Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    just installed get unkown service error in tweaks when turning things off and on

any issues with using advanced browser as the default?
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post
    just installed get unkown service error in tweaks when turning things off and on
    That behavior is par for the course.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    First bug already encountered: opening up Tweaks causes Luna to restart. Even after a few Luna restarts the problem is still there. Now I cannot use the improvements that way
    go back and read a few pages to get the fix for your issue please
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    That behavior is par for the course.
    Actually, no, it's not par for the course. A minority of users are experiencng that error.
    I too would definitely like to see the Greek keyboard on LunaCe, in any case keep up the good work everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Actually, no, it's not par for the course. A minority of users are experiencng that error.
    Oops. For me this has been an issue with 'Tweaks' even long before 'LunaCE' existed. And this is with multiple devices.

I would remove LunaCE with the stock lune and delete tweaks and then reboot phone and reinstall everything , this come fix your issues . Just depends on what's causing the error . You may even need to do a device reset or doctor in order to remove the error . Its a pain but I hate errors and would do this as well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #709  
    Oops. For me this has been an issue with 'Tweaks' even long before 'LunaCE' existed. And this is with multiple devices.
    Then the onus is on you to determine what is different about the way you installed Tweaks or the way you use Tweaks or the other things you have installed on your devices compared to the large majority of people who are having no problems.

Without such an analysis, your specific issue will never be solved, cause the developers do not experience them.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Then the onus is on you to determine what is different about the way you installed Tweaks or the way you use Tweaks or the other things you have installed on your devices compared to the large majority of people who are having no problems.

Without such an analysis, your specific issue will never be solved, cause the developers do not experience them.

-- Rod
    The error message appears only sometimes and not always. Even when there is an error message, everything works just fine other than just getting the error message. Which is why it has not really bothered me much.

The error message appears only sometimes and not always. Even when there is an error message, everything works just fine other than just getting the error message. Which is why it has not really bothered me much.
    Same situation here, but since it works even if there's an error message I never worry about it
    Last edited by laingman; 10/25/2012 at 01:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I hope I am putting this in the correct thread.....the first error I ran into while running the LunaCE was on version 4.9.10 and the error involved the Gameloft catalog of games. Assassins Creed HD , Shrek Racing HD and Asphalt HD. None of these games would open. When chosen the games open to a black screen which does nothing. I uninstalled one of the games and attempted to reinstall to no avail. The game would never reinstall. Changed back to the stock webOS Luna manager and attempted to launch one of the games and they all launched properly and finally got the one game to reinstall. Sorry in advance for any newb tendencies Mr. Whitby if I need to include more info I will do my best to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
    I hope I am putting this in the correct thread.....the first error I ran into while running the LunaCE was on version 4.9.10 and the error involved the Gameloft catalog of games. Assassins Creed HD , Shrek Racing HD and Asphalt HD. None of these games would open. When chosen the games open to a black screen which does nothing. I uninstalled one of the games and attempted to reinstall to no avail. The game would never reinstall. Changed back to the stock webOS Luna manager and attempted to launch one of the games and they all launched properly and finally got the one game to reinstall. Sorry in advance for any newb tendencies Mr. Whitby if I need to include more info I will do my best to get it.
    some of the gameloft games, mostly phone ports require their metadata.json file amended to be device 101, 201 or -1 instead of their default to work on the touchpad, otherwise you get black screens and/or white/washed out looking textures.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    some of the gameloft games, mostly phone ports require their metadata.json file amended to be device 101, 201 or -1 instead of their default to work on the touchpad, otherwise you get black screens and/or white/washed out looking textures.
    So your saying that the games that I bought from the HP app catalog for the touchpad, that are HD , are just ports of their games from the phone to the TP? Why would the games open and render correctly with the stock webOS Luna manager and not work with the LunaCE version of the Luna manager? Obviously there is a conflict of some type but I am not intelligent enough in coding to even begin to understand where to look. So I am going to follow the rules set forth by webOS Internals and not run the CE version of the Luna manager until I all of a sudden gain a better understanding of coding or the webOS Internals and Ports get it to a level that is near 100% for newb's like me.
    it's good to have my tp breathing fresh
    got it installed just now, activate it using the tweak app and seems to work fine.
    can anybody help me where to find these gesture tutorials? really want to use it fluently.

