Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Thanks for trying! You tried it in Communities right? I cannot seem to get it working there....
    communities may or may not work depending on whether or not the dev is keeping up with it and hasn't abandoned it . Just sayin. Most devs won't keep up with their apps in a dead OS . Yet there are some who do in webOS , but not all.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Interesting, I didn't realise installing alpha software on your Touchpad was mandatory. Pull requests against woce/LunaSysMgr to modify this behaviour are welcome.
    Of course it isn't, nor is expressing/discussing a user's experience.. as I have politely done!
    Testing Feeds..
    Feedback Test!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Instead of complaining, perhaps asking if it was intended or a bug, or suggesting a tweaks setting to turn make it optional, would be more productive. Just sayin'

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Slightly earlier posts here imply that 'it' was a progression rather than a regression..and thereby intended.
    Yes, optional via gesture would be productive indeed!

Slightly earlier posts here imply that 'it' was a progression rather than a regression..and thereby intended.
    Yes, optional via gesture would be productive indeed!

To translate what everyone else is saying to simple talk:

Maybe if you ask nicely instead of being critical, the devs might find a way to add the feature back.

Luna CE is beta software. Features are being added and removed from it often, based on improving stability, improving user overall experience, or at the developers' discretion. It is still a moving target right now. You can't honestly expect things to remain exactly the same with each new release. However, if you ask them nicely, they usually make changes for you

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    To translate what everyone else is saying to simple talk:

Maybe if you ask nicely instead of being critical, the devs might find a way to add the feature back.

Luna CE is beta software. Features are being added and removed from it often, based on improving stability, improving user overall experience, or at the developers' discretion. It is still a moving target right now. You can't honestly expect things to remain exactly the same with each new release. However, if you ask them nicely, they usually make changes for you

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Thanks for the 'translation! Perhaps the nuances of Aus. and US English Language-use are that different!

However surely this needs no translation as a polite, simple and nice request:

"Please can we revert to having the side.bezel-swipe 'choice' as to whether to view our newly opened documents, emails to send, or web page as a minute unreadable tab - or not.

Thanks!"

Incidentally - the "or not" refers to our choice option.. and is not meant to be read as an 'abrasive' term to apply any undue pressure to the Devs!

Please don't get me wrong - I love WebOS, this community and the development of Alpha/Beta LunaCE here and understand that nothing ever stands still and that 'change' is the only way forward - but just as those changes may be applied "at the developers' discretion", so those developers could in turn be open to polite and constuctive user-feedback.

I trust no further translation is now required!

6.    #606  
    I believe the original reaction was to the 'ramming it down our throats' comment.

-- Rod
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I believe the original reaction was to the 'ramming it down our throats' comment.

-- Rod
    I believe those were my feelings.
    I shall try then, to be less graphic, or 'Australian', in future!.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I believe those were my feelings.
    I shall try then, to be less graphic, or 'Australian', in future!.

isn't Rod from there as well lol ha ha
    ShiftyAxel and Mutoidi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    isn't Rod from there as well lol ha ha
    Yeah.. but he's from Adelaide!!!
    Say no more mate!

Say no more mate!

I was just sayin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Is there a way to create translations for LunaCE/woce?
    When can we expect the end of the Beta and the package available in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by oholika View Post
    when the current Beta is deemed to be stable

Not specific to only LunaCE, but this should give you all you need to know.
    ETA - WebOS-Ports

Our ETA Philosophy

We believe that it is best if we focus on working on the code rather than giving ETAs to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy.

We also believe that with any porting effort there will be bumps, roadblocks and even bridges washed out that are insurmountable.

Therefore:

We will not give ETAs for anything we are working on.

We will not comment on what projects we are working on till they work (or have been proven to not be currently feasible)

Once we are finished with a port or have found it not currently feasible then we will publish all our findings so others can recreate

or push forward with the work we have already done.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14.    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by oholika View Post
    When there are no outstanding bugs (see the issue tracker to follow that), and when there are no mysterious issues or installation problems reported here.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Say no more mate!

Where all the best people live!! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm not seeing anything like that . Do you still have that issue with this new release ? 4.9.7 ?
    i'm running 4.9.5 from the beta feed. is there a newer beta? preware isn't telling me there is an update.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    i'm running 4.9.5 from the beta feed. is there a newer beta? preware isn't telling me there is an update.
    I believe 4.9.7 and 4.9.9 are still in alpha.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Where all the best people live!! :-)
    That's what they all say!
    Until they live in Melbourne!

~*~
    Don't tell me ... you really mean Australia, and not Austria. I was soooo often asked, why there are no kangaroos where I live ... no hoppedys in the alps, no sir

Oh and to post something on topic: Yes I am really eager to get LunaCE on my TP as well - even more so on my Pre3, but that'S a whooooole other story
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    I believe 4.9.7 and 4.9.9 are still in alpha.
    TUFF Stough - 4.9.10 now :-)