Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
  1.    #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    What will happen to this LunaCE(public edition) for the TouchPad Project? I'm curious to know, I won't like to see this project abandon at all...since this is the only thing that we old WebOS users look up to for our legacy devices(as an OS Update). Will be ever see the same improvements like Isis engine browser on LunaCE?

And will developers and hackers continue to bring their own efforts into improving LunaCE or just focus on the new OpenWebOS ?
    What is your motivation for such an intentionally alarmist post?

-- Rod
    I have cm9 and ubuntu installed, when I tried to install LunaCe it failed, Below is from the log.
    ipkg_offline-root=/media/cryptots/apps/bin/sh/media/ cryptots/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosports.lunace.posthst2>&1
    lunasysmgr confirmed to be compatible with this os version
    verifying no existing modification to target files
    verfication fails on /etc/palm/lunaanimations.conf
    device lunasysmgr files are not in factory condition, refusing to install

any one have any idea what the issue is? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bme View Post
    I have cm9 and ubuntu installed, when I tried to install LunaCe it failed, Below is from the log.
    ipkg_offline-root=/media/cryptots/apps/bin/sh/media/ cryptots/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosports.lunace.posthst2>&1
    lunasysmgr confirmed to be compatible with this os version
    verifying no existing modification to target files
    verfication fails on /etc/palm/lunaanimations.conf
    device lunasysmgr files are not in factory condition, refusing to install

any one have any idea what the issue is? Thanks
    There is discussion early in this thread of this problem and a solution of reinstalling the original lunasysmgr (maybe a couple of times) as a solution.
    First complete freeze on Sunday (had to reboot with holding centerbutton and on/off-button)

What I did: browsed twitter in SpazHD, tapped on link, webbrowserwas opened and linked page loaded, tapped on link in the browser to mark the text, copied the text from browser, opened mailapp, started new mail, pasted link and typed a few words, sent mail, tried to change to browser and thennnnnn
    Browserwindow was visible, keyboard was half way up --> freeze.

No idea if this is a lunaCE issue, just wanted to post it in case someone has experienced somethink alike.
    Could not do it again though, so I guess it was maybe only a short cough ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Okaaaayyy .... Seems I can sometimes reproduce the crash I had.

I select text in the adress bar of the browser and minimize the card. Do something else inbetween.
    Then maximize the card again. The text is still marked and while maximizing the card, WebOS tries to bring up the keyboard again - that's when it freezes. Not always, but often.
    Maximize card + raise keyboard seems to be a problem sometimes...

Hope that gives a hint?!?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Okaaaayyy .... Seems I can sometimes reproduce the crash I had.

I select text in the adress bar of the browser and minimize the card. Do something else inbetween.
    Then maximize the card again. The text is still marked and while maximizing the card, WebOS tries to bring up the keyboard again - that's when it freezes. Not always, but often.
    Maximize card + raise keyboard seems to be a problem sometimes...

Hope that gives a hint?!?
    well my TPad froze up last night and a complete reboot had to be done to free it up. I don't have any clues as to what did it though. The TPad had to cards open and minimized and then further pinch to shrink to small cards . Anyways I tapped to bring up one of the cards and instead of maximizing it just turned a different hue or shaded color on that page and froze the TPad .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Can someone go to Philly.com: News from the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News and Philly Sports and see if any of the links work? Ever since I went to luna CE i have to hold a link and open in a new card. Don't know if it's luna, or some stupid change to the site itself....

thanks
  8. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Great work!

Luna CE makes me excited again about WebOs and the possibility of getting more abilities and features for my TP. Installed now for a few weeks without any problems.

My Franken Pre 2 is on its last leg. I was hoping that the Pre 2 would carry me from my original launch day Pre to a new device but obviously that is not going to happen. Looks like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will be my next device. I wouldn't hesitate to be able to run WebOs on that hardware if it becomes available. WOW, just thinking about that is exciting.

Sorry about the rant, and really appreciate Internals team and all the devs out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Can someone go to Philly.com: News from the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News and Philly Sports and see if any of the links work? Ever since I went to luna CE i have to hold a link and open in a new card. Don't know if it's luna, or some stupid change to the site itself....

thanks
    links working (top bar- sports, entertainment,...) and in article links working also. I'm on 3.0.5 near stock wOS (just logging patches and filemannager service)
    hey Rod,
    any good news about Chinese input method for LunaCE? It has been half month since I posted source code link in the thread.

in addition, meta+1-6 for wave launcher sometimes has something wrong that key 1-6 shows wave launcher without meta holding.
    im giving another thumbs up for the trackball feature as ive only just realised it makes my life far easier when using libre office calc in ubuntu-chroot, cell navigation is far easier now.

also page scrolls chromium/firefox in ubuntu as well.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.Du View Post
    hey Rod,
    any good news about Chinese input method for LunaCE?
    Desmond, if you can do this... can you do Japanese as well? My partner is Japanese, and the lack of Japanese input is driving them nuts!
    Siobhn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Desmond, if you can do this... can you do Japanese as well? My partner is Japanese, and the lack of Japanese input is driving them nuts!
    hey Siobhn,

I am sorry for that I can't help your partner directly. This Chinese input is written by Chomper_T. He authorizes me to furnish source code here (here is the code link http://108.62.36.192/chinese_im_for_tp.txz or http://bitshare.com/files/nlfkj50g/c...or_tp.txz.html).

Anyway, as he said, this Chinese input method is based on 'google pinyin input method engine'. Therefore, I consider that maybe Japanese developers also can build their own input method in the same way and ask WebOS port group to put into LunaCE(Google Japanese Input also exists).

Des
    Last edited by Desmond.Du; 10/08/2012 at 01:02 PM.
    is it possible to have another trackball far left for controlling the mouse on ubuntu-chroot? (click it = lm, hold = rm) or any future app that has some form of mousepointer support or is that vastly too much work?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I just wish I could get my permanent '@' and '.com' buttons back with 'LunaCE'. Are the personalized keypads that we had earlier not possible with 'LunaCE'?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I'm wandering if anyone is still working on LunaCE lol , its been quiet lately. Maybe they are taken a break ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17.    #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm wandering if anyone is still working on LunaCE lol , its been quiet lately. Maybe they are taken a break ?
    Do you realize just how insensitive this is to the developers working on LunaCE since it was first released?

-- Rod (no lol)
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I am sure that Shadavis08 is just really commenting about the longer than 'usual' time between releases. At one point I checked and we had a new one each day!

Besides - everyone can do with a rest now and then :-)

The Devs are wonderful and even if we don't see any releases for weeks, I am sure they are working on things to make it smoother and more stable. There is no point in releasing something half-arsed with no discernible difference to the previous one.
    cbosdell likes this.
    whoa there Rod !! I'm just sayin there was lots of activity, consistently a few weeks back , and now its like crickets chirping in here is all I'm sayin . Never said anything about the devs hard work for which they have done. I've supported homebrew from the beginning along with the webOS internals crew. !! :thumbnail:
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  20.    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    whoa there Rod !! I'm just sayin there was lots of activity, consistently a few weeks back , and now its like crickets chirping in here is all I'm sayin
    Perhaps you have not considered that some of the devs that were contributing to LunaCE only previously are now also working on Open webOS porting to the Galaxy Nexus (e.g. the addition of the gesture area in the last few days).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OldSkoolVWLover and fehmi like this.