update : got it from http://webos-ports.org/wiki/LunaCE_Features
    how to enable virtual trackball? my keyboard looks different (updated it with the arrow)

thank's everyone
    Last edited by rtdi; 10/23/2012 at 11:52 PM.
    HP Pre3 and Touchpad web os 3.0.5 w/ lunace
    Quote Originally Posted by rtdi View Post
    it's good to have my tp breathing fresh
    got it installed just now, activate it using the tweak app and seems to work fine.
    can anybody help me where to find these gesture tutorials? really want to use it fluently.

update : got it from LunaCE Features - WebOS-Ports
    how to enable virtual trackball? my keyboard looks different (updated it with the arrow)

thank's everyone
    The tutorials are built into Tweaks. Tap on Luna and then tap the ? help icon in the lower right corner. Now when you tap on a category you get a help menu telling you how to use the various gestures in that category.

The virtual trackball exists in a Luna version in the Alpha Feeds. I want it too, but guess I'll wait till it goes Beta.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    The tutorials are built into Tweaks. Tap on Luna and then tap the ? help icon in the lower right corner. Now when you tap on a category you get a help menu telling you how to use the various gestures in that category.

The virtual trackball exists in a Luna version in the Alpha Feeds. I want it too, but guess I'll wait till it goes Beta.
    actually the virtual trackball is just awesome when you need to go back a few spaces (instead of trying to tap in a certain spot) but when you need to go back just one space it always takes at least 2 tries to get it . It jumps a few spaces whenever I try to go back just one spot or forward one spot . But all in all I love it !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    What is the difference between 101,201 or -1 in the metadata.json file? I was able to use the metadata.json for LetsPlay Golf, which uses 101, to get TW09 working.

Just curious. Thanks for the help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    What is the difference between 101,201 or -1 in the metadata.json file? I was able to use the metadata.json for LetsPlay Golf, which uses 101, to get TW09 working.

Just curious. Thanks for the help.
    its supposed to represent the device your using, only we can sometimes tell it to use a different one and pray it still works.
    i found this a while ago to explain the metadata.json as the one i did have linked from palm i cant find anymore.

only source i can still find : http://www.webosbuzz.com/hp-touchpad...-properly.html

------------

Listing of recognised devices throught the metadata.json file:

-1 HARDWARE_UNKNOWN
    101 HARDWARE_PRE
    102 HARDWARE_PRE_PLUS
    201 HARDWARE_PIXI
    301 HARDWARE_VEER
    401 HARDWARE_PRE_2
    501 HARDWARE_PRE_3
    601 HARDWARE_TOUCHPAD

funny they list the touchpad as 601 when most downloaded apps i have specific to touchpad have 701 in them. it likely changes some internal magic'ery that almost always gets old things or phone things working, and as most old games were built for the pre or newer, its often best to do what i do and try the device id for the pre2 first then fallback and lower the number to that of the pre after that (101 often works the most, with the least issues, esp for gameloft titles).

Again tho ive only found 1 site that listed them that i can refind, no idea if the info is correct, tho 101/102 do idd work well for badly behaving old apps/games on your touchpad.

Also to note, you could also change the appinfo.json and include the entry:

"uiRevision": 2

if its last in the list or

"uiRevision": 2,

if its in the middle of other entries (comma on the end), this if i read correctly, reports to apps to expect a touchpad size of screen (and maybe orientation?), ie bigger than the phones, tho ive yet to find an app that this was useful or useable.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    actually the virtual trackball is just awesome when you need to go back a few spaces (instead of trying to tap in a certain spot) but when you need to go back just one space it always takes at least 2 tries to get it . It jumps a few spaces whenever I try to go back just one spot or forward one spot . But all in all I love it !
    I dont have this experience: Going back/forth only one character works in TapNote, E-Mail, Communities, Memos

Do you have any patches regarding tap responsiveness installed? I have: Buttah, Mojo Tap Responsiveness, also Mojo FPS Booster and Enyo Smooth scroling, but these last two have nothing to do with tap responsiveness. Id give these patches a try!

Would be cool to have the trackball positioned elsewhere and that you can make it show by doing a gesture or holding two vkb buttons or

Alas, COOL STUFF!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPads Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html