. It's a reflexive behavior for webOS users. Since it doesn't work, I just need to train myself that tabbed cards are an exception to the rule and then I'll be alright.

In the meantime I see the logic to the behavior. The tabbed cards scroll in case you have so many in the stack that the mini view fills more than the height of the screen in landscape and you need to scroll through the stack to get the one you need.

@ OldSkool: I agree tabs on the browser is the way to go for multiple web pages. I think tabbed cards is for another purpose - Apps all related to a project or activity. For example: when I was trying to get Homebrew Pivot working I had App Catalog, Tweaks and Advanced Browser (open to the HB Pivot thread) all in a stack. Tabbed cards made it easy to swap between the three without ever minimizing one card to select another.
Attached Images
File Type: png tweaks_2012-24-10_223937.png (224.1 KB, 36 views) Email Attachment
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 11:58 AM   #730 (permalink)

I can sometimes flick the tabbed cards away, and sometimes not. I think it could possibly, have to do with motion on two axes, but it has been a bit inconsistent so I'm not positive.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 12:01 PM   #731 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

On a new topic...

Does anyone else find that "Infinite Card Cycling" flies way too fast when moving from one extreme edge to the other? (Farthest left to farthest right or vice versa...) I mean, for me the cards suddenly shoot over to the other "edge" or "join" in the loop and then overshoot the "edge" card and kick it past where I can see / use it.

Maybe a speed governor could be built in.

I can make the gesture work if I'm conscious of what I'm doing, but at regular scrolling speed I get the whiplash effect. It requires a very slow steady slide to work which is not the same as swiping through cards and stacks. So if I don't realize I'm at one "edge" or "join" of the loop and correct my gesture I get the overshoot next card problem.
Old 10/29/2012, 03:19 AM   #732 (permalink)

SO what is the most current build? iv'e heard nothing for last month through updates. I have 4.9.10 but the beta packages have not updated at all in a while.
Old 10/29/2012, 08:00 AM   #733 (permalink)

That is the current released alpha.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2012, 05:02 PM   #734 (permalink)

Where can I find the LunaCE Package?

I have Beta Feeds enabled in Preware and Tweaks installed and up to date.

Help!
Wheel_nut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2012, 06:41 PM   #735 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Did you follow all the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals in order to enable Beta WOCE feed?

Including uninstall Preware and using command line entries before re-installing Preware?

Then you have to add the Beta WOCE (or Alpha if you have that skill level) in Manage Feeds...
Old 10/30/2012, 11:19 AM   #736 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
i dont actually have any of the issues you do and im using lunaCE as well, perhaps you have other patches that are conflicting with lunaCE, such as buttah, hyper cards and other patches that stick their fingers into the same speed improvements that lunaCE provide as default? i removed utterly all patches originally then installed lunaCE and other patches back afterwards, if theres a conflict they refuse to install which is good.

what other patches do you have out of interest?
Well I removed all the speed improvement patches.....I thought. I have all those that you mention, but I also have ones like default to month view, thinner e-mail columns, patches of that sort. I will go back in and clear all patches out and reinstall LunaCE and try it all again. I really want to use it again. Thanks for getting back with me and thanks a ton for the suggestions.

Last edited by jkromero; 10/30/2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Added more info.
jkromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2012, 11:22 AM   #737 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
jkromero,

I'm not aware of any apps that don't work. What do you know of?
Well the only apps...or games rather that didn't work were all the Gameloft games. Asphalt 6 HD, Shrek Cart HD and
Assasins Creed HD. Those are the only apps or games that wouldn't load past a blank black screen. I will use suggestions provided by another webOS Nations member and give it a shot again.
jkromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2012, 01:06 PM   #738 (permalink)

aye just crank up InternalZ and try going to /media/cryptofs/usr/palm/applications

browse down to all your gameloft stuff, they all start with com.gameloft.app

then edit the metadata.json file and amend the number from whatever it is atm to 102 or if that doesnt work, 101 "should" work.
Old 11/04/2012, 03:17 AM   #739 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It was not discontinued, just priorities are with the port now to give webOS new life on non-webOS hardware. Lot's of progress has been made already with the port but still lot is to do. I'm sure this will be updated once there's less work to do on the port.
Old 11/04/2012, 05:36 AM   #740 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioachim View Post
It seems this project was discontinued too... Well, time to go shopping for a better tablet. Thank you for your implication, better luck porting openos to a usable state.
We're very sorry that the volunteer project (which is still underway) does not conform to your time lines.

Good luck with your search for the next item to hold your attention span.

-- Rod
rwhitby is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jozz, OldSkoolVWLover, renater and 4 others like this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0